A few of my friends have upgraded their iphones to ios 7. Overall they are not impressed with it. They do like the added features (control panel and multitask management), but the biggest complaint seems to be the colour scheme (and a few bugs they've been experiencing). This may change over time though, as they get used to it and updates roll out.
    09-19-13 04:18 PM
    I just loaded it up on my iPad. Meh. The look is fresher so fun to play with but as far as features go, nothing that other OSs have had for awhile. The thing about Apple is its simplicity. It just works. But the UI is girly .... and this is coming from a girl! I'm fine with it but I want to know what the dudes think!

I will always have a special fondness for Apple since they changed the world of smartphones but I'll stick with BB10 for now. It's a productivity monster.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1725
    STL100-3 10.2.0.1725
    09-19-13 05:14 PM
    Dudes think the UI is gay.

Posted via CB10
    BallRockReaper and BCITMike like this.
    09-19-13 06:18 PM
    A colleague of mine, has been running ios7 beta sometime now.

My first sensation to the new color scheme , was like " we are back to the 80's"

Nothing wrong with the 80's, except maybe the hair cuts...

Wondering how ios7 color scheme will change things around us... like pink t-shirt coming back from the grave???

Posted via CB10
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-19-13 06:28 PM
    So I've been playing with iOS7 some more since I first created this thread, and my opinions have changed slightly.

First of all, I could never go back to iOS at this point. The new animations are simply too flashy and distracting. They're liable to cause motion sickness (and I'm only half-joking, they're that bad). Blackberry's are truly better (though the light shining through wallpaper on unlock effect needs to go, BB).

The colours have proven too distracting as well. The icon designs are improved for the most part, but the colours are too much for me to handle on a daily basis.

The lock screen is still brilliantly usable, but not day/date line, weird. Can't find the setting either.

There are lots of little things that are better than BB10, but nothing truly worth mentioning. I will say that iOS's note app is the very best I have ever used; I don't know why people don't copy the design. It's so simple and perfect.

After having used BB10 active frames, the iOS card system seems infuriating touchy and endless. It moves so fast and there are so many apps that end up getting left open. Another reason I couldn't go back.

The one thing that might someday push me back toward the Apple camp is the Email app. Apple is heads and shoulders above Blackberry. I am able to access every folder, every email, search the server, etc. Blackberry's mail is needlessly limited--a holdover from when Blackberry's servers beamed compressed mail in the BlackBerry7 days.

Anyway, iOS7 is just too overdesigned I think. If that's even possible. I feel like my eyes are bleeding. It does have some beautiful and consistent designwork, but I'll tak BB10 dark theme any day over it.
    09-22-13 11:44 PM
    Double post.
    Please delete.
    09-22-13 11:46 PM
    Re: email

I'm curious about this. Maybe it's a specific email you are using?

On my Z10 I can access all my folders for both a Gmail and outlook account and do remote lookup if it isn't found locally on my device.

After playing with iOS7-img_20131039.png

Though, to be fair, I'm on 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:49 PM
    Even after setting the folders to sync, I am not able to access saved emails. These emails were saved to folders prior to owning a BB10 device.

Thoughts? I'm not sure you're right about being able to search the server or access saved emails properly.
    09-22-13 11:58 PM
    US it remote search that you are referring to?

After playing with iOS7-img_20131041.png

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 12:16 AM
    I installed iOS7 on my iPhone 4S
    Over all I'm not happy with it. They have streamlined it, and although it's an improvement, it's still not very efficient. I hate the colors too. However my biggest complaint with it is that my iPhone 4S is now laggy. This has caused me all sorts of problems & annoyances. Also, the screen is not near as responsive any more. I now often have to make multiple swipes just to switch screens, and don't get me started with trying to move icons. I have to use the corner of my pinky because it finds my fingers too fat!
    09-23-13 01:42 AM
    I like iOS7, and their scheduled launch is very good compared to BB

But from the phone itself, I like BB10 more, Swiping feels very important here, while swiping on iPhone is like a bonus to go inside an app.

My only wish is BB10 has more apps like the App Store...
    09-23-13 01:50 AM
    look here:

Attachment 203403

and here

Attachment 203404

than go to the Blackberry Screen shot thread

and judge again... ;-)

I must have missed something..

Can someone tell me when the iPhone was acquired by "Fisher-Price" ?

Posted on a Post-It!
    digitalman101 and BCITMike like this.
    09-23-13 08:42 AM
    I have tried the iOS7, but it was not my thing.
    09-23-13 04:14 PM
    I must have missed something..

Can someone tell me when the iPhone was acquired by "Fisher-Price" ?

Posted on a Post-It!
    Haha

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:12 PM
    So I loaded the new Apple OS on my unused iPhone 5, and I've got to say, it's the most well-realized mobile OS I've ever used. It's charming, fun to use, quick, convenient. Really very simple and clever. Swipes are well implemented (though I think swipe detection is better on BB10).

Blackberry still beats it on many fronts, like swiping and keyboard implementation. Multitasking. Hub is more useful than Notification center. Browser. Share button. Search. File browser. (these thing matter more to me than ease of use and attractiveness).

Still, the new iOS7 is quicker to navigate. I still prefer BB10, but I'm wavering. Blackberry could steal a thing or two from Apple (after all, Apple took ideas from BlackBerry and WebOS). But with this on the market, I find it hard to believe that anyone might not be swayed. It's really not too feminine or pastel-coloured to work as a man's OS. It's almost no-nonsense the way iOS7 works, surprisingly.

Anyway, what are your guys thoughts? What could BlackBerry learn from this new major release? I wish we had a mini app drawer that could be accessed from lock screen, fewer ways to access the same apps, and less confusing in app contacts navigation. Also, BlackBerry should steal the swiping implementation from the camera app (swiping left and right switches between aspect ratios, video, and panorama). Siri is also greatly improved, and Blackberry's voice commands almost never work for me.
    I was very pleasantly surprised by it. I didn't object to anything in 6 but 7 seems like a real improvement to me. The notification center is great for me as it has my calendar and reminders in one place. Also, I like the swipe up controls for things like Bluetooth on and off. I also like the flatter icons and more stark text. Siri seems better too.
    09-23-13 09:44 PM
    iOS is terrible, and one of the reasons I am here. Bye Bye Apple.
    09-23-13 11:20 PM
    Could've at least done at least themes on iOS 7 or maybe a decent gray or darker color schemes. Jeez Apple. Way to go.

Sent from my Motorola Startac
    09-26-13 11:05 PM
42 12