Hi everybody,
    I was wondering...
    Why does Amazon seem to be embeded in the BB10 OS? What is the purpose of that?
    And why, when Amazon is deactivated in the parental controls section, does the home screen wallpaper change for the default one?
    12-12-18 08:06 PM
    Hi everybody,
    I was wondering...
    It was considered an official store for apps, so it was made a system file.
    12-12-18 08:07 PM
    It was considered an official store for apps, so it was made a system file.
    As further clarification, Amazon and Blackberry Limited made a deal in 2014/2015 to try and help shore up the lack of apps on Blackberry 10. Amazon paid Blackberry (I believe, although it's possible it was the other way around) and Blackberry pre-installed the Amazon Appstore APK on all variants of BB10.
    12-12-18 08:38 PM
    Hi everybody,
    I was wondering...
    And why, when Amazon is deactivated in the parental controls section, does the home screen wallpaper change for the default one?
    For your second question Fruit: are you saying that if you block access to the Amazon Appstore it somehow affects the wallpaper of your BB10 device? If so some additional details would be helpful....type of device, OS version, etc.
    12-12-18 08:39 PM
    Sorry, no, actually it's when I activate the parents control option, that the wallpaper changes. It's also not possible to do anything in the wallpaper settings anymore. I do understand it is a manufacturer setting.
    BB Classic, Os 10
    12-13-18 08:41 PM
    Sorry, no, actually it's when I activate the parents control option, that the wallpaper changes. It's also not possible to do anything in the wallpaper settings anymore. I do understand it is a manufacturer setting.
    BB Classic, Os 10
    Pretty sure that's related to how Parental Controls work. Are you wanting some form of selective control then? Block access to certain apps but leave other settings under the user's control?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-18 08:47 PM
    BB Classic, Os 10
    Frankly it's easier to just "remove" the app with Sachesi, and just not sign in when the phone reboots. The app will remain completely inert, and you don't have to mess with parental controls.

/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/sachesi-firmware-extractor-searcher-installer-825409/
    12-13-18 08:56 PM
    lol, i bet amazon wishes they never offered up their "support" for bb10 now
    app_Developer and ppeters914 like this.
    12-13-18 09:27 PM
    lol, i bet amazon wishes they never offered up their "support" for bb10 now
    What support....
    12-14-18 02:59 PM
    Thanks for answering
    Pretty sure that's related to how Parental Controls work. Are you wanting some form of selective control then? Block access to certain apps but leave other settings under the user's control?
    I just want to be able to choose the apps I need from the ones I don't. And to be able to remove those that I don't want on my phone.

it's easier to just "remove" the app with Sachesi
    Okay, this tool seems to be something to aprehend before doing anything stupid... I will check when I have time.
    Thanks for all your answers Conite
    12-14-18 05:54 PM
    I believe the amz apps will be inert as well when you turn off parental controls. Similarly, just do not open them again.
    12-15-18 01:44 AM