OK, I've tried both of these things:
    - Adding a Yahoo e-mail address to my BB
    - Adding a new 'dummy' Gmail one to my BB

... and neither of these has the same problem. But reinstalling my own principal Googlemail account brings the problem back - obviously I'm reinstalling it with the Blackberry default account settings.

So it is something in the setup of that principal Gmail account that is at fault, isn't it.

I suppose this is progress - but the problem is, of course, that I've no idea what it is in my Gmail account that's at fault....

Thanks again to all who've helped so far.
    11-13-15 03:34 PM
    I'm not trying to be repetitive, but I did not see if you said you confirmed there were no filters. Even though you didn't set any, double check if you have not done so already. Gmail does and works things in mysterious ways.
    11-13-15 04:41 PM
    Another approach is to reverse engineer the problem. Try to find out how to auto delete sent items via google search, then check your current settings and see if something was changed without your knowledge.
    11-13-15 04:44 PM
    Pretty sure I haven't got any - this is what it looks like:
    All sent items being deleted - HELP please!-screenshot.png
    Is there anywhere else filters might be hidden?
    11-13-15 04:46 PM
    Another approach is to reverse engineer the problem. Try to find out how to auto delete sent items via google search, then check your current settings and see if something was changed without your knowledge.
    I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to do that.
    11-13-15 04:49 PM
    What does your Forwarding Pop/IMAP settings look like?
    11-13-15 04:55 PM
    Also, what does labels setting look like?
    11-13-15 05:00 PM
    What does your Forwarding Pop/IMAP settings look like?
    Here you go:
    All sent items being deleted - HELP please!-screenshot.png
    11-13-15 05:01 PM
    Here you go:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	380494
    Turn auto expunge on and next option archive the message. My pop is disabled, but try disabled if you wish since you have IMAP enabled.

My Google is a work account, so my recommendations work for me. No lost emails whatsoever.
    11-13-15 05:11 PM
    Turn auto expunge on and next option archive the message. My pop is disabled, but try disabled if you wish since you have IMAP enabled.

My Google is a work account, so my recommendations work for me. No lost emails whatsoever.
    Thanks, tried that, then deleted and reinstalled my Googlemail account on my BB.

No change.

I need to try and get some sleep now so won't be replying for a while, but if anybody can think of anything else, I will be very grateful indeed.
    11-13-15 05:24 PM
    Go to label settings. Make sure sent is show and IMAP is selected far right in that line. Then make all mail hide.
    11-13-15 05:35 PM
    Go to label settings. Make sure sent is show and IMAP is selected far right in that line. Then make all mail hide.
    They're the settings I already have. "All mail" is not selected in "Show in IMAP".
    11-13-15 06:08 PM
    I think I've realised what seems to be the one thing I can logically still do, given that my "dummy" Gmail account seems to work fine but my "proper" one still doesn't: logically I suspect what I need is to bring up the "Settings" on the Gmail webpage for each of those two accounts side by side, and check whether there are any differences at all between the settings.

... And hope that I do find a dfference; if not I fear I'm truly shafted, and even Clove Technology's very generous offer to replace my phone ain't going to help...
    11-15-15 02:18 AM
    I think I've realised what seems to be the one thing I can logically still do, given that my "dummy" Gmail account seems to work fine but my "proper" one still doesn't: logically I suspect what I need is to bring up the "Settings" on the Gmail webpage for each of those two accounts side by side, and check whether there are any differences at all between the settings.

... And hope that I do find a dfference; if not I fear I'm truly shafted, and even Clove Technology's very generous offer to replace my phone ain't going to help...
    I'm not sure if there is a master default reset for GMAIL. But I'll give it a look later after work.
    11-15-15 06:57 AM
    That would really be monumentally helpful, thanks!!
    11-15-15 03:43 PM
    I'm getting this too, on a Z10, as of yesterday 15 Nov 15. I suspect Google, but I doubt if they talk to the likes of us any more.
    11-16-15 04:56 AM
    I'm getting this too, on a Z10, as of yesterday 15 Nov 15. I suspect Google, but I doubt if they talk to the likes of us any more.
    That's interesting - and to be honest, from my selfish point of view reassuring. Not that that helps you!

I've no idea whether there is any way of contacting anybody at Google or making them aware of the problem - I assume not?

Failing that, if there is some sort of "master reset" or something in the Gmail account, as sensibly suggested above, that might (but might not!) help.

