Hello fellow crackberry enthusiasts I must admit I am very disappointed with the looks and design of bb10 I was really expecting more especially with the multiple delays for the new platform. I showed a picture of the z10 to one of my co workers and he said it looked like a "metro pcs" phone lol for the touchscreen the lack of a chrome bezel is the biggest fault and it looks rather bulky and the qwerty version let's not even start my bold 9930 looks very high quality with great build quality while the x10 looks too bland and boring with cheap looking materials. I know the hardware is going to be good but is it going to be better than iphone5 or S3? I'm worried blackberry will fail because it won't be able to attract new buyers therefore buying a blackberry 10 device at launch would be a huge waste of money due to the fact that prices will drop in a few months if sells are low. I'm buying a iphone for my mom next week I might have to convert to the "darkside" too

Please give me some feedback on the dimensions of the final versions of both devices? I'm pretty sure the device won't change much from the dev alphas and the phones showed at ces 2013?

Sent from my bb playbook
    dadymon likes this.
    01-27-13 02:27 AM
    You're (probably) the only one. Besides, it's more about the revolutionary OS than the physical appearance of the hardware anyway (which looks fine IMHO). Enjoy that iPhone.
    01-27-13 02:55 AM
    You're (probably) the only one. Besides, it's more about the revolutionary OS than the physical appearance of the hardware anyway (which looks fine IMHO). Enjoy that iPhone.
    I know the OS will be great but will it stand out? I just think rim should have been more innovative with the design process to attract new customers not just people in the business sector which of course will stick with them just saying
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    01-27-13 03:02 AM
    I know the OS will be great but will it stand out? I just think rim should have been more innovative with the design process to attract new customers not just people in the business sector which of course will stick with them just saying
    Yes it will stand out, as soon as people use it and go back to their own device they'll realize how much slower they are at doing things, just think about the hub, you can access it from any app with just a flick of the thumb and another flick to get back to your app. Now think what you have to do on your own device. Apps open very very fast too and the active frames are far more functional then WP8 tiles.

The design itself is quite slick, it felt a lot smaller in hand then I expected. The textured back keeps it secure in hand, it feels very solid and it's actually lighter then the 9900.

One thing I really like about it is the faster your gestures are the less transitions you see, you are not stuck to one speed dictated by the OS. You can move your finger up the screen to slowly unveil the home screen from a locked screen or you can just flick your thumb over the bottom bezel to open it instantly.
    01-27-13 03:20 AM
    What kind of design are you talking about. Would a round phone or maybe a triangular phone how about a cube. Before you pass judgement wait and see when the are released and have them in your hands. Then decide.
    01-27-13 03:23 AM
    For the x10, yes i can say i'm disappointed too, as it awfully resembles bold 9900/30 but in a worse way. I'm hoping that all the "supposed to be" x10 pics are just the qwerty Dev Alpha C leaks, just wait and see..
    For Z10, you're just judging it too soon buddy, and only based from your friend's 'clever and ignorant' comment. It actually looks and handles things A Lot Better than iphone 5. Just see and touch the real z10 baby after the launch.. Show the REAL device to your friend afterwards and see what's his response.. As long as he's not an iSheep, i do believe he'll put some respect on it..
    CrownIsle likes this.
    01-27-13 03:27 AM
    As for the X10, so far nobody really confirmed that leaked pictures show us the real deal. Actually the person who leaked the last pics on Instagram said, that device would not be the finished hardware and rather be used for software testing purposes. Also those pictures almost scream "preproduction!", since many materials/parts are not fitting. It is waaaaay too early to make any conclusions about the X10 at all. If everybody would take a moment and look at the hard boioed facts, you'll see there are almost no confirmed facts available at this time.

As for the Z10, at least from the pictures it looks quite decent. The design is rather unique and characteristic too, so there is not a rip-off from Apple, Samsung or lately Nokia comming in. I am curious why you think it looks bulky, the device itself has been confirmed to be rather thin. Which only leaves that top and bottom parts for looking too bulky. But IMO they don't make it bulky at all.

On a pure, rather personal sidenote: I find it very amusing someone is worried about built quality of the Z10, or any other flagship phone, while comparing it to Samsungs Galaxy S3. Really this is just my personal opinion, but that S3 with its thin, el-cheapo plastics really disappoints for a flagship device, especially when every other company shows how its done right. If it wouldn't be for the pricy internals or that big screen, I'd say the S3 would be an entry level phone, mid-range at the very best when just judging the housing.
    Last edited by Taigatrommel; 01-27-13 at 06:12 AM.
    ctuffy, z1nsane, SDTRMG and 4 others like this.
    01-27-13 05:01 AM
    From the photos we have seen I think both devices look sharp. But really how a device performs is the real question and this is what you should worry about not the looks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-27-13 06:33 AM
    I think bb10 will be awesome! But most people buy phones for the hardware, ie. 5 plus inches, 1080p screen resolution for example! I have a galaxy note
    5.3" and it's very hard to use my
    9900, because of the screen
    size, jelly bean is amazing
    (rooted)! I wish RIM well but you can't expect to get back in the game with just average hardware 4.2"! Can't wait for bb10 to get updated to the playbook!
    01-27-13 07:08 AM
    I agree the Z10 still has room to improve its appearance.
    Don't know if you watch the drop test on youtube. Just search iphone drop test, or whatever phone drop test. You'll see elegance pays its price. Yes, you can buy protective skin, protector, blah blah blah accessories for the phone to make it as durable as you want. But bb phones are the products that it's ready and roll after you buy and activate it. bb is all about practicality. Using non-plastic material but so much more of a non-scrachable, non-breakable glass is somewhat costly. I think Rim has always used most budget on practical RnD technology. So you dont see Rim put lots of money on marketing (except this time) and other fancy marketing hype material that makes the phone looks elegant that last only few years before its owner switches to another phone. If you have iphone 3 and using newer model, where is your old iphone? in the drawer? scattered? Regardless how good the look is, it only lasts few years unless you're broke or have no choice for whatever the reason but to hold on to it. Maybe it comes with age. For me, I need the phone to be practical.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    01-27-13 07:18 AM
    Don't feed the troll!!!

