The android apps I've run.. audible... netflix... ect... are all smooth as butter on my z10.
    02-03-14 09:20 AM
    I was wondering..... I had a Motorola Milestone years ago. Thats why I have a Gmail/gplay account. It had Android 2.2 or anything like that, maybe 2.3.
    Just wondering if the system still thinks i have 2.2 instead of 4.2.2 Jeally Bean and that is why apps are slow(er) than on other phones? I downloaded them via Snap, but go course with my gmail address.
    What do u guys think?
    02-03-14 09:20 AM
    True.
    They're always slower than native. For most of the important services there native alternatives. Go find them before using Android.
    02-03-14 09:24 AM
    I just loaded Scribd from Snap, and it seems to work properly. I can scroll through the books fine. The settings menu is also working fine. I'm not going to register, so I can't tell if there are any issues after that. Hth

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    02-03-14 09:46 AM
    Wrong thread.
    02-03-14 09:52 AM
    Have the same thing as the op. Sometimes they are very slow, but too slow overall I think. When clicking something, it takes 1-3 seconds sometimes until it loads up, sometimes even longer But they are working ok.
    I do a security wipe in the moment and will reinstall apps. See is there is a difference.
    Well after I did the security wipe, I had to reinstall all android apps (I knew that) and now I have the feeling they do are a bit snappier. It�s just fine for me. Can always be better. But better than before for me
    02-03-14 06:20 PM
    My experience, on a Z10, is the same as the OP. Even the Android-ported BB apps that worked fine on 10.1, like Kindle, are noticeably slower, even though I'm still running the .bar version from BBW, not the .apk versions from Snap or the Amazon app store. It's as if the entire Android runtime environment doesn't work properly on the device.

BTW, my entire device is much slower and clunkier than before the upgrade, is anyone else having this problem? The hub is much slower -- after tapping on an email or a Facebook notification, I have to wait 3-5 seconds, sometimes longer, before the message text appears.
    02-03-14 10:11 PM
    It's really no surprise whatsoever that a secondary OS running as a VM and sharing CPU, memory, storage and all other resources with another OS will likely suffer some sort of performance degradation compared to having a similiar piece of hardware all to itself.

But depending on the type of app you are running the difference may not be that big of a deal or even noticeable at all, and there is a huge convenience of having basically two complete, independent and simultaneously running OS platforms on the same device which allow data-sharing between themselves and access to a huge variety of different development platforms for apps to leverage.

No other major smartphone platform in the world can make this claim.
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-04-14 03:36 AM
    BTW, my entire device is much slower and clunkier than before the upgrade, is anyone else having this problem? The hub is much slower -- after tapping on an email or a Facebook notification, I have to wait 3-5 seconds, sometimes longer, before the message text appears.

That should not be the case after the first 24-48 hours or so after the update.
    02-04-14 03:38 AM
    I find that android apps (even new ones loaded through snap) are much slower to start up than they were before 10.2.1.
    I'm on the official verizon release. Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925

Most apps run but are somewhat slower than before, and much slower to start up. Hard to say the app gap is fixed when my kids see a 5-8 second startup for an app that comes up almost immediately on their phones.

I also get a number of "app has stopped responding" messages usually on startup...if I press "wait" it completes startup and runs. Guess I'm puzzled why this release should be slower...?
    02-09-14 01:03 PM
    I am really happy with the android apps apk I run since the advent of the android runtime annd snap.
    These are:
    brother and hp printer service.
    swann camera viewer
    Linksys smart wifi

These apps might seem a bit obscure but its these hw control app that were missing which were the last remaining hurdle to full adoption of bb10 as my main platform. I really need these apps but I cant help thinking it's such a big shame why linksys, swann and brother did not port these apps into bbw in the first place. If you needed hw apps before 10.2.1 BlackBerry were not a contender. Now they are, I think we should all cheer to this.
    02-09-14 01:29 PM
    some android app run slow but not all.
    i have songza work fine in 10.2.0, now in 10.2.1 often freeze buffering next song, but not always.

camera360 and camera zoom fx, work fine with 10.2.0 but now work well in 10.2.1

so some app work better in 10.2.1, some worse, just waiting for next os.

