There are four Moto Gs in my house. Each of my children have one that they use on WiFi only and the things are just fantastic for the money.

Right now, you can buy a brand new Verizon Wireless Moto G without a contract for $49 from Best Buy. Sorry folks, but there is no way any BB10 device is a better value than that. No BB10 device even comes close. For less than a decent dinner for two, you can have a very well equipped smartphone with all of the apps a person could ever want and a very good, near vanilla Android experience. The cherry on top? No ugly Verizon branding.
    Does it work with any US carrier, or only Verizon?
    06-04-14 01:48 PM
    I have one more year on my contract my z10 has been fantastic it has never given me any issues, just a smooth running phone, but yes I will admit the future of Blackberry does concern me and sometimes there is apps I would love though I am not a major app person.
    So till my contract ends I will be pondering, the obvious upgrade would be the z30 , however o2 is not offering this phone even the z10 is not being offered anymore, just the q5 and q10. I have had an Android phone in 2013 and I do not like the experience, the Blackberry 10 is brilliant and severely underrated it is very easy system to use.
    But I do not want to purchase a phone that latter on the company ceases to function, and I am trying to be positive but companies are in business to make money not take regular losses, so who knows this could be my last year with Blackberry or I could just stick what I have now, I guess I will cross that bridge when it comes
    06-04-14 01:48 PM
    If you are going to give it a try, I would recommend the Fleksy keyboard. Closest to the bb10 keyboard I found during my time on android.
    Closest in appearance, and some of the gestures are similar, but the correction functionality is atrocious and very frustrating...plus the "badges" thing they added to try and make it a social game type of app is really irritating.
    06-04-14 02:02 PM
    No offense OP...but I'm sure you don't broadcast your decision when making a slew of other purchasing decisions. I don't really understand the desire or need to do so for a darn phone. Your decision to go with another device is as much your choice as for people who willingly stay with BlackBerry. Not that big of deal really.

Does it matter why in either case? Not imo. But good luck to you and to all that left the BlackBerry platform and found greener (or whiter) grass on the other side.
    litig8or98 and freedomx20a like this.
    06-04-14 02:02 PM
    No offense OP...but I'm sure you don't broadcast your decision when making a slew of other purchasing decisions. I don't really understand the desire or need to do so for a darn phone. Your decision to go with another device is as much your choice as for people who willingly stay with BlackBerry. Not that big of deal really.
    If you believe it or not these threads are important and valuable. If long term customers are dropping BlackBerry i'd want to know why especially if the information was free. These threads may add value for future BlackBerry devices, something which may stop you from jumping ship in the future.

Its all good being a BlackBerry fan but honesty and transparency has to run parallel with this too. Yes 10.3 is good and the effort from the new devices but to not have wifi on my Z10, Q10 or Z30 is a joke. I did think I could've had a bad Z30 with problems but as in my previous post the ignored wifi problem is widespread !!

Michael C says something like You spoke we listened..as in feedback...as in threads like these
    ClevelandBB likes this.
    06-04-14 02:34 PM
    If your T-Mobile account is current and your phone has only a few payments left on it or it is already paid off, T-Mobile will unlock it for FREE!

I have had them do this with ALL of my BB phones, whether I have purchased them from T-Mobile or from private individuals.

Call their customer service, let them know you need to get your phone unlocked 'cause you are going to Europe, they will ask for your phones IME and you should receive your unlocking code and instructions within 72 hours at the latest at NO COST!

I usually receive the code in less than 24 hours. Good luck and enjoy your unlocked BB!
    06-04-14 03:22 PM
    Does it work with any US carrier, or only Verizon?
    Nope, Sadly no Verizon phone will work on any US carrier besides Verizon. They lock their phones down like that.

Two of the four Moto Gs I've bought were unlocked GSM versions. Those will work on a ton of networks and the older two kids have them and will probably have service added to them soon. The unlocked GSM version can't be had for only 50 bucks, but at that price, you can't beat a VZW Moto G for a WiFi only smartphone.
    06-04-14 04:31 PM
    To each is own...I've been here for 14 years, and it keeps getting better! bottom line! whatever phone suits your needs!

Posted via my Kick @ss Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-04-14 04:35 PM
    i guess bye then. hmm maybe you have been stuck to a platform for far too long let us know if you come back i was actually thinking of going to android since my dad wanted my Z10 for the camera and he said i could get a 200 dollar phone so i thought "hey i can get a Q5 yay time for my keyboard to return!" but then looked at the moto g and liked it maybe android runs better than it did on my motorola cliq. I was so close to pulling the trigger when i looked at the Q10 just in case if the price went down and it did to 250$ i ordered that sucker quick! also i was worried about the company too but realized they still have time not much maybe? but yea time to still change things
    06-04-14 05:19 PM
    Both of the people I know with the Z30 here in Richmond love it.