Thanks for sharing this info, at any rate.
    11-16-15 11:47 AM
    There is no "Master Reset" button, but you can check all available options and set them back on their default values if needed.
    11-16-15 12:32 PM
    There is no "Master Reset" button, but you can check all available options and set them back on their default values if needed.
    This.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. But at least we determined that it is a Gmail issue and not a device issue.
    11-16-15 12:45 PM
    Yes, I think you're both right. I'll see if I can find owt, using the comparison method I mentioned above.

I'll report back, though must confess I have a bad feeling about this.......
    11-16-15 12:49 PM
    Yes, I think you're both right. I'll see if I can find owt, using the comparison method I mentioned above.

I'll report back, though must confess I have a bad feeling about this.......
    Well then, it looks as though I've definitely reached the end of the road on this one.

I've gone through every setting in my Googlemail account and compared it against the settings in my 'dummy' Gmail account. There were a couple that were different, so I made them the same as the dummy one. The most obvious one that might just have been relevant was that my dummy one did not have IMAP enabled - so I disabled it in my main account too.

Having made all the settings identical, I then deleted my main Googlemail account from my Blackberry, rebooted the phone and reinstalled the Googlemail account.

No effect: the fault is still there.

So it looks as though my Googlemail account is effectively corrupted.

I assume that there is nothing I can do about this. If that's right, then I suspect that I will simply have to start from scratch with a completely new e-mail address - which to be honest is a fairly horrifying prospect, having used Googlemail for about 10 years and using it of course for numerous account logins. I suppose the best I can do is arrange for all e-mails from my Googlemail to be forwarded to my new account, and set an auto-reply alerting people to my new e-mail address, and then for, I guess, the next year or two alter as many of my various accounts (could be anything from internet chat fora to utility suppliers) to the new address.

Anybody got any tips on the best way to manage a change like this? Or indeed any recommendations as to alternative providers? (The likes of Yahoo, Hotmail........? - I'd want them to be BB-friendly as I sent 90+% of my e-mails from my BB, even at home)

One final (incredibly long-shot!) thought: it couldn't just possibly, could it, have something to do with the fact that my e-mail address has remained [email protected] rather than switching to the now more common [email protected], could it???

Anyway, unsuccessful as this has been, I'm nonetheless grateful for all those here who tried hard to help me.
    11-18-15 03:12 PM
    it couldn't just possibly, could it, have something to do with the fact that my e-mail address has remained [email protected] rather than switching to the now more common [email protected], could it???
    Are you in Germany, Poland or Russian Federation ? If not, send your email with your Gmail address. So set the account accordingly :
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/159001?hl=en

And don't forget to enable IMAP again and disable POP. You will have to check the directory mapping again (Sent, Bin, ...) on the phone.

People will still be able to contact you with the Googlemail address by the way. No need to warn them.

UPDATE: Well, Google managed to obtain the rights to use Gmail in Germany in 2012 and I guess in the other countries too.
    Last edited by Joshu42; 11-18-15 at 03:49 PM.
    11-18-15 03:36 PM
    Are you in Germany, Poland or Russian Federation ? If not, send your email with your Gmail address. So set the account accordingly :
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/159001?hl=en

And don't forget to enable IMAP again and disable POP. You will have to check the directory mapping again (Sent, Bin, ...) on the phone.

People will still be able to contact you with the Googlemail address by the way. No need to warn them.

UPDATE: Well, Google managed to obtain the rights to use Gmail in Germany in 2012 and I guess in the other countries too.
    What's the advantage in changing the name, would you say? I haven't so far bothered, not because I feel very strongly either way, but simply because I didn't want to change for change's sake... Do you think it could be worth doing?

In terms of IMAP and POP, as I say my 'dummy' account has neither IMAP nor POP enabled and seems to work OK (those being the default settings). [I can't pretend to have any real understanding of what IMAP and POP actually are...]

Thanks!
    11-18-15 04:39 PM
    Do you think it could be worth doing?

In terms of IMAP and POP, as I say my 'dummy' account has neither IMAP nor POP enabled and seems to work OK
    Well, I think it's worth to test this assumption !

POP and IMAP are 2 distinct protocols. Simply speaking, IMAP is the most recent one. And of course, if you want to retrieve any emails, one of them must be enabled. For a mobile device like your phone, IMAP is your best bet : you won't store all your emails on your phone, you will be able to do remote search and organize them in folders.
    11-18-15 05:30 PM
    Thanks; as I can apparently change my e-m address back anyway if I want, I might as well try. Thanks for the explanation re IMAP and POP. The funny thing is, though, Gmail seems to work on my BB with neither enabled.

Cheers
    11-18-15 05:35 PM
60 123