If blackberry has stopped BB 10 OS officially will BB open devices to Android?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-17 09:53 AM
    No.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-03-17 09:58 AM
    No, BB10 hardware is too old so it wouldn't officially run any recent version of Android anyway. You're better off with BB10 and the runtime than an EOL version of Android IMO.
    12-03-17 10:26 AM
    Unfortunately there are cero chances of that happening.
    12-03-17 10:33 AM
    No, BB10 hardware is too old so it wouldn't officially run any recent version of Android anyway. You're better off with BB10 and the runtime than an EOL version of Android IMO.
    I have BB Passport it is also old hardware?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-17 08:33 AM
    Unfortunately there are cero chances of that happening.
    Reason?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-17 08:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Reason?

Posted via CB10
    Because it would be a dumb idea. What is the ROI?

BlackBerry has been out of the handset business for more than a year. All they do in that regard now is licence BlackBerry Android software to other hardware vendors.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-04-17 08:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the Snapdragon 801 only supports as high as Android Marshmallow which is almost EOL. You'd have access to some more apps but without security updates Android users are basically sitting ducks. On BB10 at least the runtime is locked down and BlackBerry still has the ability to release a patch for serious vulnerabilities if they are ever found.

https://www.androidauthority.com/and...00-801-712930/
    12-04-17 09:55 AM
    Ok

Posted via CB10
    12-04-17 10:07 AM
    Even if it was Marshamallow it will be better than BB10 in the app availability aspect. But as @conite said, BlackBerry closed the hardware division so they are done with devices.
    12-05-17 09:04 AM
    Even if it was Marshamallow it will be better than BB10 in the app availability aspect. But as @conite said, BlackBerry closed the hardware division so they are done with devices.
    Marshmallow/BB Android has performance problems on the Priv, now imagine it running on even older hardware. You may have more theoretical access to apps but I doubt many would be happy with their performance.
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    12-05-17 10:12 AM
    Marshmallow/BB Android has performance problems on the Priv, now imagine it running on even older hardware. You may have more theoretical access to apps but I doubt many would be happy with their performance.
    Yep, unfortunately there is no way to ever test it.
    12-05-17 10:54 AM
    Yes, the Snapdragon 801 only supports as high as Android Marshmallow which is almost EOL. You'd have access to some more apps but without security updates Android users are basically sitting ducks. On BB10 at least the runtime is locked down and BlackBerry still has the ability to release a patch for serious vulnerabilities if they are ever found.

https://www.androidauthority.com/and...00-801-712930/
    My galaxy S5 with snapdragon 801 is running Android 7.1.1 like a champ. Of course it's a custom rom.

Posted via The Classic
    12-05-17 12:30 PM
    My galaxy S5 with snapdragon 801 is running Android 7.1.1 like a champ. Of course it's a custom rom.

Posted via The Classic
    You should make a bunch and sell them on eBay and get rich.....
    12-05-17 12:37 PM
    You should make a bunch and sell them on eBay and get rich.....
    Lame joke!

Posted via The Classic
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-05-17 01:06 PM
    Lame joke!

Posted via The Classic
    Why is your fact a lame joke? If your fact really is good, wouldn't people buy from you to save money....???
    12-05-17 01:19 PM
    Why is your idea a lame joke? If your idea really is good, wouldn't people buy from you to save money....???
    You are a fool if you think my reply to someone else was an idea. I was stating a fact.

Posted via The Classic
    12-05-17 01:21 PM
    You are a fool if you think my reply to someone else was an idea. I was stating a fact.

Posted via The Classic
    There, I fixed it for you since it seems you didn't understand my English word in the proper context. Now answer my question....
    12-05-17 01:24 PM
    There, I fixed it for you since it seems you didn't understand my English word in the proper context. Now answer my question....
    Yes you are a proven fool now. Go take a nap.

Posted via The Classic
    12-05-17 01:28 PM
    Yes you are a proven fool now. Go take a nap.

Posted via The Classic
    What's your problem or is this more language barrier?? You're the one bragging on your 3-4 year old phone and I acknowledged your accomplishment with your old phone. There's plenty of cheap people out there who pay money for stuff like you did....
    12-05-17 01:32 PM

Posted via The Classic
    BB Android is running DTEK, BB Services, etc so it wouldn't be a 1:1 comparison for performance. Closest we can see is the Priv which is running a 808 and how that performs.
    12-05-17 01:36 PM
    What's your problem or is this more language barrier?? You're the one bragging on your 3-4 year old phone and I acknowledged your accomplishment with your old phone. There's plenty of cheap people out there who pay money for stuff like you did....
    Yeah that is indeed a language barrier that you failed to comprehend. Someone on the forum stated that snap801 is not compatible with android higher than version 6. I replied to them that my old s5 is working good on android 7. That was a fact and your lame idea of making money was an offense to me. Maybe you'll be able to comprehend now.

Posted via The Classic
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-05-17 01:38 PM
    Yeah that is indeed a language barrier that you failed to comprehend. Someone on the forum stated that snap801 is not compatible with android higher than version 6. I replied to them that my old s5 is working good on android 7. That was a fact and your lame idea of making money was an offense to me. Maybe you'll be able to comprehend now.

Posted via The Classic
    You're offended because he congratulated you and suggested you try and make money from it? Ok.
    12-05-17 01:39 PM
    You're offended because he congratulated you and suggested you try and make money from it? Ok.
    Oh please share that post of congratulation. And I don't need to make money by selling phones.

Posted via The Classic
    12-05-17 01:43 PM

Posted via The Classic
    Why does making some money off your idea/fact of upgrading old phones offend you? Are you already rich and this is just beneath you?
    12-05-17 01:45 PM
93 123 ...