The battery life is more a headache for me compared to its bad compatibility with .apks, because my Classic has never provided enough power for NORMAL use in a day. Subsequently, I observed its power consumption for 2 nights in a row, and I find it runs out around 60% battery instead of 30% I once mentioned (on Wednesday night, 100%-->39% and on Thursday night, 63%-->6%, pillow mode is on) in less than 7 hours. What's wrong with BB power management?
    07-09-15 06:22 PM
    The battery life is more a headache for me compared to its bad compatibility with .apks, because my Classic has never provided enough power for NORMAL use in a day. Subsequently, I observed its power consumption for 2 nights in a row, and I find it runs out around 60% battery instead of 30% I once mentioned (on Wednesday night, 100%-->39% and on Thursday night, 63%-->6%, pillow mode is on) in less than 7 hours. What's wrong with BB power management?
    What's normal use exactly? You do realize what one considers normal is subjective. Normal for you could be quite different for me. Anyway, why not check the Device Monitor and see what was using your battery during those times? Just saying it's using power doesn't say anything. You could have high PIM because of setting your email sync intervals too short for example. I don't know if you even want help the way you wrote this, but I figured I would get you started. Only because your issue doesn't sound "normal" if the phone is just sitting there. Also, if you're going to use Bedside Mode then plug it in. The screen stays on which equals higher energy draw. It doesn't hurt your phone to leave it plugged in and wouldn't it be better to start every day at 100%?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-09-15 07:08 PM
    Have you tried to just reboot the phone?
    07-09-15 07:34 PM
    Weird, my phone doesn't do that at all. And can't find pillow mode anywhere. Is that like a 3rd party Android app?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-09-15 07:44 PM
    If you have apks, then you have tasks running without you knowing. So, hardly surprising the battery got drained. This is an Android feature.
    07-09-15 08:39 PM
    Weird, my phone doesn't do that at all. And can't find pillow mode anywhere. Is that like a 3rd party Android app?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    He's talking about bedside mode.

Op, like someone else stated before, go into device manager and look at what is taking up all that juice. Post a screen shot if you can too, that could help us help you.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:55 PM
    Have you tried to just reboot the phone?
    I reboot my phone when I feel it slows down or freezes frequently in opening an .apk, like once in 3 days or so. However, I don't reboot it intentionally before I go to bed.
    07-11-15 09:51 PM
    What's normal use exactly? You do realize what one considers normal is subjective. Normal for you could be quite different for me. Anyway, why not check the Device Monitor and see what was using your battery during those times? Just saying it's using power doesn't say anything. You could have high PIM because of setting your email sync intervals too short for example. I don't know if you even want help the way you wrote this, but I figured I would get you started. Only because your issue doesn't sound "normal" if the phone is just sitting there. Also, if you're going to use Bedside Mode then plug it in. The screen stays on which equals higher energy draw. It doesn't hurt your phone to leave it plugged in and wouldn't it be better to start every day at 100%?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    I'm not using email services because the charge is expensive here. What I described in the thread is just power drain in night where my phone is sitting there, sometimes with bedside mode on.

I agree wording NORMAL is subjective between persons, at my side I'm talking about 5-6 calls at one or two minutes each plus half an hour or so internet surfing (I always close the related apps when I'm done). This explains why I feel very strange when both phones (same with Classic and Z3) can't stand up to a whole day (I get up at 06:00 and generally the 100% battery gets drained at around 13:00). Seems I really need to spend some time studying the Device Monitor as you suggested to see what was using the battery, no matter in daytime or in the night.
    07-11-15 10:41 PM
    Delete all your Android apps. Worsening battery life as you install an increasing number of android apps on a native Droid is a know problem because of the degree to which they phone home with your personal information.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 07:12 AM
    ...because of the degree to which they phone home with your personal information...
    Do you mind to elaborate, show an example maybe?
    07-12-15 07:19 AM
    Delete all your Android apps. Worsening battery life as you install an increasing number of android apps on a native Droid is a know problem because of the degree to which they phone home with your personal information.

Posted via CB10
    I had similar doubts, but you know it's impossible to delete all Android apps., since BlackBerry doesn't have enough native apps.. Don't mention updates on BlackBerry often come very late even if the native ones are available.

Frankly speaking, I haven't had much good experience using BB10 OS devices after my 9700 because the performance is really awful, and sometimes I even suffered lags in making or receiving a call, on which I'm guessing it may result from the outdated hardware configurations.

I‘m considering shifting to an Android device (I have good choices getting a powerful Android phone at a much lower price, from the mentioned experience I can't even expect the reported Venice would be a surprise). Anyway, for all of us, we should choose a phone that suits our need best but a phone we have to soothe it always as a crying baby.
    07-16-15 05:34 AM
    Yeah, you really need to look at the device monitor to understand what is happening. Too many factors that point to something you have setup, installed, running in the background, cloud sync etc.

