So I'm literally in the middle of this text conversation with my daughter.

<snip...>
    Me:
    Haha
    I'm shunning you for not using BlackBerry Messenger. :P

Her:
    It seems like a waste since everyone already knows this number

Me:
    But they don't need to know your number for BBM. Aaaand, people don't have to chase you down or re-add you when you or they change phones.
    Not to mention you can get all your buddies to use it, too.

Her:
    Yeah they won't do that. Are you a sponsor of that now or something lol your very pushy about it

Me:
    No. I just like/prefer BlackBerry products and want to see them succeed.

Her:
    Then why don't you have a blackberry lol

Me:
    I DO.
    (I have a Z10.)

Her:
    Oh.. When I think of blackberry I think of those phones the [sic] first came out with..
    (She has an iPhone 4.)

Me:
    I've been using BlackBerry phones for like 8 years.
    That's what everybody thinks. That's the problem.
    The new BlackBerry is nothing like the old.

Her:
    Well why don't they promote it better since everyone still thinks that way

Me:
    LOL! It's hilarious that you say that because that's EXACTLY what we fans keep saying! And we KNOW that people think that. THAT'S why I push it so hard.

Her:
    You can always email them! Lol. But hey if you wanna buy me blackberry products I won't complain ;D lol. Anyway I think Apple is pulling me into their cult like business lol. I love/hate them.

Me:
    I have a couple of BlackBerries you could use.
    Lol

Her:
    Oh yay old phones! Lol

Me:
    Whatever! One of them is newer than that iPhone 4 we gave you.

Her:
    But yet you didn't offer it lol

Me:
    Because you had an iPhone! I figured you had already been converted to a hard core iHead.
    Otherwise, I would have given it to you. It's a great phone and OS and a shame to waste it.
    (It's a 9850.)
    The youth are suggestible to BlackBerry phones. BlackBerry just needs/needed to MARKET BB10 properly! In the end, she says she's a Windows girl and that "iPhones suck honestly." haha
    menshawy and delroyj like this.
    08-12-14 03:31 PM
    So I'm literally in the middle of this text conversation with my daughter.

The youth are suggestible to BlackBerry phones. BlackBerry just needs/needed to MARKET BB10 properly! In the end, she says she's a Windows girl and that "iPhones suck honestly." haha
    We have been saying this ever since BB OS10 was released. Nobody is paying any attention. I was in retail for years, and the most important thing was ALWAYS visibility. If no one knows what you are selling, they are not going to buy.
    08-12-14 03:43 PM
    You got it right at the end when you said "market properly." They need brilliant ads, not useless crap like they had when BB10 launched.
    GSM-S likes this.
    08-12-14 03:44 PM
    But you changed your BBM-ID (PIN) with each phone, didn't you?? You had to inform your contacts, didn't you??
    That argument was very shaky!!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-14 04:03 PM
    Last week, while working in my office, I had some issues with one of the computers and a coworker from Computer Department came to fix it, when he saw my Z10 he asked me in a very surprised manner, "what's that, is it a Blackberry???" And I answered, yes, this is the
    Z10. He took it and checked it out all around and said, "wow, beautiful phone" He has an iphone. Just in less than 5 minutes I showed him the hub, the instant notification, I put a youtube video and asked him to send me something from whatsapp, and let him to see the way I can reply to the message without leave the current video in motion I was playing (no other phone can do that yet), and for putting the cherry on the cake, I showed him Snap allowing him to know that my powerful phone can also run android apps... million of people don't know that....
    08-12-14 04:06 PM
    But you changed your BBM-ID (PIN) with each phone, didn't you?? You had to inform your contacts, didn't you??
    That argument was very shaky!!

Nope! That was the old way. If I'm not mistaken, BBM contacts are now tied to your BlackBerry ID. I just recently replaced my Z10 with another one and didn't have to do a thing. My argument was sound.
    David Tyler likes this.
    08-12-14 04:28 PM
    Yup it's been something people have been saying for years.
    I'm hoping with Chen now at the helm we'll see more advertising this fall with the new phones coming out.

It's not Blackberry's only problem but it's one of the big ones IMO.

Posted via CB10 (Via limited WiFi connection)
    08-12-14 04:59 PM
    Nope! That was the old way. If I'm not mistaken, BBM contacts are now tied to your BlackBerry ID. I just recently replaced my Z10 with another one and didn't have to do a thing. My argument was sound.
    Correct. It may sometimes take a few minutes for your BBM contacts and groups to populate your new device, but it all is supposed to transfer when you log into your BBID.
    08-12-14 04:59 PM
    Yes

08-12-14 05:07 PM
    All They Need To Do Is MARKET!!!*

* and make phones that people want.
    08-12-14 05:11 PM
    Marketing. Do it well.

Posted via CB10 from my (amazing) Z30.
    08-13-14 01:53 AM
    Yep let me repeat myself again:

My last Phone died last Year and I was searching for a new one. After a few Days - already decided to go with the S5 for Lack of Alternatives -, I found by Accident an Article, that BlackBerry is making a New Device Series and even without the need of BIS.

Haven't I found that Article by surprise, I would be an unhappy Android User by now and also still thinking that BlackBerry is dead.

I know (well "knowing" in terms of told from many BlackBerry Longtime User over here), Germany was never the Main Market but the totally absence of any kind of Marketing is just plain Dumb.

But: The CMO got fired, John Chen is currently leading and he is well known to be able to make a Difference. Very good Signs.

But if you count all the mistakes together, it will IMHO take at least another 2 Years until more non-business User will be aware, that BlackBerry is still alive and making Handsets.

Via CB10 App / [email protected]+442+296 Alien
    08-13-14 03:32 AM
    they can do that within a month if they do a massive/agressive worldwide marketing strategy, but it'll take billions to do that !
    08-13-14 04:30 AM
    They had to stabilise the company first. That was the priority. All the marketing in the world is of no use if the perception is that you're going bust.

Posted via CB10
    Nemzy and MeerMusik like this.
    08-13-14 06:53 AM