I don't have a Passport, I have a Z30, and a Fire stick. I tried Miracast, it shows up on the FireTV as connecting, but never does. I also downloaded the Fire Remote Android app. It launches fine, but never finds the Fire, on the same wifi network.
    Exactly my experience. You would think that Amazon could have tested a few BlackBerry phones?

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling likes this.
    12-03-14 10:37 AM
    It's not as simple as that.

When testing Fire TV, Amazon never thought to make sure it would work with BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    The fact that Amazon didn't may hint at the fact that it doesn't need to.

As noted, this "partnership" can't be what we'd hope it is.
    12-03-14 10:39 AM
    Partnership:

BlackBerry said, "Can we include your icon in our app tray?"

Amazon said, "Yea, I guess."

Z30 STA 100-2
    Qaddafi, jem9777 and HotFix like this.
    12-03-14 11:49 AM
    For what it's worth, I'm running 10.3.1.1151 on a Z30 and Prime Instant Videos seem to stream fine in the Amazon Instant Video App, and "Device", "Cloud", and "Downloaded" music all seems to play fine in the Amazon Music app. So maybe they are actually getting them working, if you can wait for 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    12-03-14 12:06 PM
    Partnership:

BlackBerry said, "Can we include your icon in our app tray?"

Amazon said, "Yea, I guess."

Z30 STA 100-2
    Yeah, I think it was pretty much this, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 12:34 PM
    Give them time, they just got started. Eventually BlackBerry with Amazon will the the best smartphone platform available.
    12-03-14 03:10 PM
    BlackBerry's partnership with Amazon sounds nice in theory but in reality, Amazon isn't doing anything to make sure BlackBerry users have access to the complete Amazon ecosystem:

1. Amazon Music: Playing a downloaded Prime song crashes the App every time.

Mine works fine on 10.3.1

2. Amazon Fire TV Stick: Miracast does not connect with a BlackBerry. The App cannot see the Fire TV Stick and thus is useless.

Mine works fine. Tested it the other night, have two fire sticks. Sees both.

3. Prime Video: Still not supported although some have it working on 10.3.1.

Yup, working here.

4. Many apps are unavailable on Passport even though they work. There is a thread about this in the Passport forum.

Some of it is compatibility testing, some of it is developers not making their apps available. Can't force em.

So, what does BlackBerry get by preloading the Amazon's appstore on BlackBerry devices? At best, we get partial access to an ecosystem. Important things don't work or are unavailable. This is unacceptable.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more discussion about this.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 03:29 PM
    Bla1ze, which OS?

I'm on 10.3.1.1154.

Can you really download a Prime Music song and play it (not a purchased song, a prime song)?

Does Miracast really work with Fire TV Stick?

You are the only one who has reported that it works.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 05:59 PM
    Bla1ze, which OS?

I'm on 10.3.1.1154.

Can you really download a Prime Music song and play it (not a purchased song, a prime song)?

Posted via CB10
    I don't have Fire TV Stick, but I can download and play Prime Music songs.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 06:12 PM
    Bla1ze, which OS?

I'm on 10.3.1.1154.

Posted via CB10
    Official OS / 10.3.0.1418

Prime Music works fine - Downloads, playback, purchases, all of it.

Amazon is a Horrible Partner-img_20141203_172859.jpg

Miracast.. Yup. It is finicky though, it seems to like videos captured ON the device over say a downloaded video.

Amazon is a Horrible Partner-img_20141203_172042.jpgAmazon is a Horrible Partner-img_20141203_172310.jpg
    rampagingpanda and shupor like this.
    12-03-14 06:31 PM
    Hmm.

I haven't ever been able to play Prime Music or connect with Miracast through Fire TV.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 06:59 PM
    funny how things turn at times
    12-03-14 08:35 PM
    Bla1ze, that pic shows that the Prime song was only added to the cloud.

That means that you are streaming. That works.

What you can't do is download a Prime song and then play it. That always crashes the App.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 04:45 AM
    Lawguyman, can you show a screen shot of what you are trying to do, or at least list the exact steps? When I am in the "Prime Music" section of the Amazon Music app, I see Add To Library, but I don't see Download.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:17 AM
    Lawguyman, can you show a screen shot of what you are trying to do, or at least list the exact steps? When I am in the "Prime Music" section of the Amazon Music app, I see Add To Library, but I don't see Download.

Posted via CB10
    Once you add a Prime song to your library, there is an arrow to download the song for offline play. See the arrow under the Tom Petty pic.

Amazon is a Horrible Partner-img_20141204_062548.png

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:26 AM
    I see, thanks. I tried it and can confirm same problem.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:33 AM
    In regards to the second point, can someone confirm that a BlackBerry doesn't work with Amazon Fire TV? I'm trying to decide between that and the Roku 3 which I've heard works with BlackBerry Miracast. I prefer the Fire UI to the Roku UI but would go with the Roku 3 if I can't Miracast to the Fire.

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    I have a FireTV and the Miracast does not work and the Android App to control the TV doesn't work. I'm hoping that they get it fixed soon in an update. The FireTV itself is great and way more powerful than the competition.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 08:10 PM
    I have a firetv stick and when I start screenshare on both my passport and the firetv they see each other and state that mirroring is starting soon but never does. I thought I was doing something wrong but it looks like many are having the same issue. I'm a bit surprised blaze1 said it works since I couldn't find a single person over the Web who could get it to work. Blaze's screen captures don't show anything beyond the screen that I'm stuck at either. I wonder if he could show us how he goes further from there on.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 07:01 AM
    Roku miracast works, if that means anything.

I was surprised that Bla1ze said Miracast works on Fire TV too.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 07:06 AM
    I have a Q10 (SQN100-2) running10.2.1.2976 on Verizon. I cannot get it to see or connect (via Miracast) with my new Amazon Fire TV Stick. Both are actively connected to my home Wi-Fi network using a Comcast wireless router. I downloaded and installed the Amazon Fire TV Android app through the Amazon Appstore, and it launches, but doesn't see or connect to the Fire TV Stick either. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by C-S-R; 12-12-14 at 08:45 AM.
    12-11-14 08:54 PM
    I have a Q10 (SQN100-2) running10.2.1.2976 on Verizon. I cannot get it to see or connect (via Miracast) with my new Amazon Fire TV Stick. Both are actively connected to my home Wi-Fi network using a Comcast wireless router. I downloaded and installed the Amazon Fire TV Android app through the Amazon Appstore, and it launches, but doesn't see or connect to the Fire TV Stick either. Any suggestions?
    You are in the same boat as everyone else, unfortunately.

I gave Fire TV a bad review because of it.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 01:02 PM
    Ok yes not everything works, but loads does.

Personally it doesn't do me any harm to have more choice.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 03:29 PM
47 12