So, once 10.3 is finally released and the amazon app store will be on our BlackBerry desktop are all of the apps that are currently available on amazon, will they ALL be available for 10.3 or only select ones?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 02:17 PM
    Unless something unexpected happens, it will remain as it is now. Most apps will work (but not all). At least the apps on Amazon do not use Google services which has always been a problem for our android runtime.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1xxx
    09-11-14 02:22 PM
    My only concern would be paying for apps from amazon that we find out don't work well with our BlackBerry. I can see this being a big issue with many people after awhile deciding to not use that service. I am so on the fence of going to the new iPhone 6 for the only reason being it's vast selection of apps as that is BlackBerry's biggest hole right now. As much as I love our operating system if we can't find apps that we require eventually we are going to wander away from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 02:30 PM
    My only concern would be paying for apps from amazon that we find out don't work well with our BlackBerry. I can see this being a big issue with many people after awhile deciding to not use that service. I am so on the fence of going to the new iPhone 6 for the only reason being it's vast selection of apps as that is BlackBerry's biggest hole right now. As much as I love our operating system if we can't find apps that we require eventually we are going to wander away from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    It's only a hole if you are actually going to use apps on the other platform that isn't available on BlackBerry. I have an iPad and others than the Canadian Tire flyer once a week there isn't anything I can get for it that isn't better on the BlackBerry. But everyone is different.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    09-11-14 04:27 PM
    Im hoping for the option the delete the amazon app from my phone when 10.3 comes out

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    09-11-14 04:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Many apps offer a 'Test Drive' before you buy it. Not all, but many. The feature is in Beta, so maybe it'll eventually be implemented for all apps.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    09-11-14 04:42 PM
    Im hoping for the option the delete the amazon app from my phone when 10.3 comes out
    No offence, but why bother? It has a relatively small footprint and it's there if you ever want to find an app. You can just never use it, hide it, etc.

I think you can delete it on 10.3 by updating with a higher version downloaded from Amazon website, then deleting it after installing the update.
    Don't quote me on that, but I thought that worked!
    09-11-14 06:02 PM
    So, once 10.3 is finally released and the amazon app store will be on our BlackBerry desktop are all of the apps that are currently available on amazon, will they ALL be available for 10.3 or only select ones?
    Unless something unexpected happens, it will remain as it is now. Most apps will work (but not all). At least the apps on Amazon do not use Google services which has always been a problem for our android runtime.
    One difference between using Amazon Appstore on 10.3 vs 10.2.1 is that 10.3's Android Runtime is updated to 4.3 from 4.2.2 on 10.2.1, which should make even more apps compatible than now.

One point to note, not every single app in Amazon Appstore is currently available on BB10. The Appstore app already filters out some content it believes isn't compatible. Sign into their website via PC and you can see more details about device compatibility in a box towards top right of screen IIRC.

So anything you purchase via the Appstore has a high chance of working on your BB10 device. And I believe they have a relatively easy refund process, so just at least always "test-open" an app quickly after you buy it.

Any particular apps or games that you currently want? Have you already tried them on 10.2.1, and if so do they work now?

Only you can decide how much you value the BB10 UX vs the deep iOS app catalog.
    I would say why not wait until you can try things out on the official 10.3 release, especially since you already own a BB10 device. The iPhone 6 will be there if and when you ever want to go that route.
    09-11-14 06:15 PM
    I think the bigger issue for me than compatibility is functionality. That is, If they are going to make the Amazon app store part of 10.3 then I at least expect apps that utilize push alerts actually work headless (such as live score apps and other apps that have notifications as part of their feature set).

Functionality over compatibility is a huge thing for me since they've obviously made the decision to share the bed with Android.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-12-14 12:01 AM
    Amazon has the 'Test Drive' feature built in to the app store.

If it doesn't work, you don't pay.
    09-12-14 09:16 AM
    The new Amazon app is much nicer than the Amazon appstore app so hopefully that is the direction they are heading. Update notifications are pushed (and it actually automatically checks for updates which is cool).

I like the store integration, the scanning app will be helpful once it's functional too.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-12-14 10:12 AM
    It will be the exact same as now.
    You can put amazon on 10.2.1 already and see.
    The only change is that it will ship on 10.3 devices.
    usr likes this.
    09-12-14 10:13 AM