I would assume that my usage of my phone is about the same during the last couple of months but since 2 months my 1GB data plan seems not to be enough any more. This month I already had to buy 2 packages 500 MB each and I just got a text that I ran out of data again (with another 7 days left until the new cycle starts).

Is there a good app which lists the usage by app? I couldn't find anything in the app store and have no idea how to identify the app which causes the problem. And NO, I will not uninstall and reinstall various apps and check during a couple of months.

Any help very much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 10:33 AM
    It may be using data when you're on wifi. Happened to me had to turn off data when connected to wifi. Was uploading a movie on line and got hit with over data usage.

Lifting ain't for the faint of heart
    09-07-14 10:39 AM
    It may be using data when you're on wifi. Happened to me had to turn off data when connected to wifi. Was uploading a movie on line and got hit with over data usage.

How would that happen?!? Is there any app I can check data usage with by type of app?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 10:51 AM

Is there a way to automatically turn off data when connected to wifi or do you have to manually turn data to off?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 11:08 AM
    That has happened to me a lot I finally figured out to turn off data or go into airplane mode. My carrier did believe me when I told them I was using Wi-Fi

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 11:28 AM
    I experienced the same problem. I noticed that I was going over my data cap so installed a data usage counter and sure enough when I'm on wifi I still see my data usage inching up. Not by huge amounts but 5MB per day or so. Now I have to make sure I shut data off when I'm on wifi which is a pain in the *** since I forget to turn it on again when I go out and don't get any messages. I think it's a plot by our Mobile overlords.
    09-10-14 10:54 AM
    Ever thought about using an NFC Tag? You can have it turn off cell network and turn on Wi-fi when you get home and tap the tag. Then have one to turn it back the other way when you leave home.

? Seriously, this Z10 is a Contender!! Keep it up BB ?
    09-11-14 09:31 PM
    The past two months I quickly topped my 2Gb allowance and could not work out why because until now it has been 2-300Mb per month. some people said facebook auto streaming video, deleted that. Ended up deleting all deletable apps and yet each time i turn mobile data on a few Mb, then over an hour 50Mb then 100Mb again so i turned it off. I come home to wifi and nothing comes via wifi. (I have Data Usage Counter that shows wifi and mobile data) i go back out to work and turn on mobile data and again tens then hundreds of Mb. There are no apps running, only an occasional email. Where is all this data going into?, my internal and SD card are not filling up. It makes mobile data unusable. I have Q5 on EE (UK)
    09-23-14 03:06 PM
    All of a sudden high data usage-img_20140922_143726.png
    I also have high usage just for mail and stuff I peak around 200mb per day

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 07:22 PM
    Ever thought about using an NFC Tag? You can have it turn off cell network and turn on Wi-fi when you get home and tap the tag. Then have one to turn it back the other way when you leave home.
    Can you set it to only disable data services? You need the cell connection for calls, SMS, etc...
    09-23-14 08:58 PM
    I would assume that my usage of my phone is about the same during the last couple of months but since 2 months my 1GB data plan seems not to be enough any more. This month I already had to buy 2 packages 500 MB each and I just got a text that I ran out of data again (with another 7 days left until the new cycle starts).

Is there a good app which lists the usage by app? I couldn't find anything in the app store and have no idea how to identify the app which causes the problem. And NO, I will not uninstall and reinstall various apps and check during a couple of months.

Any help very much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Built in to BlackBerry 10 os is "Device Manager"...pull down from the top of your homescreen...tap "Device Manager"...

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon Z10 on 10.3.0.1154
    09-24-14 04:42 AM
    "I would assume that my usage of my phone is about the same during the last couple of months but since 2 months my 1GB data plan seems not to be enough any more. This month I already had to buy 2 packages 500 MB each and I just got a text that I ran out of data again (with another 7 days left until the new cycle starts).

Any help very much appreciated."

I deleted all the apps that could be deleted and there was no difference. With mobile data on it creeps up in 10-20Mb at a time until by the afternoon 200-300Mb has been reached. But nothing at all while on wifi. Done restarts. Now considering a reset but not until I have some idea what is happening. I have Q5 on EE (UK)
    09-28-14 04:29 AM
    Inbuilt Mobile data monitor on 10.3 does the job perfectly well.
    All of a sudden high data usage-img_20140928_175206.png

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:52 AM
    I had this issue also. Resolved it with a security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 05:55 PM