Hi,

I've had some recent issues with videos playing since the OS upgrade.
    Videos won't load past a few minutes, will play for about 2 seconds but then the time bar jumps about and it stops. This is across the board whether it's youtube, Facebook, vimeo etc.

I've tried restarting the device and I have freed up some memory as the upgrade used the last space left on phone. I now have my photos stored externally.
    This has not fixed the problem however.

Z10 OS10.3

Any ideas??

Edit: to place other issues all in one place.

Phone calls: Vibrates for 5 sec+ after picking up
    Cannot make or recieve calls as it is cutting in and out, produces jerky effect. The ringtone plays as normal strangely, when i had my own and now i have the bb stock ringtone (after messing about trying to fix problems)

Videos- Play for 2 second or less, can hit play again, plays for anther 2 seconds or less.

Music- plays for 2 sec or under, same issue as videos

Notifications- Being cut halfway through or not playing at all. For all types. Presumably for 2 second or less.

Instagram/Vine type apps- Cannot play smoothly, stops in 2 sec incriments

Games- Ie Candy crush, plays smooth for 2 secs then freezes/lags. Unplayable. Latest version and only one installed.

Texting/Data Entry on all platforms- lags, hangs VERY slow. Auto correct and swipe do not work due to the time delay. Seems to speed up temorarily after a restart.

Keyboard- sounds not working properly. Sometimes you hear the sound, sometimes not, sometimes it is delayed and spits out all the sounds in one big dump.

**Over time, since the issues started, I have tried security wipe, reload software through link,
    Using an autoloader back 10.2 (still had issues) then back to the first edition of 10.3. I am now back on the current 10.3.1779 after this failed to fix any problems. I took SD card out during this process and DID NOT restore previous back ups.

It seems that something crutial to the smooth running of the phone is missing since update. Absolute disaster.

At this point I am keeping an eye out for a deal on another phone as the one i have is useful pretty much just for the alarm clock which is the only thing that seems to be working normally.
    Last edited by Kate Robb; 04-12-15 at 03:58 PM.
    03-19-15 01:53 PM
    I've had some recent issues with videos playing since the OS upgrade.
    Videos won't load past a few minutes, will play for about 2 seconds but then the time bar jumps about and it stops. This is across the board whether it's youtube, Facebook, vimeo etc.
    What OS version are you having the issue on? What OS version are you coming from (where it worked)? What device are you on?
    03-19-15 02:14 PM
    and how did you load the new OS version?
    03-19-15 02:15 PM
    Sorry
    Z10
    Updated to 10.3 from previous version.
    Loaded straight to phone from update notification.
    Had it for maybe 2 weeks
    03-19-15 02:47 PM
    I am also having trouble with my phone cutting out when making or receiving a call. Same sort of jerkiness that the video does when trying to play. Argh.
    03-19-15 03:04 PM
    Sorry
    Z10
    Loaded straight to phone from update notification.
    Had it for maybe 2 weeks
    STL100-1?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 07:43 PM
    10.2.1 was the previous version I believe.
    Tried playing a video I recorded to see if this is also affected, it is. 2 seconds and won't play any further.

Installed BlackBerry blend on PC.
    Is there a way you can get around the system (which will say I'm up to date on OS) and reinstall 10.3?)
    Last edited by Kate Robb; 03-20-15 at 11:04 AM.
    03-20-15 12:24 AM
    If you go to Settings > About > Category: OS, what does it say under 'OS Version'?
    Any idea if the apps you're having issues with are native, android, or both? (i.e. where did you get the apps from? BlackBerry World? Snap? Amazon Appstore? )
    I assume it's just streaming videos that causes the problem? (like if you put a video file on your device it will play fine in the 'Videos' app? )
    03-20-15 10:20 AM
    Thanks for your help
    STL100-3

Actually I went into music to see if that was affected (I haven't played any lately) and again the same problem. Plays for 2 seconds and stops.

I am not using apps. Just playing from the site or from my videos folder (I only have videos I've recorded saves on phone) these are affected.

Seeing as you have mentioned it though I'll see if apps like songza are working (android I believe) -

Same problem! My phone is useless for anything other than text, email and taking photos.
    Phone alarm still works
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    03-20-15 11:46 AM
    Might be unrelated, but if I go to Main Volume in settings, the slider jumps around and plays the level of sound set.
    If I try and if I move the slider the the louder end of the scale, it jumps all the way back down to the first 1/3 and the sound will cut out before it jumps back to where I set it. It will do this without my moving it.
    Not sure if that is normal.