This post is almost identical to all the other random posts from relatively new users with hardly any posts. OP is working for a company that is paid to do exactly what he's doing. Move along OP, we aren't interested in your bull****.
    01-27-13 07:25 AM
    Yes. You might be the only person disappointed with the design of the Z10. I think it elegant and understated.

However, I might agree with you about the X10. The curve in the keyboard looks a lot better. An early post said that we haven't yet seen the final design of the X10 and I hope that's true.
    01-27-13 07:28 AM
    I'm going to say no. With 7Billion people in the world, it's statistically likely that there is somebody else in world that is disappointed with the design.

What do I win?
    01-27-13 07:35 AM
    I'm going to say no. With 7Billion people in the world, it's statistically likely that there is somebody else in world that is disappointed with the design.

What do I win?
    Good point, there has to be one or two others.
    01-27-13 07:48 AM
    4.2" screen is typical BB...arriving at the game too late. 4.5" screens and up are the new fad and what people are looking for when they walk in to retail stores. There will be a entire group of customers that will discount the BB without even picking it up due to the screen size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    dadymon and Drew808 like this.
    01-27-13 07:49 AM
    "...the lack of a chrome bezel is the biggest fault and it looks rather bulky..."

Please give me some feedback on the dimensions of the final versions of both devices? I'm pretty sure the device won't change much from the dev alphas and the phones showed at ces 2013?

Sent from my bb playbook

Really? The lack of a chrome bezel is the biggest design fault? Would you like it to have spinning rims and neon lights around the edge as well?

It's only 1.4 mm thicker then an iPhone 5. I think the removable battery and user expandable memory you get for that extra mm is a fair trade don't you?
    Stewartj1, Creaulx and northernrds like this.
    01-27-13 08:12 AM
    you guys are forgetting that the aristo will be out later in the year with a 4.65 inch screen and that would probably have come out now before the delay.
    01-27-13 08:26 AM
    I think the hardware looks good because it does not look like every other phone on the market and once people see it with the screen on they will love it.
    01-27-13 08:27 AM
    I think 4.2" is perfect.

4" iPhone5 looks ridiculous. Have you seen those memes with Star Wars light sabers holding a long iphone5. It looks so stupid. 4.2" is perfect inbetween iphone5 and Samsung S3 (which is the max I'd go with a phone).
    Stewartj1 and Creaulx like this.
    01-27-13 08:35 AM
    As someone who has had the chance to play with a preproduction Z10, I would tell you it feels really good in the hand, and looks very elegant.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-27-13 08:39 AM
    Really? Too late? Many mobile and general tech blogs I am reading are full of comments like "Why no more decent <4.5" phones?", actually a common phrase I read about latest Z10 news were like "Great phone, if it would run Android, I'd buy it!". Not everyone wants such large displays. Not only because of the overall size, but general one-handed usability. Personally I also disliked the Lumia 920 for example, it is just way too large if you ask me. A decent phone with 4.0-4.2" would be perfect for me - full-touch I mean. For QWERTY I'd of course go with less.
    SCPanther13 likes this.
    01-27-13 08:41 AM
    Well...I'm not sure about you or anyone else, but I like the new BlackBerry BB10 design. I like it so much I'm giving up my keypad (inwhich BlackBerry is known for) for the ALL touch Z10. I can't help to notice the OP has a grand total of three(3) posts and it makes me wonder if it is a TROLL.
    SDTRMG and austriker like this.
    01-27-13 08:43 AM
    I think bb10 will be awesome! But most people buy phones for the hardware, ie. 5 plus inches, 1080p screen resolution for example! I have a galaxy note
    5.3" and it's very hard to use my
    9900, because of the screen
    size, jelly bean is amazing
    (rooted)! I wish RIM well but you can't expect to get back in the game with just average hardware 4.2"! Can't wait for bb10 to get updated to the playbook!
    You do realize i would need a man purse to carry that right? plus i'd need a bluetooth keyboard to type on it. it's too huge.
    just_luc, SDTRMG and Stewartj1 like this.
    01-27-13 09:08 AM
    I personally like the way that the z10 looks, especially with the white contrast. To me it doesn't look like anything that I personally have seen. What I'm looking forward to the most is the OS. Just my thoughts.
    01-27-13 09:24 AM
    You do realize i would need a man purse to carry that right? plus i'd need a bluetooth keyboard to type on it. it's too huge.
    Sorry, just not true on the "man purse" comment. I have a Note 2 and it easily fits in any pocket I need to put it in. Once you get used to the size I can almost guarantee you'll never look at another phone with a screen under 5".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    01-27-13 09:31 AM
139 123 ...