If you go to the application manager you quickly see that the Facebook application is running despite you never started it. By default this application is running despite you don't even need it. I don't need this application and I don't want it to run in the background. Is there a way to prevent it to autorun during startup?

Skype also behave in a strange way. Closing the application actually doesn't close it. By closing it remains in the memory despite it doesn't show up in app manager. The only way to close it is to sign out and then close it.

I think people want to have the control what application runs in the phone or computer. We have traditionally been used to be able to control what applications runs and we can kill them if we want. With phone operating systems this control is removed and we don't have the same control anymore. I don't want unnecessary applications to run when I don't need it and these applications needs all sorts of permissions of your systems that you don't know what they send so I would prefer that they are closed. I don't trust Microsoft and especially not Facebook.

Blackberry should give us the ability to see unfiltered what processes are running in system.
    10-28-13 05:54 PM
    I have been having this problem as well with my Z10. I downloaded Task Manager (free app) to se which Android processes are running after I close them and saw several. I would close them by killing the task but they would pop up again.

So then I downloaded Ghost Commander and checked there. I saw about 40 processes running on my phone and wanted to close all of them...but realized many are needed to run the phone...lol
    But there were the two android apps I had sideloaded. So I manually FORCED CLOSED the app.

I agree. I'd like to see what's running and how to close them besides the App Manager.
    10-28-13 06:26 PM
    For Facebook, you might want to try removing your Facebook account from the Hub, if you haven't already. That might allow you completely disable Facebook from running in the background. Then reboot or Stop the process from the Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor (if you're running OS10.2)

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 08:48 PM
    For Facebook, you might want to try removing your Facebook account from the Hub, if you haven't already. That might allow you completely disable Facebook from running in the background. Then reboot or Stop the process from the Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor (if you're running OS10.2)

Posted via CB10
    This!

Some apps run in the background due to hub integration, if they didn't you wouldn't get your notifications till you opened the app. If you don't trust or like Microsoft/skype and Facebook your best bet is to uninstall them.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    10-28-13 09:45 PM
    I was having issues with my battery the one day on z30.. it was draining like crazy. Couldn't figure out why. So I decided to take sign my phone out of the Facebook integration and the hub and just look at Facebook on the browser and have not had another issue with battery.. maybe coincidence but also Facebook doesn't show in app manager this way.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 12:26 AM
    My guess is that hey should remain in memory for the sake of the "share" feature.
    App monitor shows that they are not consuming any CPU, therefore should not have any impact on the battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 12:40 AM
    Delete Facebook and Skype. Download it on the occasions you might use it. If enough people do that then eventually they'll give us the option to keep it from always being loaded.

STL3 1791 hybrid w/10.2.1 bars
    10-29-13 01:01 AM
    It is not a problem, these are headless apps that once you sign in, they keep running in the background, that's how they can tell if you receive a message, is like the email App, it's always running, if you don't want them running you have to signout and then close it.
    10-29-13 02:28 PM