Like many people I was seriously excited about being able to load pretty much any Android apps, so as soon as I got the new OS yesterday I signed up for Amazon Market (or whatever it is called) and installed a free app and a paid app.

They installed perfectly fine. I was impressed. So cool.

But then the disappointment sent in.

They took a long time to load and then were sooooooo slow and unresponsive. I'd click on a button and five to ten seconds later something might start to happen. I was not a good experience, and nothing liked what I'd been hoping for.

Call me optimistic, but I was hoping that these Android apps would run at pretty much the same speed as if I was running them on a Samsung Note or some other Android device.

Hopefully, it just a fault with my Z10, but everything else seems to be running fine (including Android apps installed via App World) so I'm a bit concerned.

Is anyone else having the same slow, clunky and unresponsive problem?
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-29-14 02:56 AM
    mine working fine. no problem at all.
    Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925

Posted via CB10
    yorkshireman2 likes this.
    01-29-14 02:59 AM
    what apps are causing these issues? I've been running 10.2.1 for 2 monthrs and have something like 35 android apps installed and they all run flawlessly, except when it has something to do with google play services. you just loaded this OS, give it a couple of days to settle in and maybe things will get better
    yorkshireman2 likes this.
    01-29-14 03:00 AM
    Just tried two apps so far. Both from Amazon.

Scribd, which is free, and Insight Timer, which was a couple of bucks. I also get an error on Insight Timer, which says 'Unfortunately C2DM has stopped' and I also seem to get that message occasionally on Scribd too. Don't have a clue what that means.

Scribd probably take at least 20 seconds to load a book that has been downloaded to the device. The same book takes about 3 seconds to load on my iPad so that is a big difference.

I so want this Android stuff to work as my son needs a new phone and I want to give him my Z10 and get an unlocked Z30.
    01-29-14 03:40 AM
    the installation process is slick (using Snap).

However most android apps I've loaded are sluggish (even after the initial load). E.g.Myfitnesspal, Vancity, Wunderlist

Also Songza (which I downloaded from BB World) shows the same sluggishness
    Netflix is amazingly smooth though?

thoughts?
    01-31-14 01:08 PM
    I was extremely excited as well, but have since gone back to my android device. 10.2.1 was a great step forward, but the android apps just don't run as smooth on the bb as they do on a native android device.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Chrisy and FishTire like this.
    02-01-14 07:07 AM
    I can not confirm these comments, at least on z30, I have not a single lag both on apk and ports from BlackBerry world in comparison to s3.

However I am not an app junkie, just amazon, candy crush, Skype and stuff like that.

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.1925 powered cb10
    02-01-14 07:17 AM
    I get that C2DM message once on a while too

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 07:20 AM
    No lag on my end, but I did realize that apps installed with Snap do run a lot better than those I installed from Amazon Appstore.
    Plus I have need for speed most wanted installed and that game runs buttery smooth.

Try rebooting your device, that way you can reset the runtime because after the installation of multiple apps things can get a bit slowish.

Z30 : No more peasants battery life
    02-01-14 07:24 AM
    I deleted Vine. It was so slow I'd could take a nap while waiting

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 07:25 AM
    I do know that amazon has an android service that runs in the background to protect their drm(ie paid) apps, or at least it used to. If it's true that applications from snap run smoother, that any be why.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 07:46 AM
    My android app on my z30 runs as smooth as the apps on my galaxy tab2

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 08:18 AM
    I have installed Vine from amazon and it runs very very slowly, also crashes. Is there anything I can do?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 08:45 AM
    Yep and that's why we're keen on Built-for-BB ones.
    Chrisy and angieberry10 like this.
    02-01-14 08:51 AM
    I have many apk apps and games and most of them work very well and so smooth!!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:01 AM
    All of my installed APKs are resonably fast and very usable except for SwingByte 2. The lag between key presses is extremely slow. This is measured in tens of seconds. Also, the font doesn't scale according to the screen size. If you have a different experience, I should probably do a factory reset and try again.
    02-01-14 10:06 AM
    My android banking apps run quicker than on a samsung S4.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 10:14 AM
    Some apps run faster on my Q10 then my nexus 7 tab and my buddies S4.

First load is always slow, sometimes even first load after restart. After that the loading times of most of the apps I've tried are the same. Within the app it's normally the same quickness. All features work even the bluetooth addon for the apps.
    For Example: Look at how slow instagram pictures load on an android vs Blackberry on your feed

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 10:25 AM
    Depends on the size and complexity of the app for me as to how slow and how tolerable.

Of course they are all slower than native BlackBerry 10 apps.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    02-01-14 10:33 AM
    All the android apps I use work great. They seem to be as fast as when I compare with an S4.. so definitely do not have the same experience as the OP

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 08:26 PM
    Android apps on bb10 are slow compared to how they run on android. Anyone saying bb10 is better android than android hasn't really used android. Unless we see big time hardware upgrades it will remain that way.
    Chrisy and FishTire like this.
    02-02-14 10:25 PM
    Sounds to me those with z30 have no complaints. I have a z10 and definitely a lag. I've used the snap client and rebooted my device. Still same thing.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:15 PM
    Have the same thing as the op. Sometimes they are very slow, but too slow overall I think. When clicking something, it takes 1-3 seconds sometimes until it loads up, sometimes even longer But they are working ok.
    I do a security wipe in the moment and will reinstall apps. See is there is a difference.
    02-03-14 07:52 AM
    Most of my Android App take longer to load, but once loaded they seem to respond well.

That said I agree with katiepea, those that want to state "better Android than Android" are only fooling themselves (and maybe a few others that are thinking about buying a BB10 device). There are a number of Android Apps that do not work at all on BB10, and the limits on in App purchases is a really problem for many of the kids game. But my biggest concern is right now this isn't an officially sales feature - what happens if they lock the runtime again like they were in many of the 10.1 leaks? Either BlackBerry makes a deal with Google, or at some point Google forces them to change how the runtime is being used. It is great we can do it right now... but it isn't a sales feature until BlackBerry says it is.
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-03-14 08:57 AM
    From why I been reading all the apps in the Amazon app store are not up to date. So therefore, may not run as smoothly. If your into side loading get Snap v2.0 asap. Direct download from the Google Play store. All apps are up to date there.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:06 AM
50 12