CB10 with Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-09-14 08:57 PM
    Mine work perfectly been using 1025 for awhile now

IROC-Z30 But Mostly She Rocks Me!
    02-09-14 08:59 PM
    No.. even with 4.2.2 I'm disappointed with performance of android apps on BB10 and when people say they run better than android.. their just bullish because they don't. I wish BlackBerry would increase hardware acceleration by 5 times and then we will see if it's comparable.

And trust me I've been up against anything from galaxy s2's all the way to s4's and notes and no, BB10 is still slower for loading times, initialization and the rest of the works.

Posted via CB10
    FishTire likes this.
    02-09-14 09:13 PM
    No.. even with 4.2.2 I'm disappointed with performance of android apps on BB10 and when people say they run better than android.. their just bullish because they don't. I wish BlackBerry would increase hardware acceleration by 5 times and then we will see if it's comparable.
    5 times? You don't ask for much, do you?

It was unrealistic to think that BB10 could run Android apps faster than Android does. The Google guys may not have the coveted maple leaf on their kernel, but it turns out, despite that, they really do know a thing or two.

The Android runtime to me has always been about making BB10 viable for a lot of people until native apps come along.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    02-09-14 09:20 PM
    5 times? You don't ask for much, do you?

It was unrealistic to think that BB10 could run Android apps faster than Android does. The Google guys may not have the coveted maple leaf on their kernel, but it turns out, despite that, they really do know a thing or two.

The Android runtime to me has always been about making BB10 viable for a lot of people until native apps come along.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    But do see any popular native apps like IG, Snapchat, Netflix etc coming anytime soon? No so why wait, why not build on something already great and make it more capable. Now I'm not saying the iGrann and snap2chat etc aren't good enough, they are more then good enough but BBW needs those original official apps to!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:52 PM
    quizduell is pretty slow on my bb, start up takes like 30 seconds

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 07:42 AM
    Smooth on z10.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    02-11-14 07:54 AM
    But do see any popular native apps like IG, Snapchat, Netflix etc coming anytime soon? No so why wait, why not build on something already great and make it more capable. Now I'm not saying the iGrann and snap2chat etc aren't good enough, they are more then good enough but BBW needs those original official apps to!

There's only so much the company can do if app developers don't want to bring their apps to the platform.

If the most important thing to a person is having the most popular apps in the world available, then they should not be using a Blackberry. (Or a Windows Phone, or Tizen, or Sailfish, or FirefoxOS, or Ubuntu Mobile, etc.)

On the other hand, there are tons of good apps in BBW, and with the addition of the Android app compatibility, it's a pretty interesting alternative.

Personally I'm perfectly OK with not having all the mainstream junk on the platform. Because I don't use most of 'em anyway. No interest in Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Vine, etc etc etc. Suits me fine.
    02-14-14 09:02 PM
    The only app giving me issues is myfitnesspal. It is slow. But it didn't work at all before the update.

I'm running Fit bit and it works well.

I suspect that the " layering " of an android player over BB10 is the issue with the delay.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:35 PM
    The only app giving me issues is myfitnesspal. It is slow. But it didn't work at all before the update.

I'm running Fit bit and it works well.

I suspect that the " layering " of an android player over BB10 is the issue with the delay.

My first suspicion would be the bluetooth link.

BB10 didn't have any bluetooth functionality at all in the Android runtime prior to OS 10.2.1.1925. The initial implementation seems to be a little shaky. Presumably it will improve. A new official OS just hit the street ~36 hrs ago, might be worth testing.
    02-15-14 02:11 AM
    Same problem on my blackberry z3 android apps are slow even if they are downloaded from snap or Amazon app store. Like the Facebook messenger and Facebook android app are lagging too much it takes around 15 seconds to open android Facebook messenger. Anyone can solve my problem. And I'm having same issue as well as other android (apk) apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry z3...
    01-03-15 08:50 AM
    Load times of android apps is a little higher but they do run fast once loaded. I recommend leaving them open (active) if you use them a lot, after all, on Android these apps run in the background even if you close them.
    01-03-15 12:32 PM
    Found the same issue on my Q10. Android apps were slow and a few wouldn't run at all.
    01-03-15 01:20 PM
    mine working fine. no problem at all.
    Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925

Posted via CB10
    This kind of reply is not helpful!
    08-03-16 02:58 AM
50 12