Well now that BlackBerry is ready to acquire AtHoc...can anyone name all the companies that BlackBerry has purchased since John Chen has taken over to ensure that he is staying true to his word about securing at being in the forefront of the IOT, secure and privacy world.

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    07-22-15 01:16 PM
    Movirtu - was to all virtual SIMS, most likly as part of BES.... still in the works.
    Secusmart - to allow a BlackBerry to really be secure. http://us.blackberry.com/enterprise/...secusuite.html
    WatchDox - kinda a data encryption for the cloud.... http://us.blackberry.com/enterprise/.../watchdox.html
    AtHoc - Most likely to help BlackBerry to provide a total "mass notification" system for large campuses, that would include users phones. Or maybe some kinda campus BBM....

Where it all leads... who know. Seems like smart purchases. But I don't really seen much in the way of revenue producers...
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-22-15 at 02:25 PM.
    07-22-15 01:38 PM
    Movirtu - was to all virtual SIMS, most likly as part of BES.... still in the works.
    Secusmart - to allow a BlackBerry to really be secure. http://us.blackberry.com/enterprise/...secusuite.html
    WatchDox - kinda a data encryption for the cloud.... http://us.blackberry.com/enterprise/.../watchdox.html
    AtHoc - Most likely to help BlackBerry to provide a total "mass notification" system for large campuses, that would include users phones. Or maybe some kinda campus BBM....

Where it all leads... who know. Seems like smart purchases. But I don't really seen much in the way of revenue producers...
    Agreed! It's really difficult at the present moment to visualize revenue from these acquisitions but from the onset, strength in truly become security first and foremost is looking pretty damn good.

Now let's implement these into upcoming BlackBerry 10 devices.

07-22-15 02:57 PM
    Agreed! It's really difficult at the present moment to visualize revenue from these acquisitions but from the onset, strength in truly become security first and foremost is looking pretty damn good.

Now let's implement these into upcoming BlackBerry 10 devices.

As my links show, Secusmart and WatchDox have already been implemented. But as BES Add-on features, but these first requires someone having BES.

I imagine there have been issues merging Movirtu WorkLife with BES... most likly problems with making it a software solution that can be used on other platforms. But once they have it worked out it will be a BES Add-on also I imagine.

And I can see AtHoc being one too... making all BES subscribers with BBM Protected part of an Emergency Communications Notification System.

The key is if you want it... you'll pay for it. Also the key is I think Chen understands the BES doesn't mean much to enterprise anymore, so he is looking for other features that can help him to keep the customers they have, bring back the ones they have lost and hopefully attract new customers. Which is better than just sitting back and watching it all fade away like the guys before him did with hardware....
    07-22-15 03:13 PM
    As my links show, Secusmart and WatchDox have already been implemented. But as BES Add-on features, but these first requires someone having BES.

I imagine there have been issues merging Movirtu WorkLife with BES... most likly problems with making it a software solution that can be used on other platforms. But once they have it worked out it will be a BES Add-on also I imagine.

And I can see AtHoc being one too... making all BES subscribers with BBM Protected part of an Emergency Communications Notification System.

The key is if you want it... you'll pay for it. Also the key is I think Chen understands the BES doesn't mean much to enterprise anymore, so he is looking for other features that can help him to keep the customers they have, bring back the ones they have lost and hopefully attract new customers. Which is better than just sitting back and watching it all fade away like the guys before him did with hardware....
    Movirtu Worklife "will be available through your operator"

Sounds like they will need carrier support. Maybe that's the delay. BlackBerry is working on contracts with the various operators around the world....

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 05:00 PM
    Movirtu Worklife "will be available through your operator"

Sounds like they will need carrier support. Maybe that's the delay. BlackBerry is working on contracts with the various operators around the world....

Posted via CB10
    Which is a monumental task all on it's own... especially if the "operators" think they should get a piece of the "action". But you would think that Blackberry could start we a few select markets and then build on those.

Movirtu was another "start-up" with an idea that they were testing... might not have been ready for deployment when BlackBerry bought them. But if you do a search there are other companies that have the idea of a virtual SIM also and have been testing their ideas too. But then there is also a move to just remove the SIM cards altogether, And with the move to allow users the freedom to unlock their phones in the US.... do we really need SIM Cards now? There are a few Carriers in the world that have already deployed SIMless phones....
    07-23-15 07:39 AM