Hi together,
    i just joined the 21th senctuary by owning a smartphone!

Problem:
    I organise my Mails via PC and BB, but i am not able to recive answered Mails or new written once with my BB at the PC (so the Mailhisory of those is only shown on the BB not PC!). How can i implement that?
    My first idea was to setup an IMAP client. But I was not able to test this due to not connecting to my mailprovider (i tried out all possible combinations of adresses and ports!)

Facts:
    First: I am German... so if u dont understand something pls question me. I try to improve the description!
    Mailprovider: 1&1
    PC-Client: Thunderbird (setup with pop: but copies will be present at the server!)
    BB-Client: Standart (pop setup works just fine, imap doesn't)
    BB-Software: 10.1.0.4181

Here are two links to the official 1&1-website were i got all my connection information from: (its german!)
    a)
    hilfe-center.1und1.de/smartphones-und-handys-c84081/blackberry-betriebssystem-c8 5120/e-mail-konto-imap-einrichten-ab-blackberry-10-os-a793498.html
    b)
    1&1 Hilfe Center - Einstellungen f�r Ihr E-Mail-Programm

if u need any more information pls let me know!

Thank you a lot!
    Last edited by scholk; 08-25-13 at 02:00 PM.
    08-25-13 09:09 AM
    Hi scholk,

First of all welcome to the crackberry forums !

In regards to your issue, I don't read German so I'm not going to bother clicking their links.. I'm not familiar with 1&1 do you know if they support IMAP or EAS? What you are hoping to accomplish won't work using POP so we will need to pick a diffrent protocol..

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 09:16 AM
    What do you mean when you say IMAP setup doesn't work? Are you getting an error message?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 09:29 AM
    Hi there, i was positvie suprised when i saw already progress at my thread after comming home: graet!

@just_luc: Yes my provider, 1&1, supports the IMAP protocol. You can easy ferify that by checking the second link and look at the grid!
    1&1 is payed by me. So i should be allowed to use there service...

@nelsonjtw: Yes i get an error message from my BB Q10. It mentions that it is not able to apply the connection to the provider:

after changing the settings from POP to IMAP i will submit it. Than wait... and get following message (translated on my own):
    "the server for account 1&[email protected] [imap.1und1.de, Port:993] is not accessible. maybe setups are incorret or the server is temporary down. Check settings and try again."

just for me to check: I only changed the Serveraddress from pop.1und1.de to imap.1und1.de with the relevant ports as well (from pop: 995 to imap: 993) as mentioned at the links posted before. All the other settings remain unchanged as they work fine with pop. in addition i check if its coded via SSL and choose the right port for SSL, too. right?

just for u all i can show you my settings so we have something to talk about =) even though its written in german the settings and the order should be the same on your device!:

Beschreibung: 1&1-Server
    Anzeigename: [email protected]
    Benutzername: [email protected]
    E-Mail-Adresse: [email protected]
    Kennwort: xxxxxxx

Serveradresse: imap.1und1.de
    Port:993
    SSL verwenden: yes

SMTP-Benutzername: [email protected]
    SMTP-Kennwort: xxxxxxx
    SMTP-Serveradresse: smtp.1und1.de
    SMTP-Port: 465
    SMTP-Verschl�sselung: yes
    Synchr.-Intervall: 30min

tried some versions without SSL (dont work as well -.-) but where is the point not to code your messages if its possible and supported?!
    Last edited by scholk; 08-25-13 at 02:58 PM.
    08-25-13 02:14 PM
    Again, I don't speak/read any German, so I can't verify any of your settings. But from a cursory glance they appear correct.

I suggest calling your service provider and trouble shooting with them.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 03:16 PM
    Have you tried using a Gmail or Yahoo! account? It would be interesting to see if some other IMAP account works on your device

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 03:34 PM
    i have a web.de account. imap with web.de works in reciving and sending on the BB. But i still cant see the mailhistory via PC.

so something is still "not right" ideas?

looks like the issue with 1&1 is not a BB Problem, more a problem of choosing the right port (?!) or setup in generall

------------

Update: a delet and resetup of the mailaccount on the BB leaded me to success.... with just the same settings as mentioned in the links. to me the problem was coursed by me editing a former POP setup into an IMAP setup. But in the Background were still some (to me unknown or visual) settings imbedded.
    Last edited by scholk; 08-26-13 at 05:40 AM.
    08-25-13 04:29 PM
    I'm very happy to hear the issue is resolved!

Tschuss

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:40 AM