Maybe I can help a bit. How did you add your gmail account? Did you check under Settings>Accounts>Google and make sure that they are set to sync?

In the GMail app itself - you can swipe from the left of the screen to open the menu and scroll down to the bottom to find the settings and alter them there as well. Hopefully that helps you somewhat.

Playlist syncing is a bit of an annoyance - You are correct it is best to do it with an app over wifi. With BB10 you just use BlackBerry Link.
    Thanks. Still notice syncing is slower and I must open different mail clients for yahoo and gmail. Even gmail I must switch accounts to see the email. Maybe just spoiled.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-04-14 05:21 PM
    After 10 minutes I left this thread.
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-04-14 05:32 PM
    I think OP needs a Z30.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    Ya I agree

BB Proud
    06-04-14 07:21 PM
    I understand the app issue because I own a Windows Phone, my z10 and a Samsung galaxy note 2

The Z10 is undoubtedly the best device for messaging, without any peer. The touchscreen keyboard is outstanding. It's fluid, fast and I couldn't imagine being without it.

The windows phone is a Lumia 1020 and that offers me the best imaging on a phone class devices imaginable and I use the camera an awful lot.

But what the note 2 is for is the apps, because that is a real issue on the other 2. I have to use the note for all kinds of personal and business apps. If BlackBerry Or a windows phone could offer the same depth and support for all as the android, I'd no longer need the note.

In reality, I need the note. I wish I didn't, but I don't. Banking apps, none of mine are on BlackBerry and only a couple on windows phone, but they're all on android...

News apps, games like words with friends, not crazy 3D stuff, not on BlackBerry.

I would use my BlackBerry far far more if the apps were there, but they just aren't. That's the bottom line.

Posted via CB10
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    06-04-14 07:24 PM
    I have one more year on my contract my z10 has been fantastic it has never given me any issues, just a smooth running phone, but yes I will admit the future of Blackberry does concern me and sometimes there is apps I would love though I am not a major app person.
    So till my contract ends I will be pondering, the obvious upgrade would be the z30 , however o2 is not offering this phone even the z10 is not being offered anymore, just the q5 and q10. I have had an Android phone in 2013 and I do not like the experience, the Blackberry 10 is brilliant and severely underrated it is very easy system to use.
    But I do not want to purchase a phone that latter on the company ceases to function, and I am trying to be positive but companies are in business to make money not take regular losses, so who knows this could be my last year with Blackberry or I could just stick what I have now, I guess I will cross that bridge when it comes
    I'm glad you said that about experience. I also prefer bb10 apps over android apps. Ftw all my staff have BlackBerry except one who has an iphone and one with a Samsung. I also believe the BlackBerry experience for apps is better.

I'm looking forward to my next BlackBerry but I'm not sure it can beat my Z30.

BB Proud
    06-04-14 07:26 PM
    Oh, I'm definitely not getting rid of my Z10, just in case. I might try playing around with my brother's Moto G for a while just to see what life with Android would be like.

Posted via CB10
    I think this (what you've just said) is exactly the trick. Having access to a device for a long enough period of time to determine if it's the right one for you, so that you don't find yourself with buyers remorse too soon down the track. I'm still loving my Z10 - which is getting better with each update - but I can definitely see the lure and appeal of other devices and OS's.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 07:50 PM
    I can't believe I've even come to this. I've had a BlackBerry since about 6th grade, but I don't think I can keep with it. Don't get me wrong, I do like BB10, but it's tough to justify staying anymore. Before jumping at my throat, please read. I know some of you will say "good riddance" or whatever, but for those who are actually interested, this might be a helpful post. I've never owned anything but BlackBerry, so this could be a good barometer as to what's going wrong with the company.

This all kind of started with the announcement of the S5 and then really hit when the LG G3 was announced. After seeing the hardware differences and no real information on when (or even if) there's a new all-touch BlackBerry on the way, I was a little worried. Now, after really looking more into Android and its top phones, I realize how aggravating BB10 can be. It has gotten better and is very good for such a young OS, but I've come to realize that the app support is not going to come. Customers are leaving and support is dwindling.

I shouldn't have to patch an app to get Google Play services, I shouldn't have to rely on 3rd party developers that will never keep up with the new features that the real app releases (no offense to them), I shouldn't not be able to participate in a group chat, I shouldn't have to see diamonds with question marks because someone put in an emoji (something that every other phone can see).

I know not all of these are important to everyone, but they are just some of the things on a long list that don't quite work for my desires. I want to keep with BlackBerry, but it's not a bright future. I've always been that person who defends this phone to death, but it's getting tough.

Even if BlackBerry came out with great new hardware in September or October, it would most likely be on par (maybe) with the S5, but it would be 5 months late to the game.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on why you all stay and how you don't get insanely aggravated.

Posted via CB10
    BYE!!!! Leave your login at the door on your way out......
    06-04-14 07:57 PM
141 ... 456