Just read that Microsoft is dropping Nokia name, and coming out more aggressive with more lumia models and pricing.

Apple ahead of 6 launch has dropped their prices, now even I phone 5c 8gb is available at 23000 Rs.

Google introduction of Android one, which will make affordable smartphone below 100 dollar.

BlackBerry should bring more devices for Os 7, in which it has good penetration in India, and reduce their internet plan rates.

I have heard so many from people here, that they are not buying old legacy phone, bcoz of BlackBerry internet high rates.

And people are still not int in Os 10 ph, bcoz first they are not as handy as legacy ones, and then due to cheap competition from Android.

Most of the co are still playing on lowers Os and models, and higher too. They are able to win the price game also.

Its tough time, but user base in growing like anything, so why not tgt entry level customer from Os 7, with new lower price model's and enterprise cust with Os10.

Thats just a suggestion.
    09-14-14 09:06 PM
    Blackberry certainly needs a better pricing structure - now that they manufacture with Foxconn, they ought to manufacture locally in India or assemble so they can lower their tax and offer it cheaper.

Published by an awesome Z30! Oohya!
    09-14-14 10:31 PM
    Blackberry certainly needs a better pricing structure - now that they manufacture with Foxconn, they ought to manufacture locally in India or assemble so they can lower their tax and offer it cheaper.

Ya and why not they keep their two Os, and bring some low cost devices in Os 7 for entry level people.

Every company is doing so.
    09-14-14 11:00 PM
    Isn't the Z3 an entry level device? Using any OS is immaterial - they don't charge us for the OS but the hardware and I think the Z3 fits in right at that price point.

09-15-14 12:19 AM
    Isn't the Z3 an entry level device? Using any OS is immaterial - they don't charge us for the OS but the hardware and I think the Z3 fits in right at that price point.

Z3 is priced at 16000, way too high.
    It was supposed to be a bellow 200 dollar unit.

Many co are offering way more specs at this price. BlackBerry is far behind.

I am talking of devices in the range of Rs 6000-7000
    09-15-14 01:49 AM