BlackBerry assists speaks to me but cuts in and out (as my phone calls do)
    03-20-15 12:04 PM
    Thanks for the additional details. I haven't heard of anyone with this exact issue before. I would try a hard reset (holding both volume keys down for 15-20 seconds) but it sounds like the part of your OS that handles media isn't working properly so the best fix would probably be to update your OS to a newer version. You can load it yourself manually (instructions here : http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1007014/ ) or you can wait until the next update is pushed to your device, which depending on your carrier could be in the next week or so (many people are starting to get the 10.3.1.2576/10.3.1.2582 updates pushed to them. Some carriers are much more stubborn than others though and you could be left in the dark for a while
    03-20-15 12:07 PM
    Thanks.
    I have not done the sort of download you have suggested before, I guess I could wait and then see. I am with Fido (Rogers) so hopefully not long?

Really weird issue I agree! I was able to watch lectures for study and now it's disappointing I cant.
    03-20-15 12:14 PM
    I am with Fido (Rogers) so hopefully not long?
    Actually, you probably won't have to wait too long - I was worried you were going to say you're on Verizon or something. Canadian carriers usually tend to receive the updates fairly quickly
    03-20-15 12:18 PM
    One more thing. When on BBVE it says my OS Is 10.3.1.2267, but I wrote before my "about" in phone settings says I'm on 10.3.1.1581. Who knows!?
    03-20-15 12:30 PM
    One more thing. When on BBVE it says my OS Is 10.3.1.2267, but I wrote before my "about" in phone settings says I'm on 10.3.1.1581. Who knows!?
    I know 10.3.1.1581 is the Software Release and 10.3.1.2267 is the OS Version (you can see them both if you switch the category to 'OS' instead of 'General' in Settings > About)
    It's okay, I had already figured out what OS Version you were on
    The Software Release is a combination of your OS Version and your Radio Version (for example my Software Release is 10.3.1.1779 which is a combination of OS Version 10.3.1.2576 and Radio Version 10.3.1.2577)
    03-20-15 12:43 PM
    OK that makes sense, I saw the radio links for download but that's when I decided it might be a bit out of my depth.
    I received a reply on the BlackBerry forum which might be of use to other users regarding the 2 second specific sound problem. It's a clue at least although no fix

Re: All videos/ music not playing - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    03-20-15 01:09 PM
    UPDATE

After updating to this weeks OS bug fixes (which didn't help much)

I have completed a full back up
    Security wipe
    Restoration
    (FYI this process takes 3+ hours)

I still have the same problems

-Videos not playing past one or 2 seconds- all kinds, including streaming.
    -Music not playing past one or 2 seconds- all, including music apps
    -Notifications not coming in at all for email, and only partial for all other media fb, text etc
    -BB Assist does not work, cuts in and out, also cannot hear me due to cutting in and out. Same for apps like Duolingo which require to hear and use mic.
    -Main volume slider jumps about everywhere when I am trying to set the volume
    -phone calls affected. cannot make or receive calls due to it cutting in and out. Person can hear me only for a split second, not unlike video/music issues.

*calendar alarm works now.

Any more suggestions??
    Whats the difference between factory reset and sec wipe?

I'd like to be able to use my phone as I had before 10.3
    Last edited by Kate Robb; 03-28-15 at 09:54 PM.
    03-28-15 07:47 PM
    Suggest wiping the phone again. Don't have to do a backup if the last one is still good.

Test to see if you problems are still there without doing a restore. Make a call, play a video or music from your SD, etc. If the problems are still there, you have a corrupted OS and the only way to fix it is reloading the entire OS with an autoloader as suggested by the previous poster. If problems are gone, then the culprit is in the apps. In this case, do a custom restore, leaving out all 3Rd party apps. Reinstall and run the 3rd party apps one at a time and test if the problems resurface after each reinstall/run to isolate the offending app(s).

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 11:14 PM
    Suggest wiping the phone again. Don't have to do a backup if the last one is still good.

Test to see if you problems are still there without doing a restore. Make a call, play a video or music from your SD, etc. If the problems are still there, you have a corrupted OS and the only way to fix it is reloading the entire OS with an autoloader as suggested by the previous poster. If problems are gone, then the culprit is in the apps. In this case, do a custom restore, leaving out all 3Rd party apps. Reinstall and run the 3rd party apps one at a time and test if the problems resurface after each reinstall/run to isolate the offending app(s).

Posted via CB10
    Ok,

So i have tried deleting all my apps, backing up and doing a security wipe. On the "factory" version I still have issues with videos playing (tested on youtube)
    I have never done this auto-loader business and do not want to "brick" my phone as i have seen in other posts.
    I see the first few links, but not sure if you need to always get whatever the latest one is.
    Also not sure where to get the actual auto loader program. Darcys etc? Does it matter which you use?

