Because the Amazon Store just sells APK's. No extra work for the devs. To make a BlackBerry App (a real one), the devs need to build for a different platform.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry world also has converted apks which require very little effort on devs to make available. Look at Skype for example.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 05:23 AM
    Blackberry world also has converted apks which require very little effort on devs to make available. Look at Skype for example.

Posted via CB10
    A straight Android port is useless and a waste of time. Still, what incentive is there for a dev to even do this?

Skype is garbage on BlackBerry.

They have to do nothing to put it in the Amazon Store. Do you not see this?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 07:36 AM
    Well as far as the instagram app thing goes, my friend has an Android phone and he can't save pictures he has to do screen shots. I on the other hand have iGrann Pro which I can easily save pictures to my device. I imagine insta10 is the same. Why would I want the Android version from either store? I like the BB10 variant like apps.

Posted via CB10
    MGDania likes this.
    09-15-15 07:45 AM
    A straight Android port is useless and a waste of time. Still, what incentive is there for a dev to even do this?

Skype is garbage on BlackBerry.

They have to do nothing to put it in the Amazon Store. Do you not see this?

Posted via CB10
    10 million new users. Skype Is not great but hardly garbage, especially the latest update.

Instagram apk if converted to. Bar would have zero issues but they didn't do this because as tre said above its about app ransom.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 07:45 AM
    I used Skype for blackberry 2 weeks ago with my wife in China and me in Canada 3 or 4 times on a video chat and it worked great. I just do NOT agree that it is garbage.
    09-15-15 08:05 AM
    I used Skype for blackberry 2 weeks ago with my wife in China and me in Canada 3 or 4 times on a video chat and it worked great. I just do NOT agree that it is garbage.
    Exactly. Every single big name app apk could have been converted to. Bar and followed through with removing google play services dependencies and it would have given BlackBerry 10 a fighting chance with consumers.

But alas I'm crying over spilled milk.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 08:14 AM
    Amazon appstore is really a waste, at least as long as Snap is doing fine. Had been trying to find ways to uninstall the Amazon store for quite some time now.

After I recently updated to OS 10.3.2, got another ****ty app from Amazon, for shopping, and that too, pre-installed!! Which means you wouldn't be able to delete, however it bugs you!

I used to use the Amazon.in app from play store which is quite good and is of a much smaller size. The one that came pre-installed not only is of a much larger size, but wouldn't load itself too. Very frustrating!

If at all BlackBerry still care for its consumers, please give us the freedom to decide what our phone really has in it. At least not some buggy apps pre-installed!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 10:33 AM
    Exactly. Every single big name app apk could have been converted to. Bar and followed through with removing google play services dependencies and it would have given BlackBerry 10 a fighting chance with consumers.

But alas I'm crying over spilled milk.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. They could have. There was no economic incentive for them to do so. BB10 isn't a sick child that deserved some fighting chance. You're personalizing this. For what reason would these developers endeavor to give BB10 a fighting chance? It's a good OS but a failed business venture. Best for the app developers to move on and focus of the successful OS's. That is efficiency. That is how the world works.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 11:50 AM
    10 million new users. Skype Is not great but hardly garbage, especially the latest update.

Instagram apk if converted to. Bar would have zero issues but they didn't do this because as tre said above its about app ransom.

Posted via CB10
    I think that is a bit optimistic.

Either way, the limited BB users are but a speck on the global landscape when droid and apple covers 99% of all cell phones. Don't think any Dev hoping to make money is worried about any of the other OS comprising that other 1%,
    09-15-15 12:01 PM
    I think that is a bit optimistic.

Either way, the limited BB users are but a speck on the global landscape when droid and apple covers 99% of all cell phones. Don't think any Dev hoping to make money is worried about any of the other OS comprising that other 1%,
    And yet instagram is available for amazon devices on amazon spp store?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 12:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    I doubt Instagram is on Amazon due to the goodness of its heart.
    09-15-15 12:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't get your point. Amazon's app store was created for Amazon's devices.

It's not an Amazon App, It's an Android App. In most cases it's not updated as quickly as Google Play's Android app. It's also available from a hundred other sketchy Android app stores.

If it doesn't work on BB10 devices it's because of BB10's obsolete runtime. Nothing to do with the app
    09-15-15 12:36 PM
    I don't get your point. Amazon's app store was created for Amazon's devices.

It's not an Amazon App, It's an Android App. In most cases it's not updated as quickly as Google Play's Android app. It's also available from a hundred other sketchy Android app stores.

If it doesn't work on BB10 devices it's because of BB10's obsolete runtime. Nothing to do with the app
    My point is, instagram could have been as easily available on BlackBerry world in converted apk form as it would be on amazon app store.

And as I've said before, every version of instagram worked on ever android runtime version almost as good as native. I know this because I've been using instagram on my BlackBerry 10 devices since 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 03:58 PM
    My Amazon App Store App just deleted itself in a destructive update which also downloaded the Amazon Underground App in the same process, I guess they've been told that two Apps with duplicate services isn't the best use of their resources.

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2639

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 02:32 AM
    My thoughts:

App availability on BB10 native is very limited.
    App performance from BB10 native is great.

App availability on Amazon is better.
    App performance from Amazon is horrible.

App availability on Snap is good.
    App performance from Snap is OK.

BBRY decided not to negotiate with Google and decided misery loves company, so partnered with the Amazon app store.
    Obviously they once again demonstrated their lack of understanding when it comes to apps.

Personally, since I carry two devices, my Classic meets and exceeds all my communication and work needs and my Lumia 1520 (to be replaced with the upcoming Slider) serves my needs for games, news, and reading.
    Good points. And I say good riddance to the Amazon app store. Once the Venice drops we'll know which way is up as BB10 users. Native Cascades apps were amazing, but business is business.

At least Android M will have app permissions like BB10. Right? I'm just annoyed that I'll need a Gmail account.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 08:38 AM
    Good points. And I say good riddance to the Amazon app store. Once the Venice drops we'll know which way is up as BB10 users. Native Cascades apps were amazing, but business is business.

At least Android M will have app permissions like BB10. Right? I'm just annoyed that I'll need a Gmail account.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 10:52 AM
    What amazon is doing for us is better than what cobalt is doing for us ..
    10-07-15 04:25 AM
    What amazon is doing for us is better than what cobalt is doing for us ..
    I wouldn't knock Cobalt or compare him to a large corporation. What he does for us is appreciated greatly and may not be the solution you are looking for but I am more than grateful that he has provided a working version of Google Maps that I can sign into.

Posted via CB10
    MeerMusik likes this.
    10-07-15 05:36 AM
    I wouldn't knock Cobalt or compare him to a large corporation. What he does for us is appreciated greatly and may not be the solution you are looking for but I am more than grateful that he has provided a working version of Google Maps that I can sign into.

Posted via CB10
    hey passporter .. what cobalt is doing is i think painful for him .. finding versions and coding them or changing them to work on BB10 is very high painful task ..
    According to the topic i would say .. let people go and check out amazon only ..
    While they are using cobalts apps .. they might get into some problems for which cobalt will not have a solution ..
    I got frustrated by not having apps BB10 and solutions for my problems .. So I stopped using cobalts apps ..
    I am waiting for the priv .. its price and review .. till then i will hold my BB10 .. with expectations that BB is giving some value upgrade to BB10 ..
    The_Passporter likes this.
    10-07-15 05:44 AM
44 12