...today you got the shaft.

I hate to sound bitter, i truly enjoy my Z10. However, the announcements today had nothing to do with existing BB10 users unless you consider Blend to be a real treat.

Maybe i am wrong. I hope i am wrong. Maybe this thing isn't over yet. Yes, i am a Verizon user and yes the LTE bands should work but untill Big Red rolls out VoLTE i'm a bit dead in the water when it comes to making calls.

Yes i could switch carriers when my contract runs out in 8 months or pay the ridiculous termination fees to switch to a lesser (my opinion) provider to get a passport.

Just would have been nice to see these events cover everyone from existing customers (consumer and enterprise) as well as attracting new customers. At this point i will resume my search for a Verizon Z30 and cross my fingers that Verizon makes an attempt to roll out 10.3.1. Whenever that may be.

And yes, i am bitter jealous of all you future passport owners. And yes, i just wanna complain. And yes, i understand i should not start a sentence with the word 'and'. That is just how frustrated i am.
    RodolfoAP and needforbbx like this.
    09-24-14 01:28 PM
    On at&t I feel your pain.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:31 PM
    I'm more pissed at Verizon for still relying on CDMA technology. It really screws over their own customers. Even the resell value of VZW devices is lower due to them being crippled for use anywhere else.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:33 PM
    I'm more pissed at Verizon for still relying on CDMA technology. It really screws over their own customers. Even the resell value of VZW devices is lower due to them being crippled for use anywhere else.

Posted via CB10
    This...i do agree with. This is truly a case of 'firstworldproblems' but damn. Oh well...i just don't know if i have the patience to wait around for VoLTE and even when that does come a new version of the passport is likely to be out which may or may not be supported.
    09-24-14 01:41 PM

I hate to sound bitter, i truly enjoy my Z10. However, the announcements today had nothing to do with existing BB10 users unless you consider Blend to be a real treat.
    Seriously though. Even with Blend, it was a bit of a let down. Blend is still over a month away for everyone without a Passport - unless a 10.3.1 leak changes things very soon. Today was almost strictly for Passport people. The Classic launch event will be for everyone else.
    09-24-14 01:54 PM
    Seriously though. Even with Blend, it was a bit of a let down. Blend is still over a month away for everyone without a Passport - unless a 10.3.1 leak changes things very soon. Today was almost strictly for Passport people. The Classic launch event will be for everyone else.
    I agree that they should have opened blend to everyone. But perhaps they want an "organically gradual" production ramp up to work out any kinks.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 02:12 PM
    Non issue for me, in Canada on Bell.

Take it up with your carrier, t's not BlackBerry's fault.
    Richard Buckley and TJKGT like this.
    09-24-14 02:38 PM
    We were all told 10.3 would be passport only and that blend would launch with 10.3 required and that existing devices would get 10.3.1 in November

In Squircle I Trust
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    09-24-14 02:54 PM
    Using my z10 on 10.3. Blend works for me

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:04 PM
    Ummm... This was a Passport launch event why would it have anything to do with any other device? I just do not understand what people are upset about. Your upset that Blackberry didn't include anything other than launching the passport in the passport launch event?
    09-24-14 03:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Really? How did you get it working, because it shouldn't.
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-24-14 03:14 PM
    I'm jacked to get 10.3. I haven't looked forward to an OS update like this ever! Getting 10.3 will add extensively to the experience of BB10 and will give all users that upgrade plenty of new features.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    09-24-14 03:15 PM
    Non issue for me, in Canada on Bell.

Take it up with your carrier, t's not BlackBerry's fault.
    Non issue in the UK either. So not exactly 'all'.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:18 PM
    I'm from The Netherlands and it's pretty easy to switch carriers. Can someone from North America explain why it's hard over there? It sounds like a big deal for you guys. Please inform me.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:23 PM
    I think you could make the case that by choosing to simplify the number of Passport variants by NOT supporting Verizon's CDMA, BlackBerry had an easier time preparing the phone for everyone else.

Posted via CB10
    Beastly82 likes this.
    09-24-14 03:25 PM

Considering that this event was billed as strictly a Passport announcement event all along, what the heck are you harping on about?

No one ever said they were going to talk about anything else.

Posted via CB10
    boody78, Baconwich and spikesolie like this.
    09-24-14 03:26 PM
    I'm from The Netherlands and it's pretty easy to switch carriers. Can someone from North America explain why it's hard over there? It sounds like a big deal for you guys. Please inform me.

Posted via CB10
    Most people are locked into 2 year contacts and would have to pay a penalty for early termination.

It's the trade off for getting around a $300 discount on most new phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:26 PM
    I think you could make the case that by choosing to simplify the number of Passport variants by NOT supporting Verizon's CDMA, BlackBerry had an easier time preparing the phone for everyone else.

Posted via CB10
    Or they could just make one variant that includes the CDMA bands.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Where you kidding about this one? White listed perhaps?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:34 PM
    Considering that this event was billed as strictly a Passport announcement event all along, what the heck are you harping on about?

No one ever said they were going to talk about anything else.

Posted via CB10
    This ^.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:45 PM
    The Classic launch event will be for everyone else.
    Wishful thinking?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:48 PM
    Op this title should be changed to blackberry users in America....there is no issue in Canada and is misleading to the blackberry uses in Canada enjoying their blackberry experience.
    09-24-14 03:59 PM
    Op this title should be changed to blackberry users in America....there is no issue in Canada and is misleading to the blackberry uses in Canada enjoying their blackberry experience.
    Not even with the $100 price difference on the passport?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:04 PM
    I'm from Slovakia. H+ is great here. I also tested 4G but not such an improvement. H+ is really enough.

I agree that verizon is screwing his existing customers. CDMA is old. They should port to newer tech.
    Not only cause of BlackBerry, but other platforms to. Used verizon phones are cheap. Their resell value is crap.

I was eagerly waiting for the BlackBerry Blend to be available on Z30 10.3 but it does not work with any 10.3 Z30 leak available

I guess I will have to wait for 10.3.1 come out for Z30

Sky

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:14 PM
    Wait.. you mean they didn't say anything about the other devices on the Passport launch event?? That's crazy.

pin:2B7CAF06
    09-24-14 04:17 PM
28 12