I am running the 1055 build on my Verizon Z10.
    I installed the Chase Bank application from the Amazon App Store. Now while that worked for some time, it started giving me issues, and my intent was to remove it and re-install the application from the 1mobile Market.

So in typical BB fashion, Press and Hold the icon, then tap the "trash can" icon to remove the application.
    Next I launch the 1mobile Market from the device, locate the Chase Bank app. Oddly enough it doesn't give me the option to install it, only an option to "Open" or "Uninstall". Clicking on the "Open" button does nothing. Clicking on the "Uninstall" button closes 1mobile and that's it.
    Second method - I use my PC to navigate to the 1mobile Market page and download the APK file directly, move it to Z10 device and attempt to install it. ERROR: A Newer Version Of The Applications Is Already Installed
    Third method - Open the Amazon App Store and attempt to install, same result as 1mobile Market.

Nowhere on my device do I see the application listed. It's not in Application Permissions, its not listed among my applications anywhere, it's not listed in Device Monitor anywhere. Yet any install method tells me the applications is already installed so I cannot install it again.

And yes - I did restart the device by doing a simple "Restart" off the lock screen, a full "Power Off" from the countdown, and a third time using the old-fashion-but-true "Battery Pull" method.

As this is related to just a single example using the Chase Bank application, I can see this happening to other APK file installs.
    Someone help me out over here.....
    shivaji likes this.
    12-04-13 10:41 AM
    Try holding down the power button for 30 seconds

After that 30 seconds let it restart normally

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 10:45 AM
    You need to up install android apps for now from app manager/device monitor/storage that's where you uninstall the app permanently also to reboot phone don't do battery pull press at the same time the volume up and down buttons till you get the blue logo screen. (it may be 30seconds or so)

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 11:00 AM
    how to permanently uninstall android apps:
    go to BBW, look up ghost commander. its free. install that and then run it. swipe from right to left. click on application management. find chase, tap+hold and click manage. when the android app properties page comes up, select uninstall. THEN going back to the icon in your home screen, tap+hold and hit the trash can to uninstall the icon.
    ***PRESS VOL+ and VOL- and HOLD until your device reboots. (this is the hard reboot method)

once your device is done loading, the chase app should disappear for good. NOW you can go ahead and download the APK from wherever
    12-04-13 11:04 AM
    how to permanently uninstall android apps:
    go to BBW, look up ghost commander. its free. install that and then run it. swipe from right to left. click on application management. find chase, tap+hold and click manage.
    i downloaded the recommended application above - and Chase does not appear anywhere on that list of applications.

any other thoughts?
    12-04-13 02:17 PM
    So it's already removed then? If I Were you right now I would install a copy of chase. From anywhere. then do a hard reboot. THEN start my outlined uninstall process. Delete the apk as well. Reboot again, and when you are loaded up and it's totally gone, download a new apk from 1mobile and install.

Posted via CB10 on Q10:10.2.1.1055
    12-04-13 05:05 PM
    Ok, I forgive you on not actually reading the initial post I made.
    I am not able to install the application from any marketplace, or from the APK file directly on the device.
    This was my original question.

Now if you know a way to install an APK file outside of either online marketplace, or other than a local APK file on the device, I am all ears.
    12-05-13 08:01 AM
    Did u try whtt I said?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 08:33 AM
    Did u try whtt I said?

Posted via CB10
    yes i did that already. still doesnt work.
    12-05-13 08:54 AM
    If you're having problems with removing an Android app it is probably because it is one of the ones that is locking up your accounts, and is holding a lock that prevents the uninstall from completing. Because BB10 journals the operation if the uninstall does not complete cleanly EVERYTHING that was originally there still is -- including the app itself. Note that if you delete THREE apps and the first one is locking contacts the other two won't delete either, because the catalog can't update.

If this is the case delete the app, restart, and you will find it (or all of them you tried to kill) is/are still there. If that happens to you then delete it again after restarting but BEFORE starting any Android apps or accessing the accounts page, and it should delete itself cleanly.
    Last edited by tickerguy; 12-05-13 at 02:18 PM.
    12-05-13 10:44 AM
    I am running the 1055 build on my Verizon Z10.
    I installed the Chase Bank application from the Amazon App Store. Now while that worked for some time, it started giving me issues, and my intent was to remove it and re-install the application from the 1mobile Market.

[snip]
    and now,
    Ok, I forgive you on not actually reading the initial post I made.
    I am not able to install the application from any marketplace
    , or from the APK file directly on the device.
    This was my original question.
    and you accuse me of not reading your post. sorry but i am done trying to be kind and help you with ideas.
    12-05-13 11:54 AM
    yes i will accuse you of not reading the post.
    the very next two lines from where you stopped quoting state that i DELETED THE APPLICATION!!!!!!
    the next few lines are the steps that i already took to troubleshoot the issue, once again - stating that the re-installation of the application from any source DID NOT WORK!

now, go back like a good person - READ THE ENTIRE POST and come back
    12-05-13 01:39 PM