Stuck at processing while installing apk....i installed blackberry runtime for android but nothing happens other than processing...what's the remedy?

Posted via CB10
    I would start a new thread under the Questions forum, and specify WHICH app you were installing.

You're much more likely to get help that way than burying yours in a long thread that's not related.
    12-15-17 03:07 PM
    Because it would be a dumb idea. What is the ROI?

BlackBerry has been out of the handset business for more than a year. All they do in that regard now is licence BlackBerry Android software to other hardware vendors.
    Scraping the BBOS is the only dumb idea IMO. How is a company who has built its legacy with a BlackBerry phone just get up remove their blackberry phone running BBOS from what they have to offer as a company.

Blackberry was initially a device designed as a personal digital assistant with calling features.
    12-15-17 05:25 PM
    Scraping the BBOS is the only dumb idea IMO. How is a company who has built its legacy with a BlackBerry phone just get up remove their blackberry phone running BBOS from what they have to offer as a company.

Blackberry was initially a device designed as a personal digital assistant with calling features.
    Because that legacy is an anchor that was keeping them deep in the red?
    12-15-17 05:28 PM
    Because that legacy is an anchor that was keeping them deep in the red?
    more like the anchor that is keeping them alive as a pioneer as a SmartPhone Creator... RIM/BlackBerry. Not saying that creating additional software for other industries is a bad thing like QNX but to just forget about BBOS might be their biggest mistake when they initially created an operating system that has kept them a float for so many years. that could have been developed which it has with a lot of key features of some of the older BBOS with new developments to keep it running smoothly.
    12-15-17 05:58 PM
    more like the anchor that is keeping them alive as a pioneer as a SmartPhone Creator... RIM/BlackBerry. Not saying that creating additional software for other industries is a bad thing like QNX but to just forget about BBOS might be their biggest mistake when they initially created an operating system that has kept them a float for so many years. that could have been developed which it has with a lot of key features of some of the older BBOS with new developments to keep it running smoothly.
    How was losing billions of dollars keeping them alive?

The last time they made a profit on the device business was 2011.
    12-15-17 06:06 PM
    How was losing billions of dollars keeping them alive?

The last time they made a profit on the device business was 2011.
    losing billions in investments that could of been handle differently.

one of the main reason they probably didn't continue profiting was due to the fact that they didn't keep developing the BBOS which would of been their first priority versus trying to compete with something that is in a different category of a phone.

for example Nokia is still creating a phone that has less then 20 buttons on its device and is still in business with a device that can be said is not wanted in the the device business.
    12-15-17 06:41 PM
    losing billions in investments that could of been handle differently.

one of the main reason they probably didn't continue profiting was due to the fact that they didn't keep developing the BBOS which would of been their first priority versus trying to compete with something that is in a different category of a phone.

for example Nokia is still creating a phone that has less then 20 buttons on its device and is still in business with a device that can be said is not wanted in the the device business.
    BTW, BBOS refers to the OS7.1 and prior phones. BB10 devices are the phones made between 2013 and 2015.

BB10 was already an unmitigated disaster by the summer of 2013. The company went up for sale, and after no takers, they decided to pivot away from BB10 and focus on enterprise and IoT software solutions. Chen was hired to do that.

They did not quit BB10 to go Android. The shuttering of BB10 was a foregone conclusion in 2013, and was going to happen no matter what - as soon as supplier and customer commitments were exhausted.

BlackBerry Android was an independent project that was only considered because it was far cheaper and far less risky. It was worth a shot. The result at least gave them another software product to licence. BlackBerry Android was not in lieu of BB10 - it was in lieu of NOTHING.
    12-15-17 06:45 PM
    BTW, BBOS refers to the OS7.1 and prior phones. BB10 are the phones made between 2013 and 2015.

BB10 was already an unmitigated disaster by the summer of 2013. The company went up for sale, and after no takers, they decided to pivot away from BB10 and focus on enterprise and IoT software solutions. Chen was hired to do that.

They did not quit BB10 to go Android. The shuttering of BB10 was a foregone conclusion in 2013, and was going to happen no matter what - as soon as supply and customer commitments were exhausted.

