It seems like most BlackBerry users have added Android apps to their devices, one way or another. But for those of you who haven't done so, how are you getting along without them???

+-keystroke queen-+
    11-22-14 05:10 PM
    Getting along gloriously.

It's funny how BB10 eliminated things I used to need apps for before. For instance, to transfer files between my computer and Android phone, I would have to 1) be on the same WiFi network, and when that wasn't enough 2) Launch Teamviewer to transfer files. Now, RFA ftw.

Then, my Android phone--a one-time flagship--proved it's not always about the apps. Then phone turned out to be a colossal failure at Exchange/Hotmail/Live email, and I got many suggestions for alternate email apps. I wasn't willing to hand over my email addresses to a third party app, and when I tried a "first party" app, the problem still remained. No problems on my Q10 and its built-in email app.
    keepit dry and riss89 like this.
    11-22-14 05:25 PM
    Never have used many apps, going way back. BlackBerry has always given me most of what I need right out of the box. I think the only port I'm using is the Bible app. Just depends on you and what you need.
    riss89 likes this.
    11-22-14 05:29 PM
    I don't depend on any Android apps, just a couple of native ones.
    11-22-14 07:07 PM
    I left Android because I wanted a change so I bought the z30 when it was $299 and I promised myself no Android apps. I have kept my promise and I haven't missed anything. I am not a big gamer and since BlackBerry World had Evernote and OneDrive I was a happy camper. The one game I did really like is Asphalt 8 and it is available but I haven't downloaded it yet.
    11-22-14 07:48 PM
    I left Android because I wanted a change so I bought the z30 when it was $299 and I promised myself no Android apps. I have kept my promise and I haven't missed anything. I am not a big gamer and since BlackBerry World had Evernote and OneDrive I was a happy camper. The one game I did really like is Asphalt 8 and it is available but I haven't downloaded it yet.
    Yupp! With it just recently becoming free on BlackBerry World i decided to go ahead and download it! Seems pretty good so far

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-22-14 08:29 PM
    Would have happily downloaded Olive Tree Bible Reader from BlackBerry World... had it been available. But it wasn't, so to the Amazon store and Android I went.

Same with Dish Anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 08:51 PM
    I came from Android and did not install any Android apps. The 2 additional apps I installed from blackberry world are cb10 and whatsapp.

Blackberry has eliminated the need to install a few apps such as box, unit converter, and I am exploring whether the todo app, Remember, can replace my need of Toodledo.

In fact I removed a few apps from the phone such as facebook and twitter, which is quite impossible in most Android phones.

I commented earlier in another thread that if you use your phone for productivity purpose, you are probably fine with blackberry. The millions of apps available in other platforms are thousands of copy cat apps, and another 500 thousand games and entertainment apps, and finally another few hundred thousand apps which you can perform the same function on webpages.

Disclaimer: I do have Galaxy Note 8.

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    11-22-14 09:22 PM
    I always look for a suitable native app first but I've got 9 android apps loaded. I always consider the source of the and the permissions requested before loading. I use a Blackberry because I value my privacy and security. In my experience, Android (and Google) have no respect for privacy.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R and Mecca EL like this.
    11-22-14 09:29 PM
    Ahhh so nice and refreshing to confirm the thought that there are BlackBerry users who only use native apps, AND are still fully satisfied with their phones offerings. Although there are some BlackBerry users who want to turn the majority of their phone's guts into an Android.. I've not yet seen the appeal. BlackBerry has done a pretty good job with what comes already on the software ecosystem. If I can't find it in BlackBerry world, I don't put it on my phone. I've toyed w/ the thought of loading android apps from amazon and what not, but if I ever decide to it'll have to be sometime after 10.3.X, since at least to my knowledge amazon app store will already be loaded on the software versions and android apps will run more compatible to it than with 10.2.X

+-keystroke queen-+
    11-22-14 09:57 PM
    My 9790 is obviously Android-free.

If ever my work upgrades me to a BB10 device (hopefully the Classic), I would still rely on my Android devices for apps and multimedia. Too many workarounds just to get them working.

Posted from an ME173X
    11-23-14 12:02 AM
    These are my only droid apps, I wish there were native counterparts but there isn't and that sucks. Granted I could just use smart glass from my Windows 10 tablet but it's convenient to have on my phone as well.

Android-free-img_20141123_100925.png

Posted via the Z to the 3 to the 0 // 2B6832B1
    11-23-14 09:11 AM
    Only

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 09:24 AM