Okay so I read a lot on here that the Android Runtime is not getting updated any further on BB10. So lately, I get a few updates for the three Amazon apps that I do use on my Passport SE. But only recently (Offical OTA shopBB unlocked, when I update the one or two Amazon apps it's taking like over 5 minutes. The screen will grey out while in Amazon Store and you see faintly in the background of the screen "downloading .apk" and a countdown timer. Usually it's like 15 seconds and goes down. But now it's like 4 mins 48 seconds. Or longer! Is it just a big file? Or should I just not be updating Amazon apps any longer since we don't have an updated Android Runtime? I just figure having the most up to date app will help it run smotoher.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 01:03 PM
    if you haven't used Cobalt's method, i don't believe you CAN update. That timer probably doesn't mean anything as that app is never going to work. If you update using AMazon, your phone cannot run the app....the runtime is too low.
    03-01-17 04:20 PM
    I'm not sure if it actually IS updating it or not, but the apps DO work. I haven't used Cobalt. So these are all apps on the Amazon App Store. I'm wondering if I should continue to hit update? Cus like you said our Runtime is so low. But so far, even after those long update times, the apps still open and work like normal. So I guess if it's not actually updating when I hit 'update' then it doesn't matter. My question is irrelevant. But if it IS in fact updating when I hit 'update', will there come a time where the app will no longer open? Because of my out of date Runtime? Because as of right now they still work. It's just been taking forever to "update" lately.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 09:28 PM
    I'll take a screenshot the next time it asks for an update from Amazon App store to show you what I'm seeing...

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 09:29 PM
    'Larger' files (20MB and upwards) have always taken a long time to install on the Amazon Appstore. If you leave it long enough it will install. Nobody has ever investigated the case of this as far as I am aware, probably because of a lack of interest. It would have been great if Amazon could have taken over ownership and development of the runtime on BB10.

With respect to your query about updates, you will not be offered updates for any apps that require runtime 4.4 or above. Your app will keep working as before, but it will never be updated again.
    03-01-17 09:35 PM
    The Amazon App store has just recently had an update. If I were you, I would manually check to see if you can update it. Having said that, the Amazon App store has ALWAYS been pokey. I have noticed, though, that since I updated it a few days ago it does work a bit better.
    03-01-17 10:29 PM
    Okay got it. I just thought cus I've updated and used Amazon apps for over a year and never took more than a minute or a min and a half. But I do remember these updates being larger. Thanks. I just didn't know if I was shooting myself in the foot by continuing to update the few I use.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 11:37 PM