Android was an independent project that was only considered because it was far cheaper and far less risky. It was worth a shot. The result at least gave them another software product to licence.
    you do realize that the investment to continue developing the same OS which technically still is BBOS with minor tweaks to the interface thats if you ever used a BBOS device and to even consider an enterprise and IoT software solution option a device should be included in that as a feature to keep things secure in the network. doing the BYOD option is a something that shouldnt even be considered to keep the network secure of the enterprise. and to tell an employee to use a BlackBerry to do their work for the company they work to keep thing secure and confidential as possible is a benefit that alot of companies should consider due to the fact that using a personal device for work for some company might risk them with exposure of the confidential information.

on another note, its like telling apple iphone to be "powered by android" since they dont want to keep making updates for their Operating System. it doesnt make sense at all.
    12-15-17 06:55 PM
    you do realize that the investment to continue developing the same OS which technically still is BBOS with minor tweaks to the interface thats if you ever used a BBOS device and to even consider an enterprise and IoT software solution option a device should be included in that as a feature to keep things secure in the network. doing the BYOD option is a something that shouldnt even be considered to keep the network secure of the enterprise. and to tell an employee to use a BlackBerry to do their work for the company they work to keep thing secure and confidential as possible is a benefit that alot of companies should consider due to the fact that using a personal device for work for some company might risk them with exposure of the confidential information.

on another note, its like telling apple iphone to be "powered by android" since they dont want to keep making updates for their Operating System. it doesnt make sense at all.
    BBOS and BB10 are probably as far apart as two platforms can possibly be. They have almost nothing in common whatsoever.

It would make perfect sense for Apple to dump iOS if it lost them billions of dollars each and every year.
    12-15-17 06:57 PM
    BBOS and BB10 are probably as far apart as two platforms can possibly be. They have almost nothing in common whatsoever.

It would make perfect sense for Apple to dump iOS if it lost them billions of dollars each and every year.
    Two platform of a diference is a comment that I'm not sure I should even entertain with experience using both BBOS 7 and BBOS 10

iOS is an operating system, BBOS is an operating system, Windows is an operating system, OS X version 10.xxxxx is an operating system. For a company to drop it's operating system is like draining the blood out of a human body.
    12-15-17 07:26 PM
    iOS is an operating system, BBOS is an operating system, Windows is an operating system, OS X version 10.xxxxx is an operating system. For a company to drop it's operating system is like draining the blood out of a human body.
    How well do you think that Microsoft would be doing today if they were still selling DOS on desktop/laptop computers? Or Macs with System 9?

The world is constantly moving forward, and change happens. If you can't deal with that, then you get left behind. That's reality, like it or not.
    12-16-17 01:01 AM
    How well do you think that Microsoft would be doing today if they were still selling DOS on desktop/laptop computers? Or Macs with System 9?

The world is constantly moving forward, and change happens. If you can't deal with that, then you get left behind. That's reality, like it or not.
    I'm pretty sure you got off topic was talking about constantly updating BBOS to thru a matter of different versions. Windows went from early stage windows to whatever windows version it is now from microsoft and os mac started of with whatever number to the most up-to-date mac os that is available today from apple.

So blackberry would and should do is keep developing BBOS and keep it up-to-date and create a BBOS 10.4 or just jumpt to BBOS 11.... instead of just replacing it with the android os that is owned by Google if not mistaking
    12-16-17 03:48 AM
    My galaxy S5 with snapdragon 801 is running Android 7.1.1 like a champ. Of course it's a custom rom.

Posted via The Classic
    I think that people either envy you or don't believe you. Otherwise there is no reason for them to play with making money of your idea.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    12-16-17 07:10 AM
    I think that people either envy you or don't believe you. Otherwise there is no reason for them to play with making money of your idea.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    Well actually there is no money in that. I am a long time xda member and I know how to do stuff. I began flashing custom firmwares on my moto v3 then HTC windows mobile phones. Most people here don't know about those. They even don't know that xda is flooded with android custom firmwares for devices older than galaxy s5. But it's ok.

