Not a bad thought. It's going to happen no matter what. Why not look at it in a positive light.

That round end button is straight out of iOS. I think UI is Apple, and UX and gestures are reminiscent of BB10.

But both iOS and BB10 are much cleaner and simpler in behavior. I can't imagine wanting to use an Android phone at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Very Correct, A combination of the two. And I have open this thread to share my thoughts, not to point out any mistakes or tell negative things.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3442) (BBM Channel C002CA0BA)
    11-05-14 11:18 PM
    Hardly.

Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Z3 running BlackBerry 10 - 2BBEAACF
    11-06-14 02:06 AM
    nice view of it here.

- swipe up to unlock..
    - swipe up for google now
    and in general, the gesture implementation... which is obvious and should be there on touch screen phones..
    having to press 'back' buttons is weird. loved the swipe gestures implemented in bb10.. everyone should follow.
    Swipe up for Google now has been on Android a while now.
    11-06-14 02:34 AM
    The only thing I find nice about Lollipop is the simple design of icons, buttons and apps layout. It just looks more cleaner, easy on the eyes, and almost like abstract art. Especially in the settings, it's really evolving to look more simpler then iOS. I think Blackberry OS is still better in my opinion but I think Blackberry can learn a thing or two about Google next OS design. I'm more excited to see what Blackberry have in store for us with 10.4. Hehe.
    11-06-14 03:02 AM
    They blatantly copied the "signature action" from BB 10.3

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-14 09:37 AM

Everyone is blatantly copying from BlackBerry 10. It is like no one has original ideas anymore and are forced to steal from others. It is pathetic! Only low lifes steal from others and Android isn't even the worst offender. I mean just check out this video:

That looks identical to BlackBerry 10 in practically every way possible. Just look at it! It is like Nokia bought a BlackBerry 10 device from years in the future and then copied everything they found. It makes me sick.
    Tre Lawrence and anon8656116 like this.
    11-06-14 03:16 PM
    Everyone is blatantly copying from BlackBerry 10. It is like no one has original ideas anymore and are forced to steal from others. It is pathetic! Only low lifes steal from others and Android isn't even the worst offender. I mean just check out this video:

That looks identical to BlackBerry 10 in practically every way possible. Just look at it! It is like Nokia bought a BlackBerry 10 device from years in the future and then copied everything they found. It makes me sick.
    Nokia N9 was released in September 2011. At that time, Mike and Jim were still milking BlackBerry OS for whatever it's worth and planning on the grand plan of leapfrogging over the completion.
    11-06-14 04:59 PM
    Licensing IP and buying a company to own its IP does not equal borrowing or stealing. When someone makes something that just works, it is generally considered smart to avoid re-inventing the wheel.

I guess under the logic I should have to give my cars back to GM and make something completely different that costs 10x more for me to make myself.
    11-06-14 05:00 PM
    Get off the N9 .. lol the only reason I switched to a blackberry as it was the closest to an N9 (still have an 64g white one..)
    11-06-14 05:49 PM
    The only similarity I see is swipe up. The rest is eye Candy.
    11-06-14 06:03 PM
    Gotta say in loving those animations. The not too keen on the UI. IT'S has the overall best looking UI imo. Sleek and modern.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 06:31 PM
    Every company copies each other. The only difference is one company will make a better copy of that feature.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 07:34 PM
    quite a few things i thought android already had... yikes
    11-06-14 08:15 PM
    quite a few things i thought android already had... yikes
    If one really wanted them earlier on Android, one could have had most of those features. That's Android's latent strength: developers push the envelope, and Google officially adopts the best received features in future builds of Android.
    11-06-14 08:42 PM
    Lollipop looks nice but, IMO, it is really busy. A lot of animations. Looks really cool though. Lots of useful features. Multitasking thing looks like a rolodex that is in no particular order. Lol. Otherwise lots of cool animations and some interesting features. I don't see anything too BB10-esque. IOS8 had features that were closer.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:12 PM

Let's not forget that Palm WebOS was the original modern, gesture-based OS and came out in Jan 2009.

Swipe is swipe. There are only so many gesture swipes one can make on a small screen so borrowing from others will happen. Nothings wrong with that.

Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Z3 running BlackBerry 10 - 2BBEAACF
    11-06-14 10:22 PM
    how are they copying? They are copying cynogen mod than anything. All the "copied" features people are listing has already been in Android before or it's from cynogen.

If anything it's much more polished then BB10. I do hate the active frames on Lollipop though.

Notifications look much better grouped together as well. BB10 Notifications Tab is a complete mess. Getting 50+ notification from non HUB Integrated headless apps, all having that stupid bell notification icon and terrible middle screen which is used as a app launcher.
    11-06-14 11:31 PM
    Saw a video of Android (Lollipop) review and I was shocked to see lots and lots of features are same as we have in BBOS 10 and some of iOS.

Did you feel so? If yes, then please point out the similarities and differences.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3442) (BBM Channel C002CA0BA)
    Who cares. Shall we point all the things BB10 took from iOS and Android to begin with? You can play this game dating back to the 90's if you'd like.
    11-07-14 12:19 AM
    Like people have already pointed out, Android is implementing things from custom ROMS, so they are implementing things that have come to live thanks to the openess of Android.

I also ag ree that it looks way too busy, again thats the beauty of Android << activate developers options and turn them off, if I don't like the BB 10 animations I'm not able to turn that off.
    11-07-14 05:46 AM
    Like people have already pointed out, Android is implementing things from custom ROMS, so they are implementing things that have come to live thanks to the openess of Android.

I also ag ree that it looks way too busy, again thats the beauty of Android << activate developers options and turn them off, if I don't like the BB 10 animations I'm not able to turn that off.
    Well said.

Thus is why I love choice.
    11-07-14 05:55 AM
    there is a lot of webOS in BB10....
    https://www.lytro.com/about/leadership/wes-yun/
    11-07-14 06:12 AM
    Well said.

Thus is why I love choice.
    I'd love to see an option to turn off 4G on my Verizon Z10 like most the others can, and then there is BBM.... if I don't use it, why must it always be running and in the top 10 of Battery Usage process? If my Z10 got 24hrs of use out of the Battery, I could understand not bothering to provide these options... but the Z10's battery life (for some of us) SUCKS!
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    11-07-14 07:35 AM
    there is BBM.... if I don't use it, why must it always be running and in the top 10 of Battery Usage process?
    Check Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions and select the "Connect to BBM" one. Deny this permission for all your needy apps
    11-07-14 07:45 AM
    how are they copying? They are copying cynogen mod than anything. All the "copied" features people are listing has already been in Android before or it's from cynogen.

If anything it's much more polished then BB10. I do hate the active frames on Lollipop though.

Notifications look much better grouped together as well. BB10 Notifications Tab is a complete mess. Getting 50+ notification from non HUB Integrated headless apps, all having that stupid bell notification icon and terrible middle screen which is used as a app launcher.
    Card style active frames are obnoxious. I agree. So confusing. Bb10 has the best multitasking UI on the market. And bordering on desktop OS clarity.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 09:32 PM
    Card style active frames are obnoxious. I agree. So confusing. Bb10 has the best multitasking UI on the market. And bordering on desktop OS clarity.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 does rule the multitasking cards part of the market. They are the only OS that is in your face about it without hiding it in an open app drawer which makes it nice.

Except not truely multitasking since when you open an app (especially android apps) then minimize them the app doesn't keep loading. Most of the time with native apps but not all the time. And barely any headless support, BB10 isn't exactly built for tons of headless apps that aren't HUB integrated though.
    11-08-14 12:25 AM
52 123