Last week when the 10.2 leak dropped I immediately jumped on that bandwagon. I tried different methods and autoloaders to get the restore to work with no luck. Most people that got it going said to do a security wipe after the setup. I tried it several ways with no luck. However the speed, new features, increased battery life made it all very alluring. I ran it for a few days with no restore, but there are many things I cant live without. I hadn't taken any alternate routes to backup my remember notes or contacts but still ran the os the best I could with an incomplete contact list and no saved settings/app content. By Sunday I had to go back to 10.1.0.2354 hybrid to start a new work week.

While following CB forums I kept reading that some people were successful in getting a backup restored. I thought I would give it a go one more time today.

Here are the steps I tried to get it running today, the last bit ending in a successful restore from a 10.1.0.2354 backup.

1) Install 10.2.0.228, run setup, sign in to BBID, attempt restore: FAIL
    2) Security wipe of 10.2.0.228, run setup, sign in to BBID, attempt restore: FAIL
    3) Sideload apps from .341 DEV os zip found HERE, attempt restore: FAIL
    4)Security wipe, run setup, sign into BBID, attempt restore: FAIL
    5)Security wipe, run setup, DONT sign into BBID, attempt restore in bblink, it will complain that no BBID is associated with device, hit CANCEL, go into Z10 settings and sign in to BBID, retry restore: SUCCESS!

Ok, not super exicting perhaps but I have all I need now to get me by until a more functional/complete leak/release presents itself. I hope this helps someone because it seems I'm not alone on the restore failure.
    06-18-13 02:03 PM
    great to see, i had a lot of HUB issues on the 10.2 leak so i rolled back to Bell Official
    06-18-13 02:11 PM
    At least we all have a method to try now, thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot
    06-18-13 02:12 PM
    Will give it a try as soon as I'm back home

Posted via CB10

tried it and all kinds of ways did not work for me it keeps stopping at 216kb.
    i'm done with this 10.2. **** for now and go back to 10.1.
    its worthless without being able to restore data
    Last edited by bbschorsch; 06-18-13 at 05:51 PM.
    06-18-13 02:49 PM
    Wow I so wish you would have posted this last night as I installed 10.2 and was trying everything. Back on the 10.1 hybrid now. Sigh. LoL. I'm going to wait til the next more stable 10.2 since I was up til 4am last night.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 03:18 PM
    Sadly, this did not work for me. Was worth a shot to have some hope. I really like the 10.2 leak, but if I can't get my BB Remember and BB Password keeper files, it is really not worth it.
    06-18-13 03:25 PM
    I am going through a similar weird process. Suddenly my Z10 would not communicate with Link. I reloaded Link - nothing. Finally, decided to do a reload from Link. It did its thing and kept me at 10.2.0.228. I am now finally connected to Link and doing a restore from a 10.1 back-up...interestingly, it would not restore a backup I did this morning on 10.2. I was beginning to think Link and 10.2 were enemies. Oh well, we will see if this completes.
    06-18-13 03:50 PM
    Last week when the 10.2 leak dropped I immediately jumped on that bandwagon. I tried different methods and autoloaders to get the restore to work with no luck. Most people that got it going said to do a security wipe after the setup. I tried it several ways with no luck. However the speed, new features, increased battery life made it all very alluring. I ran it for a few days with no restore, but there are many things I cant live without. I hadn't taken any alternate routes to backup my remember notes or contacts but still ran the os the best I could with an incomplete contact list and no saved settings/app content. By Sunday I had to go back to 10.1.0.2354 hybrid to start a new work week.

While following CB forums I kept reading that some people were successful in getting a backup restored. I thought I would give it a go one more time today.

Here are the steps I tried to get it running today, the last bit ending in a successful restore from a 10.1.0.2354 backup.

1) Install 10.2.0.228, run setup, sign in to BBID, attempt restore: FAIL
    2) Security wipe of 10.2.0.228, run setup, sign in to BBID, attempt restore: FAIL
    3) Sideload apps from .341 DEV os zip found HERE, attempt restore: FAIL
    4)Security wipe, run setup, sign into BBID, attempt restore: FAIL
    5)Security wipe, run setup, DONT sign into BBID, attempt restore in bblink, it will complain that no BBID is associated with device, hit CANCEL, go into Z10 settings and sign in to BBID, retry restore: SUCCESS!

