So I loaded the new Apple OS on my unused iPhone 5, and I've got to say, it's the most well-realized mobile OS I've ever used. It's charming, fun to use, quick, convenient. Really very simple and clever. Swipes are well implemented (though I think swipe detection is better on BB10).

Blackberry still beats it on many fronts, like swiping and keyboard implementation. Multitasking. Hub is more useful than Notification center. Browser. Share button. Search. File browser. (these thing matter more to me than ease of use and attractiveness).

Still, the new iOS7 is quicker to navigate. I still prefer BB10, but I'm wavering. Blackberry could steal a thing or two from Apple (after all, Apple took ideas from BlackBerry and WebOS). But with this on the market, I find it hard to believe that anyone might not be swayed. It's really not too feminine or pastel-coloured to work as a man's OS. It's almost no-nonsense the way iOS7 works, surprisingly.

Anyway, what are your guys thoughts? What could BlackBerry learn from this new major release? I wish we had a mini app drawer that could be accessed from lock screen, fewer ways to access the same apps, and less confusing in app contacts navigation. Also, BlackBerry should steal the swiping implementation from the camera app (swiping left and right switches between aspect ratios, video, and panorama). Siri is also greatly improved, and Blackberry's voice commands almost never work for me.
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 09-19-13 at 12:23 PM.
    09-19-13 09:24 AM
    Don't know about you.. but I won't use Ios7 during meetings or professional events... it looks like facebook, or MSN on windows 8..
    09-19-13 09:58 AM
    IOS 7 looks like it was made for kinder-gardeners. Wouldnt mind trying it out but wouldnt want to use it every day
    09-19-13 09:58 AM
    So I loaded the new Apple OS on my unused iPhone 5, and I've got to say, it's the most well-realized mobile OS I've ever used. It's charming, fun to use, quick, convenient. Really very simple and clever. Swipes are well implemented (though I think swipe detection is better on BB10).

Blackberry still beats it on many fronts, like swiping and keyboard implementation. Multitasking. Hub is more useful than Notification center. Browser. Share button. Search. File browser. (these thing matter more to me than ease of use and attractiveness).

Still, the new iOS7 is quicker to navigate. I still prefer BB10, but I'm wavering. Blackberry could steal a thing or two from Apple (after all, Apple took ideas from BlackBerry and WebOS). But with this on the market, I find it hard to believe that anyone might not be swayed. It's really not to feminine or pastel-coloured too work as a man's OS. It's almost no-nonsense the way iOS7 works, surprisingly.

Anyway, what are your guys thoughts? What could BlackBerry learn from this new major release? I wish we had a mini app drawer that could be accessed from lock screen, fewer ways to access the same apps, and less confusing in app contacts navigation. Also, BlackBerry should steal the swiping implementation from the camera app (swiping left and right switches between aspect ratios, video, and panorama). Siri is also greatly improved, and Blackberry's voice commands almost never work for me.
    Have you noticed any cases where BlackBerry seems to "LEARN" from the successes of others?
    On the other hand both MS and Apple are KNOW for taking existing technology, tweaking it and maybe applying it just a little differently and providing a better user experience (and more money for themselves).

The keywords you used are quick, convenient and simple... that pretty much sums up the iOS user experience, and is why it is so popular. Not the most powerful, it just simple works.
    09-19-13 10:02 AM
    look here:

After playing with iOS7-img_0573.jpg

and here

After playing with iOS7-img_0574.jpg

than go to the Blackberry Screen shot thread

and judge again... ;-)
    09-19-13 10:06 AM
    The only thing I like about it is the alerts and Ringtones. I wish blackberry had them

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:08 AM
    Apple is really good as simplifying tasks and making things no-brainer but based on some of problems people have been having with upgrading, I think they're losing their touch. I think BlackBerry 10 does well with making things easy to operate, with the exception of the learning curve that goes with gestures. Hopefully those tutorial videos will help and I think adding the Hub icon will help those who need it and those who don't need it can simply delete the icon.

I'm not a fan of the colors they chose with iOS7. I'm also not a big fan of the colors of BB10 and that gray icon background.

Overall, it seems to me that BB10 is much more powerful and has more potential. Take for example the file explorer with integrated Dropbox and remote file access. WiFi direct, and the others.
    09-19-13 10:11 AM
    A friend of mine downloaded it on his ip5....and hates it...says its like they design ed it for 15yr old girls. anyways he put his ip5 on kijiji now lmfao.

