Has anyone got this to work?

I'm trying with Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.3247 and my device says it's connected.

The Fire Stick TV gets stuck on "Display Mirroring is Starting Soon". Below that it says Preparing to mirror the display from BlackBerry-Q10 to your Fire TV stick.

But it never does.

I'm connecting through Wifi Direct. Although it says it's Miracast it doesn't show up as a device.

Any one been able to successfully connect?

Posted via CB10
    BruceFlea478 likes this.
    12-12-14 10:28 PM
    Subscribed. I'd like to know the answer.

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    12-12-14 10:42 PM
    Doesn't work for me either which is bull**** because they claim it's just straight miracast

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 11:19 PM
    It doesn't even work for Windows 8.1 tablets or pc, it doesn't work with BlackBerry Passport, it does work with a Galaxy S4 and sort of works with an HTC ONE M7, maybe with software updates it'll do better
    12-13-14 12:37 AM
    Glad to know it doesn't work with Windows. Maybe if they support that it'll work with BlackBerry as well. Here's to hoping.

Miracast on the Q10 doesn't even see it. Only Wifi Direct does. But that doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 01:15 AM
    Bla1ze said he got it to work.

I did not.

I called Amazon this morning. Tech support said it only works on Android devices.

They had no information on whether that might change in the future.

How can it be Miracast certified if this is true?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 12:59 PM
    I wonder if this a hardware or software problem?
    12-14-14 08:22 PM
    I can verify that my BlackBerry Passport does not work with Amazon Fire.

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    12-26-14 10:43 PM
    No Fire TV update yet. It's still not working with my Z30 and it's March 11, 2015.
    03-11-15 01:31 PM
    Same issue. Any updates?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 06:04 PM
    Not the direct mirroring but I bought an Amazon Stick and tried with the trial version of AllCast downloaded on Amazon stick (with the android app on my Passport): it works very well.
    Direct mirroring doesn't connect.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BroncoVAL; 04-08-15 at 06:42 PM.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    04-08-15 06:24 PM
    I, literally, just set up my new Amazon Fire Stick and was excited to be able to utilize Miracast from my Z30.....

WILL NOT WORK......

Glad to hear others have struggled with this....thought I was "doin' it wrong"

Yet another disappointment....amazing to hear that Passport owners aren't having any luck with the "lastest BB 10 OS"....I'm using 10.3.908

Oh, and don't bother downloading the Amazon Fire TV app to use your BlackBerry as a remote.....WILL NOT WORK...

All this aside....Amazon Fire Stick ROCKS....Plug it in HDMI on your TV and "Netflix", "Amazon Prime Movies" etc are terrific in 1080 HD...."Miami Vice" circa 1988 still a bit of a sketchy picture...
    04-24-15 05:28 PM
    +1 for not working. I thought it wasn't working because the firetv has to be on wifi (may or may not be true) but I also tried on my firetv and it still didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 05:54 PM
    Shame if doesn't work. Is this an implementation issue on Amazon side I wonder. I have a Sony smart tv and Miracast works great with it. Even video shows fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 03:39 AM
    I was disappointed to see it didn't work on a Q10. The Fire Stick itself, and the apps / OS are the slickest consumer experience out of the box that I can remember.
    04-25-15 05:24 AM
    I got two sticks yesterday for both my TVs. It seems the app does not find the sticks in WLAN network.

This is one of the rare moments when I have to rely on my Note 3. Hope this problem will be solved soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 05:51 AM
    Fire TV Stick does not work with BlackBerry devices. They even connect with Miracast but won't stream. The Fire Stick Screen Mirroring works with Android devices only. Otherwise, the Fire TV Stick is a great device.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 01:03 PM
    It seems these days we have 'Standards' such as Miracast, that aren't actually standards.

I was thrilled that my Firestick had Miracast only to discover it does, but it doesn't work for me and my Passport.

So, who is to blame. Is it Blackberry's implementation of Miracast or is it Amazon trying to ring fence their ecosystem.

Personally, I'd go for the latter, as in theory, Miracast has nothing to do with Windows, Android, iOS or BB10, it is just an agreed standard. As such, surely there should be some rules to say that people can only say something is Miracast if it really does meet those agreed standards.

Alas, it seems that as Blackberry users we are slowly getting marginalized. I am standard to feeling like a tech ethnic minority.
    08-02-15 07:24 AM
    This is what's going on real-time in my world. I pulled the trigger on an AT&T Classic, a Fire TV Stick, and a TP-Link 1G Dual band a/b/g/n router, for my 60M cable connection. Do it right, eh? Well, I found the same thing here with the Miracast. The phone and stick see each other, but apparently there's a handshaking issue, and the connection won't happen.

