Don't need Android and don't want it!!

For the future... there should be some kind of global/universal app market for all the existing OS in the world.. and everybody could use those apps, no matter what OS your having.
    So everyone could use their phone without restrictions, with the OS you like.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-01-15 04:53 PM
    Agree! Unified app store for all platform using same computer language!

Why pay for same app 4 times on google playstore, apple app store, blackberry world, and microsoft market? Not to forget the in-app purchases also! And not to mention typical apps in blackberry world are more expensive!

And yes, without android app support, blackberry phone would have gone into extinction due to pathetic sales.
    05-01-15 07:01 PM
    Must not go. Don't know if it's possible to get rid of the android runtime in BB10 technically if you not like. If not, blackberry should implement an option "disable android runtime ", or someth!g like that.

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    05-01-15 07:37 PM
    Must not go. Don't know if it's possible to get rid of the android runtime in BB10 technically if you not like. If not, blackberry should implement an option "disable android runtime ", or someth!g like that.

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    That's not even necessary. For those who don't need it, don't install android apps period. There's no need to completely remove it for all. If they want I believe they can do so via sachesi (might be wrong on this one).

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-01-15 08:25 PM
    Don't need Android and don't want it!!

For the future... there should be some kind of global/universal app market for all the existing OS in the world.. and everybody could use those apps, no matter what OS your having.
    So everyone could use their phone without restrictions, with the OS you like.

I'm sorry, but I just can't stop laughing at this. The idea is that of a dreamer and will never happen, ever. The only thing that might happen is that only one mobile platform wins and all other mobile platforms disappear (very little chance it would ever though).

Stop dreaming of a pink fuzzy world, have choices is good. A "one ring to rule them all" type of idea is the absolute worst thing that could ever happen; and if it ever did, you either take it or leave it and you would have no choice to go get apps anywhere else. They would literally have you by your marbles.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 09:08 PM
    Stop dreaming of a pink fuzzy world, have choices is good. A "one ring to rule them all" type of idea is the absolute worst thing that could ever happen; and if it ever did, you either take it or leave it and you would have no choice to go get apps anywhere else. They would literally have you by your marbles.

Posted via CB10
    Google have anyone who uses Android by their marbles, and a very little amount of people knows it..

People would one day walk on the moon?? You're nuts
    People have their own smal computer with Internet?? What did you smoke?
    People will have their own cars in the future? You *****!
    A black man ( Nelson M, Barack O) wil be president of big Nations?? You are outrageous!!
    China will be one of the World's biggest economy?

Must I keep going on??
    Noting is impossible my friend.

05-02-15 09:36 AM
    Google have anyone who uses Android by their marbles, and a very little amount of people knows it..

People would one day walk on the moon?? You're nuts
    People have their own smal computer with Internet?? What did you smoke?
    People will have their own cars in the future? You *****!
    A black man ( Nelson M, Barack O) wil be president of big Nations?? You are outrageous!!
    China will be one of the World's biggest economy?

Must I keep going on??
    Noting is impossible my friend.

There would need to be a commercial advantage.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 10:39 AM
    What's the difference of universal and platform specific apps on the economical side? Now you have free apps ( how do they get the money now?) I think nothing will change...
    Then it's up to the phone manufacturers to prove themselfs. Witch one makes the best phones or Os? Because nothing is depending on the apps, like now?

05-02-15 11:00 AM
    As much as I dislike Android and wish things were different, I do understand the benefit/necessity of adding Android runtime to BlackBerry devices. Fortunately, at least for now, there are enough good native apps that the user can decide not to run any Android applications if they can do without some popular offerings like Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, etc. Your choice!
    05-02-15 11:03 AM
    Thing is, BlackBerry World is loosing dev support because of the Android runtime, even I wonder why I bother sometimes, native support is practically dead
    That is the problem. It is a double edged sword...and the reality is that the more the! Bb10 OS relies on Droid apps, the less well it runs.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 12:33 PM
    Very solid points Conite!!

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    So if we end up seeing the extreme of moving to Android only is it really true that Android apps are laggy and inefficient and require high end specs to work well? If not then the evolution would appear to produce an android phone that is as secure as BlackBerry 10. Perhaps a shell that allows current users to have the same experience (with flow and we'll integrated "native apps").
    I am having a hard time knowing if moving to Android for BlackBerry is good or bad?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:02 PM
    Bad...

05-02-15 03:52 PM
37 12