Open a couple tabs of news articles on http://www.breitbart.com/ using private browsing. Should freeze the browser when you swap between the tabs or outright crash your browser.
    I just did it on my Z30 with the native flash browser. It works fine with multiple tabs on that website?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 09:14 AM
    The OP has made some valid points, although others also have very interesting opinions. Since the original idea is to show some help to other BB10 users, I'd like to share a couple of suggestions and a bit of my experience.

I've been a BlackBerry user since 2008 (8100 Pearl was my first BB) and have used BB10 since 2013 (Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30 and Passport). My family and gf are current BB10 users (dad has a Z30, mom a Classic and gf a Q10). I currently use both a PRIV and a Passport.

I understand that BlackBerry needed to switch to Android, but do think certain BB10 development could've been kept. Anyway, I'm kind of the "techy guy" among us, so always look for solutions to obstacles they encounter. We are aware switching to another platform is eventually inevitable but enjoy what BB10 still offers and as long as it serves our purposes (Android seems to be our route as we enjoy BlackBerry products).

For Facebook I've tried several apps and so far found the two best options are Face10 Pro and Faceslim. The former, unfortunately, needs in-app purchase and getting the Messenger app to go along. The latter, however, is a well designed wrapper of the mobile website with very basic notification options, so I'd suggest users who require FB to try them out. If you need a more "complete" alternative, the PRIV and DTEK50 are fine devices (although, I hate how much storage the Android Facebook begins eating as you use it).

On another note, WhatsApp is deal breaker for many (perhaps even for me, that's why I've bought the PRIV). I'm hoping some solution appears for BB10. It's sad as the native app integrates very nicely and works much better than its Android counterpart.

BB10 had a lot to offer, but we will eventually have to let go. BlackBerry's take on Android has a lot of potential, I truly hope it succeeds.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-22-16 09:15 AM
    Open a couple tabs of news articles on http://www.breitbart.com/ using private browsing. Should freeze the browser when you swap between the tabs or outright crash your browser.
    No issues here.
    08-22-16 09:15 AM
    Open a couple tabs of news articles on Breitbart News Network using private browsing. Should freeze the browser when you swap between the tabs or outright crash your browser.
    Tried it just now and it renders perfectly and is actually very fast on my Passport. No crashing yet, anyway.
    08-22-16 09:32 AM
    I just did it on my Z30 with the native flash browser. It works fine with multiple tabs on that website?

Posted via CB10
    Native flash browser? If I recall correctly, flash support was removed several 10.3.2.x updates ago.

I too have a Z30 and it freezes and the crashes for me in a reproducible manner running from an 10.3.2.2876 install base (the last OTA update). Regardless, it working for you doesn't negate the fact it crashes consistently for me.
    08-22-16 10:42 AM
    Regardless, it working for you doesn't negate the fact it crashes consistently for me.
    It doesn't, but it does prove what I said earlier: not everyone has this problem.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red) <3
    08-22-16 03:24 PM
    I never argued that everyone was having the same problem, only that a problem exists. There are many factors that can go into why one person sees the problem and another does not: handset model, OS version, SW version, browser mode, settings and version, exact number of tabs of which sites and how they're interacted with them over how long. Why waste time trying to convince someone experiencing a consistent problem first hand that it doesn't exist?
    08-22-16 05:12 PM
    Works fine here

Z30

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 08:05 PM
    Well I can confirm the problem on a second Z30 phone (same model) running 10.3.3.746. It took less than 5 minutes of browsing around before freezing the browser tabs.
    08-22-16 09:25 PM
    Well I can confirm the problem on a second Z30 phone (same model) running 10.3.3.746. It took less than 5 minutes of browsing around before freezing the browser tabs.
    I opened 10 tabs on your site on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746 and quickly switched back and forth between them for more than 5 minutes without issue. I've tried this on multiple BB10 devices.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG111 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG124 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    08-22-16 09:34 PM
    I opened 10 tabs on your site on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746 and quickly switched back and forth between them for more than 5 minutes without issue. I've tried this on multiple BB10 devices.

That's the same model as me, and it is basically a clean 10.3.3.746 install. Did you scroll up and down the pages? It is possible some things might not be loading until you scroll down. Mine froze last with a single tab, and before that with 5-6 tabs. I can screen capture the freeze/crash next time.
    08-22-16 10:00 PM
    That's the same model as me, and it is basically a clean 10.3.3.746 install. Did you scroll up and down the pages? It is possible some things might not be loading until you scroll down. Mine froze last with a single tab, and before that with 5-6 tabs. I can screen capture the freeze/crash next time.
    I gave it a solid acid test and could simply not recreate your problem.

08-22-16 10:28 PM
    I never argued that everyone was having the same problem, only that a problem exists. There are many factors that can go into why one person sees the problem and another does not: handset model, OS version, SW version, browser mode, settings and version, exact number of tabs of which sites and how they're interacted with them over how long. Why waste time trying to convince someone experiencing a consistent problem first hand that it doesn't exist?
    I never said it doesn't exist. I just said that it isn't a BlackBerry problem 'cause it doesn't happen only on BB10. I don't, nor did I ever, doubt the validity of your report.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red) <3
    08-22-16 11:55 PM
    What are you talking about? I video call my wife and kids on their Q10's and Z30 on a regular basis thru BBM.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 12:30 AM
39 12