BB Android is running DTEK, BB Services, etc so it wouldn't be a 1:1 comparison for performance. Closest we can see is the Priv which is running a 808 and how that performs.
    Of course that is not a 1:1 scenario but I was just stating that snapdragon801 is quite capable of running android 7.

Posted via The Classic
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-05-17 01:45 PM
    Why does making some money off your idea/fact of upgrading old phones offend you? Are you already rich and this is just beneath you?
    I am already making a lot of money so yeah that is beneath me. This is just a hobby. By doing such I can avoid google data mining on android and get latest updates. So I am enjoying the benefits of android with security and privacy while using my classic as a daily driver.

Posted via The Classic
    12-05-17 01:50 PM
    Of course that is not a 1:1 scenario but I was just stating that snapdragon801 is quite capable of running android 7.

Posted via The Classic
    Right, Android itself is basically "device agnostic", users have Nougat running on the HTC HD2 after all. The limitations are with Google's certification process for updates,

https://www.androidauthority.com/and...00-801-712930/

For a hypothetical Passport update we'd be limited to Marshmallow and given BB Android's problems on devices like the Priv I think we'd see similar issues on an even older device.
    12-05-17 02:14 PM
    I am already making a lot of money so yeah that is beneath me. This is just a hobby. By doing such I can avoid google data mining on android and get latest updates. So I am enjoying the benefits of android with security and privacy while using my classic as a daily driver.

Posted via The Classic
    Ok. But then, I wouldn't know that you're rich, why is my comment offensive?
    12-05-17 02:25 PM
    Ok. But then, I wouldn't know that you're rich, why is my comment offensive?
    In his defense, it sounded condescending to me...
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-05-17 02:30 PM
    In his defense, it sounded condescending to me...
    Exactly how? First the word "idea" and now what "get rich" is too casual? This is a forum with casual speak......
    12-05-17 02:38 PM
    Exactly how? First the word "idea" and now what "get rich" is too casual? This is a forum with casual speak......
    You know how it works. You write something with one intention, and in the other end someone can interpret it completely differently.
    12-05-17 02:41 PM
    Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-17 04:47 PM

Posted via The Classic

Posted via CB10
    12-05-17 04:48 PM
    On BB10 at least the runtime is locked down and BlackBerry still has the ability to release a patch for serious vulnerabilities if they are ever found.

https://www.androidauthority.com/and...00-801-712930/
    Right... I especially like how they quickly acknowledged and came out with a KRACK patch.

BB10 is already dead, at least with Marshmallow you get another year.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-17 05:06 PM
    Right... I especially like how they quickly acknowledged and came out with a KRACK patch.

BB10 is already dead, at least with Marshmallow you get another year.

Posted via CB10
    The Priv didn't get the November update so it may already be EOL which doesn't bode well for continued support on a hypothetical Marshmallow Passport (which is even older).

There was at least some movement today in the spotted OS thread so I stand by my original point, if you're looking for longevity and security on your existing device you're probably better off with BB10 than hoping for (or in some cases, actually trying) an "Android update".
    12-05-17 05:18 PM
    The Priv didn't get the November update so it may already be EOL which doesn't bode well for continued support on a hypothetical Marshmallow Passport (which is even older).

There was at least some movement today in the spotted OS thread so I stand by my original point, if you're looking for longevity and security on your existing device you're probably better off with BB10 than hoping for (or in some cases, actually trying) an "Android update".
    The Priv received the October update, late in November. And the delay was to include the KRACK fix. My guess is that they will skip November, and jump directly to December, which is not yet available from Google.
    jamescarruthers likes this.
    12-05-17 08:05 PM
    Yes you are a proven fool now. Go take a nap.

Posted via The Classic
    U need a beer.
    12-05-17 08:14 PM
    The Priv received the October update, late in November. And the delay was to include the KRACK fix. My guess is that they will skip November, and jump directly to December, which is not yet available from Google.
    I believe the Priv received the October update in the same month, BlackBerry also released a separate hotfix in October just for KRACK.
    12-05-17 08:17 PM
    I believe the Priv received the October update in the same month, BlackBerry also released a separate hotfix in October just for KRACK.
    STV100-1 and 2 received it the last days of October, STV100-3 and 4 first days of November. (mine was 11-3)
    12-05-17 08:33 PM
    STV100-1 and 2 received it the last days of October, STV100-3 and 4 first days of November. (mine was 11-3)
    That could be a carrier delay if it was only a few days. Google published the December update yesterday so I guess we'll find out in the next few days if the Priv will get it,

https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2017-12-01
    12-05-17 08:38 PM
    That could be a carrier delay if it was only a few days. Google published the December update yesterday so I guess we'll find out in the next few days if the Priv will get it,

https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2017-12-01
    No carrier delays, unlocked device.
    12-05-17 08:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol yes we are keyboard warriors and we got the real physical ones.

Posted via The Classic
    12-05-17 11:56 PM
    I got stuck at processing and unable to install apks

Posted from BlackBerry
    12-12-17 03:59 AM
    This is a user-to-user forum so I doubt anyone has any insider info to answer your question.
    12-12-17 07:24 AM
    Lol yes we are keyboard warriors and we got the real physical ones.

Posted via The Classic
    LOL
    12-12-17 07:44 AM
    Please don't do so.
    And no, the hardware is 3yeas old at least.
    And no, Android isn't supporting 1:1 screen scale.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-17 12:24 AM
    Stuck at processing while installing apk....i installed blackberry runtime for android but nothing happens other than processing...what's the remedy?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-17 12:34 AM
    Guess that isn't going to happen...
    12-15-17 06:51 AM
    Guess that isn't going to happen...
    Hey, but at least we have 2 more years of "support" for BB10!!
    12-15-17 02:58 PM
93 1234