Posted via The Classic
    12-16-17 07:36 AM
    I'm pretty sure you got off topic was talking about constantly updating BBOS to thru a matter of different versions. Windows went from early stage windows to whatever windows version it is now from microsoft and os mac started of with whatever number to the most up-to-date mac os that is available today from apple.

So blackberry would and should do is keep developing BBOS and keep it up-to-date and create a BBOS 10.4 or just jumpt to BBOS 11.... instead of just replacing it with the android os that is owned by Google if not mistaking
    No one is interested in licencing either BBOS or BB10 (they are totally different OS), BlackBerry was only able to licence it's hardening Android and it's software suit of apps.

So why spends billions for developing an OS that no one wants ?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-17 07:51 AM
    The answer is - go make it opensource! Everyone in 1990s was telling me: "Why are you using that geeky Linux? There's almost no soft for that". And what do we have now? Linux is one of the most advanced OS on the market with tons of programs for just every single task.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-17 08:00 AM
    The answer is - go make it opensource! Everyone in 1990s was telling me: "Why are you using that geeky Linux? There's almost no soft for that". And what do we have now? Linux is one of the most advanced OS on the market with tons of programs for just every single task.

Posted via CB10
    That's not an answer. BlackBerry is not going to give up its signing keys.
    12-16-17 08:16 AM
    That's not an answer. BlackBerry is not going to give up its signing keys.
    I know it's not. But, this is a very poor position, when the question is standing between bury OS or make smth good for people.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-17 08:29 AM
    I know it's not. But, this is a very poor position, when the question is standing between bury OS or make smth good for people.

Posted via CB10
    Poor position for you. They are probably ecstatic to have a plan to dump their financial disaster!
    12-16-17 01:57 PM

Because they're not in the phone hardware business anymore.
    12-16-17 05:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bury OS, benefits the company, BlackBerry. The only concern as company is what benefits the company.. Right??
    12-16-17 05:52 PM
    Bury OS, benefits the company, BlackBerry. The only concern as company is what benefits the company.. Right??
    I can understand everything but what __is__ the benefit in burying the OS for BB? Github is free of charge, meanwhile...

Posted via CB10
    12-16-17 07:22 PM
    I can understand everything but what __is__ the benefit in burying the OS for BB? Github is free of charge, meanwhile...

Posted via CB10
    To open source BB10 would entail open sourcing all or at least a very large part of QNX, which they are still shipping to non-phone customers. BB doesn't have the best history with open source; for example, their Android kernel repo is collecting dust instead of hosting the KEYone/Motion kernel code that the GPL says they must host.

I don't know if and sincerely hope that it isn't happening now, but Mike Lazaridis himself distrusted open source:

[David] Yach favored running the existing Java BlackBerry platform on top of QNX’s core technology in order to support existing apps. But many developers, including Alan Brenner, championed a different approach: tacking the BlackBerry interface on top of an Android operating system with QNX at its core. Android offered ready-made technology that would enable RIM to push out a new device to market quickly, with a running start in consumer apps, where Android was a significant player. But it would also mean apps developed for BlackBerry wouldn’t work anymore. By late 2010, Yach embraced a third option: combining RIM’s Java operating system with Android’s.
    Lazaridis wanted no Java on future BlackBerrys and was troubled by Android: he felt an Android BlackBerry would be less distinguishable from countless other smartphones and would be far less secure than the QNX or existing BlackBerry operating systems because Android was written using publicly available open-source code. Businesses were sure to reject it.
    12-16-17 07:31 PM
    What about BlackBerry hardware line, knowledge and patents? They sold that? Just licensed? What about a chinnese company using making PKB and a flavour of BlackBerry devices for generic android?

I want a proper PKB device without this super secure BlackBerry firmware/software.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-17 05:17 AM
    What about BlackBerry hardware line, knowledge and patents? They sold that? Just licensed? What about a chinnese company using making PKB and a flavour of BlackBerry devices for generic android?

I want a proper PKB device without this super secure BlackBerry firmware/software.

Posted via CB10
    Just buy a used KEYone cheap... it's close enough to stock Android...
    12-17-17 06:24 AM
93 1234