Great thread. Want to try LibreSignal.
    For some reason, the option in BB10 to install from other sources is disabled. Running 10.3.3.2205. Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by minttea; 06-30-17 at 03:57 AM.
    06-30-17 03:13 AM
    Great thread. Want to try LibreSignal.
    For some reason, the option in BB10 to install from other sources is disabled. Running 10.3.3.2205. Any help appreciated.
    Development has stopped for Libresignal and Signal for android now works without workarounds. I've downloaded it through F-droid -> yalp store -> Signal.
    06-30-17 04:33 AM
    Development has stopped for Libresignal and Signal for android now works without workarounds. I've downloaded it through F-droid -> yalp store -> Signal.
    Thanks, I still have the issue of not being able to install APKs.
    Any advice appreciated..
    Last edited by minttea; 06-30-17 at 07:07 PM.
    06-30-17 06:58 AM
    Any takers?
    07-01-17 07:56 AM
    Can you share please a working link and version with the apk? I downloaded 2 times from apk mirror last version, but it did not work.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 01:39 PM
    Thanks, I still have the issue of not being able to install APKs.
    Any advice appreciated..
    Go to: Settings> App management>installation app.

I hope it is the right translation, since I am not using the menu in English on my BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 01:41 PM
    Go to: Settings> App management>installation app.

I hope it is the right translation, since I am not using the menu in English on my BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    I believe you mean the setting 'Allow Apps from Other Sources to be installed', but it says underneath it's disabled by your administrator.

To avoid messing this thread, update here:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/ask-qu...-apks-1114073/
    07-01-17 07:11 PM
    Telegram works fine on BB10. Yes there are question marks over the encryption but as of this day no decrypted telegram messages have ever been used in a court case. Good enough for me.
    What about Pintagram? Does it play nicely with Telegram? Supposed to work and it's native BB10 and free
    07-01-17 09:59 PM
    ...Conversations' uses XMPP but does not have voice. ..
    Has anyone tried Beem? Can find on BlackBerry World, Android port. XMPP client. Texting works, I tried that with OTR enabled. It should have voice calling, at least there were bug reports and fixes regarding VoIP...
    07-01-17 10:13 PM
    Telegram works fine on BB10. Yes there are question marks over the encryption but as of this day no decrypted telegram messages have ever been used in a court case. Good enough for me.
    If I were an agency with the means to try and hack messengers and you were a target, I wouldn't bother trying to hack WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram or whatever. I would just put malware on your 'droid phone, log your keys and send them back to me. Why break down the front door when the back door is unlocked?

If you are running BB10, well then I would just slap the malware on your contacts phones instead and log their keys and screens. Chances are they aren't running BB10.
    07-01-17 10:23 PM
    Possible yes, probable no. There's some bug reports about particular incompatibilities between the Signal Android app and the Android runtime (easier than making native app from whole cloth), although whenever it's brought up Signal devs say unsupported platforms aren't their problem.
    Android 2.3 and up is supported by Signal.

I have (after user knowledge issue) managed to install via Yalp store.

Only message I got was a warning saying Google play services wasn't installed, so could affect performance. Not sure what that means, but it's working fine for me.
    07-03-17 08:37 AM
    If I were an agency with the means to try and hack messengers and you were a target, I wouldn't bother trying to hack WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram or whatever. I would just put malware on your 'droid phone, log your keys and send them back to me. Why break down the front door when the back door is unlocked?
    Interesting. I'll inform James Bond. Meanwhile for the other 99% of us wanting to avoid Govt and implication from local law enforcement we should be be ok with Google Play apps.
    07-07-17 09:45 AM
62 123