Hello to all the forum people

I know pretty well the suggestions

The fact is that in the storage manager, the app that uses most space is the browser 120MB and I have quite all default apps

Adding up all the apps there is no relation with them and the available space o_O

All the multimedia is placed on the SD card

System 2.71 GB
    Applications 1.19 GB
    User files 1.36 GB

where are these 1.36GB files so???????

I've also run CCleaner no hints

I've already seen this before,
    to free up alone without particular actions, just a reboot. But today no way.

Thank you for hinting
    01-30-16 09:29 AM
    You're probably better off since the Android runtime is broken in this update. Better to wait until patch comes down the pipe.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    01-30-16 10:20 AM
    Do you use Whatsapp from BlackBerryWorld?

BlackBerry Z10, the way to go!
    01-30-16 10:24 AM
    You're probably better off since the Android runtime is broken in this update. Better to wait until patch comes down the pipe.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    Or if your going to update grab "updated " apps and just remove the android runtime from the batch and tada

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 03:35 PM
    I've found a mistake
    For some reason pictures were not saved anymore in the external card

Well, fixed that I have now 1.9GB of available free space

The OTA begins without warnings

It downloads (download progress bar reaches 100%) and begins the installation

At 40% it fails and the progress turns to red

A warning form pops with the warning "device memory is almost full" (sorry I translate this from the Italian).

So the updater algorithm fails to calculate the needed space.

The OTA fails with this ideal situation

Again on not enough space for update-img_20160205_062301.png

I'll try with an autoloader since reading here and there looks like that BlackBerry link could fails as well.

BlackBerry company unfortunately is destinate to fail as well since they really lost the focus.
    These devices were winning ones when they were concept for business people.

This update failure issue is an example, one upgrade system that cannot manage to use the microSD available space.

OS10 includes patents (at the first place, the HUB) which are over the roof compared with others competitors. They have this weapon and What they forgot? To make the advertising aiming to share the knowledge about the HUB and its potentials.
    You see and know, business people rely on the communications, and what they did?
    The cut off the calls list length to a useless 100 or little more, which makes it impossible to search when you have called that lost call unknown number before or if you ever had a contact with it before. I expire 100 entries in 2 or 3 days, which turns in having a call list that lists only up to two or three days ago O_o?!?!?!?!

Back on the HUB, it really integrates all the communication/messaging apps, either on iOS you must consult the single apps to check the single income messages. So you have at a glance the full income/ outcome calls/messages of any type

What a stupid business management a chef of the operations they have.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 12:51 AM
    With what above I mean that the Board of Operations should have advertised the BlackBerry phones focusing on businessmen

So with the facilities they could have got from a blackberry device

And not to those ones which aims to share media on instagram.

Though together with the communications HUB another power-tool is the sharing HUB that opens whenever you click a share button :-).

They will dive in a total failure... because they want to fail, definitely.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 01:06 AM
    Screenshots look like a Q10. The Q10 has 16GB of storage; why doesn't your Q10 have 16GB of storage?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 02:01 PM
    Screenshots look like a Q10. The Q10 has 16GB of storage; why doesn't your Q10 have 16GB of storage?

Posted via CB10
    That's what I was wondering.

Here's my Z10 with more space used up for system and apps, yet I have much more showing as free than the OP shows.

Again on not enough space for update-img_20160205_135540.png

Is the OP's phone on BES with work space enabled? Does that cut the amount of free space available to each side of the divide?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 02:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Q5 has 8Gigs and same screen resolution as Q10.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Attachment 390489
    02-06-16 05:45 PM
    I actually forgot that the Q5 only had 8Gb.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 12:22 PM
    02-07-16 04:31 PM
    I've solved the issue with the suggested program for side loading the whole upgrade

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 10:52 AM
    Though I had to remove some apps, since the update was not properly calculating the needed space!!!
    So until I have removed the media that was for no reason saved in the internal storage, Ok, so much space was occupied.
    Finally when everything was removed, only few apps were there with so much free space.
    The update was claiming some more space only until the media was removed, next it allowed to start.
    Well it has processed up to 90% but never complete again because some more few megabytes were required, and I had to guess that.
    So I"ve removed the unthinkable to free up some few 20 or 30MB and installed the remaining two files (unfortunately the core was one of them).
    In few words a total pain in the a**.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 03:43 PM
    Do you use Whatsapp, yes or no?

02-17-16 10:52 AM
    Hello sorry for the delayed reply

I did it but as written above, a total pain.

I had wasssapp but I'm not using it and the media pertaining to it were less than 10 images

Though in the current days we have the confirmation that the BlackBerry board abandoned BB10 and probably BlackBerry smartphones too,

Which gives a good explanation about the reason nobody at BlackBerry cares about fixing annoying small bugs. While the OS is powerful.

Unfortunately too, their original guilty is to have not based the advertising of BB10 on explaining the advantages of the HUB and of the communication apps (quite all the major ones) integration with the HUB.

Fantastic powerful feature for people using the phone for what it is nowadays : a communication tool.

That was the right approach : the leading communication tool for professionals

Silly ad agencies and consultants are capable of generating superb wrecks.

I'm convinced that they begun sinking because they lost the focus on the communication tool for professionals.

Period.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 01:26 AM
    Check using the BlackBerry File Manager app. Device > misc > whatsapp > backup
    For any files since they might be taking storage.

03-08-16 02:24 PM
    Will this stupid stupid not enough space error ever go away? It's so annoying not only won't update the app but will delete it requiring re-install every time
    06-23-16 08:33 AM