Can't wait! Thanks for info, Shao.
    05-16-13 05:00 PM
    Awesome !

I bought an Android 4.2 phone directly.
    LOL.
    05-16-13 06:35 PM
    Android is open-source (parts of it anyway), so I don't think they can do anything about it.
    Yep, this was the goal of Android. Release as open source then let manufacturers take it and make use of it for free with the idea that the ecosystem would organically grow (use of play store, ad revenue, etc). It is possible that Google will change the license someday, but hopefully the BlackBerry ecosystem will already have a solid foundation of native non-android apps.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.1762)
    05-16-13 07:07 PM
    I don't think bbry just slapped android port they needed it permission from google before anything.
    05-16-13 07:22 PM
    Is your wife always that aggressive towards you?

BTW thanks Shao for the info! Can't wait for the release so we could port more apps over to BB10

Yep. The 4.2 user interface is a mess. Wife wanted to punch me after I updated her nexus. I think the manufacturers are hoping for Google to fix the issues in 4.3 before they release anything newer.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.1762)

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    05-16-13 07:29 PM
    I don't think bbry just slapped android port they needed it permission from google before anything.
    I don't think they did.
    05-16-13 07:31 PM
    No permission from Google required.
    They just can't use the Google services (like Play Store).
    05-16-13 09:15 PM
    Oh no you got owned. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:16 PM
    This may be a stupid question but I'm a bit confused on the matter.
    A few monthes ago when talk of 4.1 coming to blackberry, I got all excited about the newest apps being able to be side loaded over. I then read (somewhere on CB) that some apps won't be able to be side loaded over because of the specific coding not being able to be used on blackberry. I think the example was Temple Run. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:38 PM
    Get this up and running and sell like hell!!
    05-16-13 10:35 PM
    Thx for the heads-up Shao!

But now I'm wondering; 10.2 gets android runtime update, meaning BB10 OS gets updated..by updating another OS platform within itself, sort of inception. Of course there will be a dozen of (un)announced tweaks to the BB10 environment itself but it raises a question within me:

How well perfected / optimized is the BB10 core itself right now and is there any performance to gain?

As Heins stated: "BBRY is not in the hardware race". It does make one wonder when we will see BB10 for the playbook and what the minimum hardware requirements will be down the line if they stay in the business, let's say 2014 / early 2015 models. I know it's a long time away from now,
    but tech businesses like BBRY are always working in the future, not the exact present. I think I read somewhere that Android OS 2 and 4 brought along a lot of core optimizations making it run better than ever. Makes me wonder / dream about 1 year from now, meaning like 4 more quarters...
    bringing us to 10.5/6 if they can keep this pace up (which I think they can't cause they should send the software team on a well deserved short vacation).
    05-17-13 01:48 AM
61 123