At this point, im just really pissed and now out of my depth technically.
    03-29-15 01:46 AM
    I feel your frustration.

The issue is that OTA update of the OS only does incremental changes. Your OS seems to be corrupted by one of the previous updates. It is simply luck that the next OS release would replace the corrupted portion of your OS. If you are not willing to do use autoloader to reload your entire OS, you can try reloading it using Link. But I personally have never used Link to load or update my OS. So I don't know if it would work.

The main difficulty in using the autoloader is get one that works. There are ready made autoloaders that can be download to your PC. You don't have to build one yourself. You can search the forum or Google it. There are some posted on the BlackBerry site as well. Use those if that makes your feel more comfortable. Once you've found one that work for your phone model, all you have to do is download it to your PC, contact your phone using USB, backup your phone (skip if you already have a backup) , close Link and Blend, execute the autoloader exe file (double click file name) and let the autoloader does its thing. After the phone reboots, go through the new phone setup process, then restore from your backup using Link. You'll also have to set up all your accounts as well. That's it.

Further note, there are two OS variants for Z10, one for STL100-1, one for the rest. Make sure you pick the right one for your phone. If you are using a laptop, plug it in. You don't want to have any interruption at all. If the autoloader does not get downloaded smoothly, download it again. Beware that it is a 2GB file. When downloading, choose the save file option, not the auto open option. Also note that the new phone set up process will likely detect a newer OS version and prompt you for an update, you may want to skip it for now. You can do that by not connecting to WiFi.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Kate Robb likes this.
    03-29-15 10:37 AM
    Well, I finally got sick of the super lag, I couldnt make or recieve calls due to the phone cutting in and out, and the vibrate when answering, it got to the point it didnt stop.
    Typing also became a nightmare due to lag.
    I got an autoloader off the BB website. Backed phone up, used it. Installed update to current as prompted, then restored my data/settings. Wasnt really sure what order to do everything in so hopefully its ok.
    At the point of restoring my info, the connection between the phone and computer was a little mismatched. The phone had finished its blue bb circle and the computer said it was waiting for it to restart, which it didnt. I manually did so, apparently with no problem. The media card driver error message came up, but it was too late to deal with.

When I awoke the phone displayed prompt to restart. I did and at that point the media card drivers had figured themselves out. (they did not the night before)

PS, i did try reloading OS via link previously. It didnt work, I guess it keeps old elements rather than completely rewriting.

EDIT- just tried to open instagram and duolingo, they dont open, likely as they were downloaded via snap, which is missing (prob because it was sideloaded)
    BUT amazon is also not opening. Facebook seems fine.
    Kinda losing my mind with this phone now.

** If i need to do another restore on this phone
    Would I need to run another sec wipe first?
    Last edited by Kate Robb; 04-05-15 at 12:30 PM.
    04-05-15 12:13 PM
    Just tried to play a song in music.
    Still stops at 2 seconds.
    Will autoload the version on BB site again, no update and test that out. If that does not work....Guess I'll try a previous version.
    If that doesnt work
    Hello new phone.
    04-05-15 12:40 PM
    Just tried to play a song in music.
    Still stops at 2 seconds.
    Will autoload the version on BB site again, no update and test that out. If that does not work....Guess I'll try a previous version.
    If that doesnt work
    Hello new phone.
    Just run the latest autoloader from here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1009696

You do not need to security wipe or SIC multi wipe. That's just plain voodoo.

Do not do a restore with Link. Your settings are corrupt and you will keep restoring your bugs.

Use a third party backup app like Ultimate Backup instead. Backup what you can to your sd card or the cloud.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Kate Robb likes this.
    04-05-15 12:47 PM
    Thanks!

I am happy to start over, I've saved all my pics to SD card, music and apps can always be replaced. I would like to keep text messages if possible. I will have a look at the apps and see if any will accommodate.
    04-05-15 01:41 PM
    Thanks!

I am happy to start over, I've saved all my pics to SD card, music and apps can always be replaced. I would like to keep text messages if possible. I will have a look at the apps and see if any will accommodate.
    If you're reloading your OS using another autoloader, there are two tips. On rebooting the phone after loading the OS, it usually takes sometime for the phone to boot up after the blue circle is completed and says 100%. On my last os update it took about 15 min for the phone to boot up after the blue circle is completed. I would be very patient and let the phone boots up. The second point is that after the phone boots up, don't reload the backup immediately. Try playing some music or video from your SD to confirm that your problem is gone. It is just a small extra step but it provides some insight for further trouble shooting if needed.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 11:47 PM
30 12