So Amazon finally has made its instant video collection available from its App.

One problem for us BlackBerry users. It won't let us play any videos.

This is the second kick in the face since the Amazon Music App still does not let us download songs for offline play.

If Amazon won't make its own Apps work with BlackBerry, what kind of deal had BlackBerry struck?

This is disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 06:46 AM
    Amazon music and movies was in place before the BB deal, no?
    Maybe they will make a compatible player soon. Are you really surprised? I can't watch live streaming in NFL mobile either...and VZW makes the damn app.
    09-09-14 06:49 AM
    As far as I know, there is currently no way to buy or rent video on BlackBerry. Is there?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:06 AM
    This isn't actually supposed to be available yet.. not for another month or so.. they still have time to fix it before it's actually released.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:13 AM
    Cool they've decided to make an app. Too bad it doesn't work. (yet)

YES YOU CAN use the BlackBerry browsers (PlayBook included). Works on desktop mode. Also go to settings on the Amazon website go to the section on the pic below and select adobe flash player.

Enjoy.

Amazon Instant Video-img_20140906_173516.png

Posted via CB10, on Z30-5, from the USA. Land of the Free, Home of the Brave.
    09-09-14 07:14 AM
    Amazon music and movies was in place before the BB deal, no?
    Maybe they will make a compatible player soon. Are you really surprised? I can't watch live streaming in NFL mobile either...and VZW makes the damn app.
    You need to subscribe and first connect OTA (not wifi) before starting the app.
    09-09-14 10:26 AM
    PS - What app shows Amazon instant video?
    09-09-14 10:30 AM
    It's in the general Amazon App.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 10:51 AM
    You need to subscribe and first connect OTA (not wifi) before starting the app.
    You know, when you describe it like that, it makes perfect sense. Inconvenient, and the furthest thing from intuitive, but I can see why Verizon would do that.

On topic, I'm not holding my breath on anything offered by Amazon for BlackBerry. Chen might be able to crack more heads than previous mgmt but BlackBerry just doesn't garner the same respect from other companies that it used to.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 11:29 AM
    AC has posted today the following - I am dying to try it on my Z30 - which I left sitting on my desk at home...

Amazon update brings Prime Instant Video streaming | Android Central
    09-09-14 11:38 AM
    Amazon Prime Music DOES let you download for offline play, but the files are in m4a format and aren't playable in the music player.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 11:43 AM
    AC has posted today the following - I am dying to try it on my Z30 - which I left sitting on my desk at home...

Amazon update brings Prime Instant Video streaming | Android Central
    Um. The point of this thread is it doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 12:24 PM
    Amazon Prime Music DOES let you download for offline play, but the files are in m4a format and aren't playable in the music player.

Posted via CB10
    Trying to play a downloaded prime song causes the app to lock up. Why would the Amazon app not have the right codec?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 12:26 PM
    The whole Amazon deal was ill conceived, poorly negotiated and terribly constructed. Amazon gets millions of new BB subscribers with the App right on their phones and BB does not insist on any native amazon apps. Not the Amazon App Store, not, the MP3 app which is not even available in BB World, nothing.
    09-09-14 12:53 PM
    The whole Amazon deal was ill conceived, poorly negotiated and terribly constructed. Amazon gets millions of new BB subscribers with the App right on their phones and BB does not insist on any native amazon apps. Not the Amazon App Store, not, the MP3 app which is not even available in BB World, nothing.
    To be fair to BBRY, in my estimation, Amazon always had the upper hand in this. As such, I think BBRY negotiated what it was able to.

It's conjecture on my part, but with Google seemingly sewing up access to the Play Store, the Amazon Play is/was all that is/was left. Amazon really has all the balls in play, and knows it.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-09-14 01:36 PM
    To be fair to BBRY, in my estimation, Amazon always had the upper hand in this. As such, I think BBRY negotiated what it was able to.

It's conjecture on my part, but with Google seemingly sewing up access to the Play Store, the Amazon Play is/was all that is/was left. Amazon really has all the balls in play, and knows it.
    Not at all. First the OneMobile App store was available to negotiate with as well, Amazon gets all the benefit here and cost to them is zero. Now, if within the next 2 months Amazon releases a native BB10 app in BBW or even on the Amazon site, I will absolutely change my mind, BUT - keep in mind, this is a pre-installed app to supplement BBWorld on every BB10 phone. Not too many of those that are not native. Imagine Google Maps on every BB10 phone to supplement BB maps, and its also full on Android. If the Amazon catalog of Apps were available in native cascades, it would have benefited BB and its users immensly. But it would have helped Amazon too. They are trying to build out their own little Amazon infrastructure with Prime (music, movies, apps etc). If the Apps all had a smooth native feel to it, many many more BB users would wind up firmly embedded in that ecosystem as part of their BB10 experience.
    09-09-14 02:05 PM
    Not at all. First the OneMobile App store was available to negotiate with as well, Amazon gets all the benefit here and cost to them is zero. Now, if within the next 2 months Amazon releases a native BB10 app in BBW or even on the Amazon site, I will absolutely change my mind, BUT - keep in mind, this is a pre-installed app to supplement BBWorld on every BB10 phone. Not too many of those that are not native. Imagine Google Maps on every BB10 phone to supplement BB maps, and its also full on Android. If the Amazon catalog of Apps were available in native cascades, it would have benefited BB and its users immensly. But it would have helped Amazon too. They are trying to build out their own little Amazon infrastructure with Prime (music, movies, apps etc). If the Apps all had a smooth native feel to it, many many more BB users would wind up firmly embedded in that ecosystem as part of their BB10 experience.
    If you go back to the PlayBook, and remember the rumors even then that the 2 companies might see the chance to work together, this has been so very apparent, that I still sit in awe that the 2 companies just don't seem to be able to get it done.

Why wouldn't Amazon want to lock in BB10 users who have really no where else to go?
    09-09-14 02:28 PM
    Too bad I didn't see this thread before I got all excited and tried to install everything. Frustrating.
    09-09-14 08:11 PM
    FYI. In case anyone wants to play with it - http://forums.crackberry.com/android...eo-apk-957992/
    Hlao-roo likes this.
    09-09-14 11:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    But I'm able to play an m4a file that I downloaded from 7digital.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 12:58 PM
    Seemingly doesn't work on Android tabs unless one is able sideload the Amazon app for phones (not the tablet version).
    09-10-14 01:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've downloaded an entire album off Amazon Prime Music and it plays just fine w/the stock music player.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 06:22 PM
    I've downloaded an entire album off Amazon Prime Music and it plays just fine w/the stock music player.

Posted via CB10
    My downloads never go through. It says they're queued but it never downloads a song. I've waited for a long time and no progress bar or anything on any of the songs.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 12:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Really? The files won't show up in my music player. Maybe because I'm running a 10.3 leak? Idk, I'm going to see if there are any settings I can fiddle with.
    09-13-14 02:29 PM