Tried to open up the app this morning and to my surprise I get a message stating that the app is no longer supported on this version of Android. Smh I would post a pic of the message but CB app won't allow me to and they refuse to update the BB10 version of the app. Time to get a Samsung device and kick BB and CB to sharks and then take the sharks that ate them and throw it into an incinerator.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 10:59 AM
    Tried to open up the app this morning and to my surprise I get a message stating that the app is no longer supported on this version of Android. Smh I would post a pic of the message but CB app won't allow me to and they refuse to update the BB10 version of the app. Time to get a Samsung device and kick BB and CB to sharks and then take the sharks that ate them and throw it into an incinerator.

Posted via CB10
    Did anyone actually use the Amazon appstore? And if so, why?
    06-30-18 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I update my some days ago, and it works fine!
    06-30-18 11:08 AM
    Did anyone actually use the Amazon appstore? And if so, why?
    Um, yes. Especially when they were giving a way free paid apps every day. I always preferred it to Snap and still prefer it to the Cobalt Play Store because you know that Amazon Appstore apps are stripped of Play Services and you have a quicker install process. You need to check when apps were last updated so that you're not stuck with a version that will never get updated, but I can live with that. I actually switch apps back to the Amazon Appstore version if I notice that they got an update there after a long hiatus.
    06-30-18 11:23 AM
    Um, yes. Especially when they were giving a way free paid apps every day. I always preferred it to Snap and still prefer it to the Cobalt Play Store because you know that Amazon Appstore apps are stripped of Play Services and you have a quicker install process. You need to check when apps were last updated so that you're not stuck with a version that will never get updated, but I can live with that. I actually switch apps back to the Amazon Appstore version if I notice that they got an update there after a long hiatus.
    Amazon appstore is where ancient apps go to die, imo.
    06-30-18 11:27 AM
    This is the message I'm receiving. And it's not for the app store. More for the Amazon store itself when it comes to buying SD cards, cables, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Amazon App No Longer Working-img_20180630_115513.png  
    06-30-18 11:31 AM
    Me too another one bites the dust...

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 11:33 AM
    If they smart, it would redirect to the KEY2 order page.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    06-30-18 12:20 PM
    Both Apps (amazon appstore and amazon app) works fine here in germany (just ckecked with a passport)

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 03:27 PM
    Had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago with the SiriusXM app through Amazon. Had it explained to me that Amazon probably upgraded their Android runtime version, and since BB10 is stuck at whatever ART it's on, those apps won't work anymore.

This is like the BB10 handset version of coughing up chunks of lung: It isn't dead, but it's not at all feeling well.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 03:36 PM
    Thanks for clarifying that it's only for the Amazon shopping app. I've never used it. Even though we can't delete it, I've never even accepted its permissions. Maybe BlackBerry will finally let us delete it, ha ha.

I just fired up the Amazon Appstore app. It's slow as always, but I even updated the Appstore without any problem and it still works.

I like the new design they gave the Appstore a few months ago. At least on my Passport, if you set the App Appearance to "Zoomed out"/"Full screen", the Appstore has a BlackBerry 10 app design to it with the bottom panel. It doesn't look like BlackBerry World, but it looks something like BBM or the BB10 WhatsApp app.
    06-30-18 04:54 PM
    Just tried both Amazon apps; both working.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    06-30-18 06:00 PM
    Works for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 10:18 PM
    I got some games from the Amazon app store. There use to be a free one each day. They worked great.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 11:02 PM
    Both Apps (amazon appstore and amazon app) works fine here in germany (just ckecked with a passport)

Posted via CB10
    Had the same thing on my Passport and Classic two days ago here in Germany. Amazon Appstore still works, but not the Amazon app. BUT: there is "Search for Amazon" in BlackBerry World. I installed it and it works fine! The old Amazon I could not uninstall and moved it to the last place...

The "Search for Amazon" version on BlackBerry World seems to be a new one. I haven't seen it before. You can manage the permissions as in native apps. The old Amazon shopping app was a an android version where the permissions could not be managed.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-18 06:13 AM
    Another icon to remove from the home screen!
    No great loss though, as using the weblink to Amazon is just as good.
    07-01-18 08:24 AM
    I just got an update notification for the Amazon app (not app store). I have gotten them often since I got my Classic so I tapped the update. You guessed it, no more Amazon app. Amazon app store still works but I recently lost use of Sirius/XM and my AOL email. Too bad I bought this new Classic back in January. It's quickly becoming a "brick."

Posted via CB10
    07-01-18 08:10 PM
    I just got an update notification for the Amazon app (not app store). I have gotten them often since I got my Classic so I tapped the update. You guessed it, no more Amazon app. Amazon app store still works but I recently lost use of Sirius/XM and my AOL email. Too bad I bought this new Classic back in January. It's quickly becoming a "brick."

Posted via CB10
    You did realize it’s been stuck on ART 4.3 this whole time right?
    07-01-18 08:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Look above, there's a native app called "search for amazon", seems to be worth a try!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-18 10:36 PM
    Isn't the Search For Amazon app just a wrapper for the website-- i.e. not an app at all. The Amazon site works perfectly fine through the native browser whenever I try it.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-18 03:34 AM
    Isn't the Search For Amazon app just a wrapper for the website-- i.e. not an app at all. The Amazon site works perfectly fine through the native browser whenever I try it.

Posted via CB10
    I use search for amazon since years and it is working pretty well....

Posted via CB10
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    07-02-18 05:04 AM
    I use search for amazon since years and it is working pretty well....

Posted via CB10
    No doubt it works well but is it actually any different to the website? Can you not see that it just loads the website in a window?

I just downloaded it to try and I really have to ask WHY does it need to see my emails, contacts, shared files, etc. Deleted immediately after reading the privacy policy and how much access it wants to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-18 07:18 AM
    No doubt it works well but is it actually any different to the website? Can you not see that it just loads the website in a window?

I just downloaded it to try and I really have to ask WHY does it need to see my emails, contacts, shared files, etc. Deleted immediately after reading the privacy policy and how much access it wants to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    It is not only a link to the website. You can manage the permissions pretty well in the settings of BlackBerry OS 10
    Last edited by CrackPriv; 07-02-18 at 11:36 AM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-02-18 07:51 AM
    Both still seem to be working on my Z10, not that I ever use them. In fact, whenever I reboot my Z10 I force close the Amazon apps because they use data in the background for some unknown purpose!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-02-18 03:35 PM
    I checked my Z10, and...yep, the Amazon app no longer works. The App Store app still works, but not the shopping app.

It did update a few times in the past two months, so one of them was obviously one update too many. I don't use it so no big loss, but it does seem strange that it would allow itself to update to a version on an OS no longer supported.
    07-02-18 04:07 PM