The first thing I did was call Amazon and explain the technical situation, and expressed my utter dissatisfaction with them claiming "Miracast" when it's clear they should only be claiming a limited proprietary "Screen Mirroring" feature. Trust me, I'm always firm without calling anyone names or cussing, and I know the issue was bumped up the ladder, because I concentrated on the ethics involved and left the rep with no choice.

To be fair, though, I too am enjoying the Stick as a great stand-alone portal.

My Classic came with a phone number and 30 days of complimentary support. I called, and holy moly I got real people with an interest in the technical issue, the ability to discuss it with me, and what impressed me as a genuine commitment to the Passport and the Classic. Long story short, I sent them logs, we've talked phone and email for a couple weeks. We both agree that it's not BB's problem, because Miracast on any standard dongle seems to be working fine, BUT they ALSO agreed with me that this is certainly something for their people to take to Amazon's people.

I was told today that BB has made itself available to Amazon for any assistance, and that Amazon has said they (now)consider it an issue and they will address it. That's all I know about that, I hope it cheers some folks up.

On another note, my external speaker died at day-14, confirmed after reloads and every solution I could find online. AT&T was great about expediting a replacement, and BB also was glad to have the data & asked me to keep them apprised of this separate situation.

To finish here, I mentioned on the phone that I only had 2 weeks of complimentary support left, and was told that BB encourages Classic & Passport users to stay in touch about real issues. Seriously, everyone I talked with seemed to be into some sort of team effort...I was really surprised at how tight the communications were, and I'm happy to be able to add something positive to this thread.
    Last edited by augidog; 08-16-15 at 12:31 AM. Reason: because that's what i do
    freddysrevng3 and dgzagm like this.
    08-15-15 11:30 PM
    That's so great to hear. BlackBerry support is great, Amazon has been made aware of the Miracsat issue with BlackBerry phones.

You've done well!

Here's to hoping for a fix coming soon

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:30 AM
    Thanks augidog. Way to go.
    08-16-15 04:51 PM
    Awesome augidog. You can be, henceforth, the designated support liaison person for all Passport problems :-)

I really liked the Amazon Firestick too. A very solid userinterface I thought, and so it was a shame to not have a similarly solid Miracasr experience.

I ended up getting the Mirosoft Miracast solution and it works pretty well although it does have a habit of dropping the connection from time to time.

That said, it does work and it does allow me to connect my amazing Passport to my HD TV.

Thanks again augidog. Keep us all posted please.
    08-17-15 07:41 AM
    In my experience miracast is terrible laggy. I've instead decided to AirWire and DLNA. Buttery smooth.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 07:54 PM
    I have to say that it does look like Miracast is far from ideal, at this time, but it's a connectivity-option that may be the best in a specific given situation...besides, if I pay for a feature, especially a feature with standards & certification, I expect it to work.

I want to be clear that no one has directly promised a solution. I myself have been teching LAN & WAN since windows for workgroups 3.11, and I believe our BB's will work with the Stick, we end-users just have to overcome the dang politics behind the curtain. I get the strong impression that the BB techs would like to help us with that. I think both companies would love to be able to declare compatibility, so I'm optimistic.

Anyways, you might have noticed I'm not a regular, so I'd be the worst candidate for liason. I get what I need from forums, when I need it, and then I move on. CB has helped me quite a bit since I've owned my 9810, but if I came in, I was browsing for fixes (it was very rare I needed one for my Torch) and I had nothing to actually contribute. In this case, it happened I had something new to share, and I was happy to logon and do it.

I can't speak for the rest of the BB fleet, but, for real, I was told that Passport and Classic users should feel free to stay in touch with the dedicated support, regardless of how long it's been.

I've saved enough for my next step, and ordered a genuine Slimport and 15' of HDMI cable for my 55" LED.

who am I? I'm a guy lucky enough to have been born before transistor radios, and now runs windows 7 on a SSD, and all points in between. if you get that, tip a beer with me.
    Last edited by augidog; 08-17-15 at 11:05 PM. Reason: it's the copper lager talking.
    dgzagm likes this.
    08-17-15 09:01 PM
    I'm popping back in to say that, despite having encouraged me to stay in touch, my complimentary direct support has expired and the ticket has been closed...all I get now is an email bounceback saying so. I think there weren't enough users who complained directly and specifically, and I get the feeling that there will not be a solution any time soon.
    muindor likes this.
    09-12-15 11:11 PM