Ex: just shutting off my wifi while I'm at work on construction sites all day, makes my Z10 battery last far longer into the evening.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 10:02 PM
    Go android all the way man. If you can't live without android apps why bother with BlackBerry?
    07-16-15 10:42 PM
    Yeah, you really need to look at the device monitor to understand what is happening. Too many factors that point to something you have setup, installed, running in the background, cloud sync etc.

Ex: just shutting off my wifi while I'm at work on construction sites all day, makes my Z10 battery last far longer into the evening.

Posted via CB10
    Below are snapshots I get after rebooting my devices (the figures demonstrate app. power consumption from the biggest on). I'm still puzzled how an idled device drains around 60% battery in a night. May I have your voices here?

Classic soon after reboot
    Android apps causing exessive battery drain?-classic-soon-after-reboot.png

Classic at idle
    Android apps causing exessive battery drain?-classic-idle.png

Z3 at idle
    Android apps causing exessive battery drain?-z3-idle.png
    07-18-15 09:45 AM
    Go android all the way man. If you can't live without android apps why bother with BlackBerry?
    I'm quite impressed by performance and battery life (last for 3~4 days with one charge, when I don't run an app.) of my 9700, which I kept using for around 4 years till something went wrong. I assume the BB10 device wouldn't be worse as the operating system was said to be greater upgrade.
    07-18-15 10:00 AM
    I can tell you one thing without a doubt. Unless you get rid of all the Android apps you showed up on those screen captures, you won't get any decent battery life.
    If you can't live without them at least add them one by one. See which one has the greatest impact on battery. Then decide what's more important to you. Having apps or good battery life.
    I would recommend install Basa app for monitoring battery life. That way it will be much easier to see what's going on.
    awindsr likes this.
    07-18-15 10:48 AM
    Go through your app permissions and shut off any "run in the background " apps you don't need to be doing that. Use run when minimized.
    High battery drain for no gain. All apps in live tiles draw more on the battery. Weak wifi, weak cell signal, having LTE on instead of 4g 3g or 2g or just poor cell reception, period. Or just go Android and watch the same thing happen on that phone also. Switching phones, when it is not the phone, isn't going for solve your problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 12:53 PM
    Also you could install Android Settings if you haven't already and from there you can force close all android apps sos that they aren't ducking up battery when they aren't in use. In addition to that get the Android app called Task Manager.
    07-07-17 09:14 PM
    I can tell you one thing without a doubt. Unless you get rid of all the Android apps you showed up on those screen captures, you won't get any decent battery life.
    If you can't live without them at least add them one by one. See which one has the greatest impact on battery. Then decide what's more important to you. Having apps or good battery life.
    I would recommend install Basa app for monitoring battery life. That way it will be much easier to see what's going on.
    Android management apps and memory management is ****, and in a real android devices can be even worse.

But also there are android app, which enable to kill these resource eater apps, remove autostarts permissions etc...

Someone with knowledge should write a best practices doc about keeping the control of apps, and increade the performance

Posted via CB10
    07-23-17 04:23 AM
    Also you could install Android Settings if you haven't already and from there you can force close all android apps sos that they aren't ducking up battery when they aren't in use. In addition to that get the Android app called Task Manager.
    I just find that and app that has been removed two weeks ago is still there and eating resources. Do you have more specific information about Task Manager and Android Settings. I can get them from Google play and use apk extractor.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-23-17 12:05 PM
    Use Cobalt's "Mobile Network" app (apk) to remove android apps, the BBOS method doesn't work on them. It just delete them from homescreen.
    I always reboot the device after any removal and wait 15 min to let Android starts properly.
    Then, install the apps again and disable the options: "Run when minimized" and "Run in background"
    Hope it works for you.
    Just for the record, i have a Q10 and i frequently use android apps like instagram, whatsapp and skype and don't have an huge battery drain. Just a litle more than without those apps. In the end of the day i always have about 30% of battery left with light use.
    07-23-17 02:15 PM
    Because Blackberry has a few android devices of it own, albeit indirectly through licencing deals.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 02:19 PM
    Use Cobalt's "Mobile Network" app (apk) to remove android apps, the BBOS method doesn't work on them. It just delete them from homescreen.
    I always reboot the device after any removal and wait 15 min to let Android starts properly.
    Then, install the apps again and disable the options: "Run when minimized" and "Run in background"
    Hope it works for you.
    Just for the record, i have a Q10 and i frequently use android apps like instagram, whatsapp and skype and don't have an huge battery drain. Just a litle more than without those apps. In the end of the day i always have about 30% of battery left with light use.
    any chance you can link me to that mobile network app? I'm searching but there's pages and pages of results
    07-25-17 09:02 AM
    07-25-17 11:02 AM