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    09-19-13 10:20 AM
    I updated my work-issued iPhone5. The color scheme reminds me Easter! LOL! Happy Easter!
    STV0726 likes this.
    09-19-13 10:22 AM
    My roommate put it on his ipad and thinks it's for girls lol

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:28 AM
    I loaded it on my iPhone 4. It is an improvement overall, but I don't really like it that much. The wallpapers and ringtones are great though. The swiping is taken directly from BlackBerry 10. The multitasking is from PlayBook and WebOS. The sad part is people will think Apple invented it. I corrected a few people the other day when they were excitedly talking about iOS 7 and the 3D-ish effect of the icons and how Apple made it. I informed them that it's actually from TAT. They didn't have much to say haha. Twitter was abound with complaints yesterday, as well. It's better, but not really what they should have done...

Posted via CB10
    sickmode7 and ezin_josh like this.
    09-19-13 10:40 AM
    I see a real threat to NFC through iBeacons, this is something that a lot of people have overlooked

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:44 AM
    My father a huge Apple buyer is telling me "iOS 7 is a big fail..."

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:44 AM
    All my family use iphones they all load it on theyre ipad and iphones, my mom and my sister are more in love of apple than ever (they like those pastel colors)... Only my dad was like: uhh its ok... Hes looking more at the multitask and all the other system upgrades, i played with it yesterday but for me it feels like an old iOS with a theme and some tweeks from cydia... Nothing really impressive... I still prefer my z10 over that ...
    09-19-13 10:54 AM
    I downloaded Apple IOS7 for my wife Iphone 4s last night and I dislike its color scheme of icons. BlackBerry BB10 is a lot better swiping than the IOS7. With BB10.2, Blackberry left competitors in the dust. The only problem with BB10 is not enough major apps. If it spends the money to get those major apps, BB10.2 will be the best of the best software for the next century.
    shads77 likes this.
    09-19-13 10:56 AM
    you still can downgrade iOS 7 to 6 before apple stop it . i already downgrade it on my ipad.

many new feature are good addition but the design are very ugly and the keyboard are to bright for my eyes.
    09-19-13 11:02 AM
    I have to say those colors turn me off. You can not change them?
    09-19-13 11:06 AM
    I downloaded on my iPad mini and had a few personal over stations. The one thing I like is the control/ launch center, blackberry has had something like that since OS 6 and it was one of the main reasons I never moved to iPhone.

Otherwise I really just view it as design changes, which are okay. It's fresh, modern and has some nice animations but there are quite a few colours that may not be for everyone.

Multitasking is still too slow for me when compared to BB10, messaging just isn't intuitive enough, the swipes are weird with 4 fingers but I like them. The keyboard could have used an update because I'm way quicker on the bb10 keyboard and hitting that little X for auto correct sucks.

I like having both, there are good and bads to each. I have the quickness and efficiency of BB10 and apps galore with iOS.

*This is all my personal opinion

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 11:15 AM
    Anyway, what are your guys thoughts? What could BlackBerry learn from this new major release?
    Simple enough... AVAILABILITY !!!
    Every single person on this earth who own the supported iOS device for the updates can install the OS immediately.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    09-19-13 12:21 PM
    look here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0573.jpg 
Views:	3495 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	203403

and here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0574.jpg 
Views:	3499 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	203404

than go to the Blackberry Screen shot thread

and judge again... ;-)
    Are you trying to tell me that Blackberry users have poor taste in wallpapers?

The icon designs are at least modern. I dislike the candy-colours as much as the next guy. But until you've used the OS, one can't comment on the ux. It's really very smooth, simple, and easy to get simple tasks accomplished. I can do complex things on my Q10 with ease (moreso than with any other mobile OS), but it's simple tasks that are sometimes very laborious or confusing.
    09-19-13 12:30 PM
    I see a real threat to NFC through iBeacons, this is something that a lot of people have overlooked

Posted via CB10
    How so? iBeam is just wide area location based bluetooth...been around for years...NFC on the other hand is a controlled, close proximity transfer of data. Less chance for packet interception and greater security. iBeam (bluetooth) will be used for coupons and discount codes etc, when you walk by a store with an iBeam beacon installed. NFC is already part of most Visa/MasterCard/Debit terminals today and is on your cards today. (that's what paypass, paywave and taptopay is all about)
    Supa_Fly1 and playbookster like this.
    09-19-13 01:01 PM
    I've read an article about that on SA.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:05 PM
    and the keyboard was never touched..
    09-19-13 01:19 PM
    some parts are good some ok and some kiddish and useless,that sums it up.
    But many ios 6 users will feel the multitasking difference
    09-19-13 01:50 PM
    I hate ios7. I hate the colors and the way the phone looks now. I may be going back to my Q10.
    09-19-13 04:04 PM
42 12