You how a little knowledge is a dangerous thing? So is overconfidence.

I downloaded the STA autoloader for my Z10 rather than the STL, and now the phone is stuck on BlackBerry 10 OS error codes - US (wrong radio installed). The Knowledge Base said to connect to Link and reload the factory OS, but it didn't work.

After I downloaded the correct autoloader, I tried to just run it as usual, but never got past the bootrom prompt. After trying the KB advice, I unplugged my phone to reboot it (power button wouldn't do it), started the autoloader, then plugged the phone back in. This time I was able to enter the password and the OS appears to be installing.

I just thought I would share my moment of idiocy on the off-chance I'm not the only dipstick out there...
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    10-04-14 10:57 PM
    Try a sic wipe

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:00 PM
    Did your phone Ok now?

You can try sic wipe and run the correct autoloader

Posted via CB10
    HarryDragon and polgara59 like this.
    10-04-14 11:03 PM
    Try removing the battery. Open the correct autoloader on PC, and then attach device via USB.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-04-14 11:05 PM
    Oh. Duh. I didn't read far enough to see you've made progress and things seem ok. Ignore my attempts at assistance...
    polgara59 and zephyr613 like this.
    10-04-14 11:07 PM
    You how a little knowledge is a dangerous thing? So is overconfidence.

I downloaded the STA autoloader for my Z10 rather than the STL, and now the phone is stuck on BlackBerry 10 OS error codes - US (wrong radio installed). The Knowledge Base said to connect to Link and reload the factory OS, but it didn't work.

After I downloaded the correct autoloader, I tried to just run it as usual, but never got past the bootrom prompt. After trying the KB advice, I unplugged my phone to reboot it (power button wouldn't do it), started the autoloader, then plugged the phone back in. This time I was able to enter the password and the OS appears to be installing.

I just thought I would share my moment of idiocy on the off-chance I'm not the only dipstick out there...
    Just re read again glad you can un brick your phone

Posted via CB10
    HarryDragon likes this.
    10-04-14 11:09 PM
    What is sic?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:12 PM
    Wait, this was fixed WITHOUT a SIC Wipe? How is this possible? Please explain in detail.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:13 PM
    You're better off without it. Just my opinion.

oops

Meant to quote the question about "what is SIC?"

/oops
    10-04-14 11:14 PM
    I have no idea. I pulled the battery so that the only power was coming through the USB cable to my computer. I opened the autoloader, then plugged in the phone to the USB. It all worked as it should. Right now, I'm reloading apps and passwords and all seems to be working as it should -- so far.

I know -- I got crazy stupid lucky.
    10-05-14 12:03 AM
    Wait, this was fixed WITHOUT a SIC Wipe? How is this possible? Please explain in detail.

Posted via CB10
    It's all about timing. As long as a phone can boot it will connect to PC and take commands. Once bricked, that window is small. If you time things right it will take an autoloader and go again.

He lucky on timing the first shot.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.632
    HarryDragon likes this.
    10-05-14 06:00 AM
    You can also just run a radio autoloader. The OS was installed fine, just the wrong radio file.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 08:20 AM
    I know -- I got crazy stupid lucky.
    Glad to hear you revived your BB.

Posted via CB10
    polgara59 likes this.
    10-05-14 08:24 AM
    You can also just run a radio autoloader. The OS was installed fine, just the wrong radio file.

Posted via CB10
    That would have required more skill and confidence than I possess!

Okay, dumb question time -- once in this thread and once in the findings and fixes thread for this new leak, I've seen the acronym *SIC*. I assumed it was referring to a security wipe when I saw it in this thread, but then in the other thread, SIC and security wipe were in the same sentence as if there are different things. Can someone clarify the definition of SIC for me, please?
    10-05-14 08:29 AM

Okay, dumb question time -- once in this thread and once in the findings and fixes thread for this new leak, I've seen the acronym *SIC*. I assumed it was referring to a security wipe when I saw it in this thread, but then in the other thread, SIC and security wipe were in the same sentence as if there are different things. Can someone clarify the definition of SIC for me, please?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=924580

Take a look

Posted via CB10
    polgara59 likes this.
    10-05-14 08:40 AM

1) download radio autoloader (10-20 mb)
    2) run autoloader, wait for "connecting to bootrom"
    3) plug in phone, radio file loads non destructively.

That's it, done.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.632

EDIT: Wow, my phone flipped out and entered my answer to another thread here!!! Or the aliens must have arrived...
    Last edited by Gearheadaddy; 10-13-14 at 04:46 AM.
    polgara59 likes this.
    10-05-14 01:02 PM