I am not in any way technically savvy, so forgive my ignorance. I've installed amazon appstore and installed MyFitnessPal through the store. The app store is quick and responsive and so is my banking app which I believe is an android port in BlackBerry world - but MFP is painfully slow and laggy.

Why do some 'droid apps work flawlessly and others are like ****? Surely it's the same run-time?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 12:56 PM
    Some run happy, and some don't. sometimes you can find an earlier build/version to try. BUT, it is a lot better than it was.
    08-27-14 01:09 PM
    Is it assumed that 10.3 and it's newer runtime will alleviate some of the inconsistency or is it just how it's gonna be?

Considering picking up a cheap Kindle Fire HD or a newer Nexus 7 for casual browsing at home and to use the odd app I miss on BB. Can't beat BlackBerry for what it does well (phone, MESSAGING, email, the HUB, even the camera is nice, pocketability and one-handed use on the Q10, nice industrial design and I like the official accessories, especially the leather pouch). Just miss a bigger screen for casual Web browsing and some apps.

Glad to be back to BlackBerry, already prefer the Q10 to the Z10

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 01:19 PM