Hi i know this probably is not a very important to most of the business people , but this is a very important feature required by youngsters . In schools and colleges , friends wanna borrow your phone to make a call but u dont want them to dig into ur phone , so you lock your phone go to place call and voila.. Please implement this in the next bb10 os update. Please leave your thoughts. Sorry for the bad english.

Edit: All previous bb had this feature
    Last edited by Sanjay G; 02-20-13 at 08:54 AM.
    02-20-13 08:35 AM
    Does any other mobile OS do this? Just wondering because I have never heard of it, I can't say I would ever use this feature. I don't lend my phone but if a friend needed to make a call on my phone, they would be right beside me while doing it.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 08:38 AM
    I can do it on my Curve 8520.. Hopefully BB10 will get it too
    02-20-13 08:40 AM
    You guys really lend out your phones to people you don't trust on a regular basis? I had a cell phone since there were cell phones, I've never let anybody use my phone if I had to worry about them snooping in my personal stuff.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 08:44 AM
    You guys really lend out your phones to people you don't trust on a regular basis? I had a cell phone since there were cell phones, I've never let anybody use my phone if I had to worry about them snooping in my personal stuff.

Posted from my Z10.
    What if your buddy asks you and you give him and starts going through your messages. .
    02-20-13 08:56 AM
    What if your buddy asks you and you give him and starts going through your messages. .
    Then i'd give him a smack around the head and ask him, who gave you the right to look into my phone??.

I dont have this problem as most of my friends have their own phones to use and make calls. And luckily for me, my friends wouldnt go through my phone looking at messages or pictures etc.
    02-20-13 09:01 AM
    Yup...smack on the side of the head

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 09:13 AM
    We used this as a business for our field technicians, so they could quickly make a call if needed. We require complex passwords on the devices, so it was a nice feature.
    07-17-13 02:10 PM
    Then he's not your buddy.
    07-17-13 02:43 PM
    Sanjay, buddies don't go through your stuff without asking. I don't have friends like that. Why would anyone?
    07-17-13 04:42 PM
    We used this as a business for our field technicians, so they could quickly make a call if needed. We require complex passwords on the devices, so it was a nice feature.
    It does make sense for this application, but for the average user I can't see it being widely used, I would be more worried about accidentally calling someone from the lock screen.
    07-17-13 04:52 PM
    I would lock my Bold 9700 often before giving it to my nosy 13 yr old. She could make a call (dial any number of even use the address book and shortcuts) but not go snooping around my emails and txt's. Just got my new Classic. There are a lot of things missing in BB10 from OS5. No "Vibrate only in Holster" setting and several others that I have identified in only 2 days of use. Lots of nice things tho. I suppose it beats having to use an Android or iPhone with no keyboard.
    04-18-15 05:22 PM
    There is a way : use a bluetooth handset.
    With the help of the assistant, that the only mean to do a call while the device is lock.
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    04-19-15 09:44 AM
    If your that worried they have some apps that can lock your important files, videos, pictures and messages. Maybe you should invest $2 into one of those.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2708
    04-19-15 12:01 PM