Ok, not super exicting perhaps but I have all I need now to get me by until a more functional/complete leak/release presents itself. I hope this helps someone because it seems I'm not alone on the restore failure.
    Thanks for the information.

I followed the number 5 step plus using the latest BlackBerry Link and the 10.2.0.340 radio for stl 100-2 (mine is stl 100-2), did the restore and it was working in first attempt, said 100% restored. Everything's back except the browser bookmark.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:11 PM
    One thing I forgot to include is that I'm using the latest bblink 1.1 from beta zone. Also, I waited longer than a user should have to within the link software, before making any moves. For example I would wait until the progress circle stopped animating before engaging the restore options.

I hope at least someone can benefit from my investigations. Honestly I figured we would have a real leak by today.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:15 PM
    I'm running 10.2.340 and BB Link 1.1.1.26. I followed Step 5 and got past the Blackberry ID problem; however, whenever I try to restore, the restore process starts, but will not pass 0%, then ends and the phone reboots.

I already tried using airplane mode and timeout at 5 minutes, but that doesn't seem to work either.

All my apps are fine I just want to restore settings.

Ideas?
    06-20-13 12:09 AM
    I appreciate the post, mainely_linux. Glad you found a way to get it working.

I was trying 10.2.0.228 with Link 1.1.1.26.

I tried step #5 and a few variations.
    Even went back to an older OS, restored, and re-backed up separate Settings, App Data, Media backups as well.
    Tried again a couple times, but no go for me.

Similar to you, marcati, each time, I had the 0% bar for a second up to maybe 30 seconds before it crapped out.

For some reason, for some of us, restore 10.2.0.228 or .340 just isn't gonna work.

(Never thought to try airplane mode, and honestly didn't even know there was a timeout option in the Link settings, though.)
    06-20-13 01:01 AM
    I appreciate the post, mainely_linux. Glad you found a way to get it working.

I was trying 10.2.0.228 with Link 1.1.1.26.

I tried step #5 and a few variations.
    Even went back to an older OS, restored, and re-backed up separate Settings, App Data, Media backups as well.
    Tried again a couple times, but no go for me.

Similar to you, marcati, each time, I had the 0% bar for a second up to maybe 30 seconds before it crapped out.

For some reason, for some of us, restore 10.2.0.228 or .340 just isn't gonna work.

(Never thought to try airplane mode, and honestly didn't even know there was a timeout option in the Link settings, though.)
    I changed the screen timeout setting on the phone from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. Didn't think it would make a difference, but was trying to monitor on both the phone and the PC to see if there were any differences.
    FuriousK likes this.
    06-20-13 01:12 AM
    I changed the screen timeout setting on the phone from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. Didn't think it would make a difference, but was trying to monitor on both the phone and the PC to see if there were any differences.
    That screen timeout a good idea to help keep an eye on it.

I hadn't read about the airplane mode thing before, but I actually just had a restore hang at 9% (after installing 10.1.0.2354, not one of the 10.2s) and just did another search, where I saw that mentioned as well, so that's good to know.

Crazy all the little things you think of trying just because maybe they'll be the key to getting it to work!

Best of luck.
    marcati likes this.
    06-20-13 01:55 AM
    No love for Q10. I only read/hear that people using Z10 can restore their backup, one way or another. I tried them all on Q10 but no luck.
    06-20-13 06:19 AM
    No love for Q10. I only read/hear that people using Z10 can restore their backup, one way or another. I tried them all on Q10 but no luck.
    Not everyone. Other than the few people that have posted here, most people with Z10's that I know are not able to restore at all.
    06-20-13 06:35 AM
    That's not true, I have Z10 (SLT2) and i am unable to restore!
    06-28-13 03:06 AM
    z10 stl100-1 unable to restore on 10.2 and now loaded 10.1 and still cant restore!!
    07-02-13 02:43 AM
    z10 stl100-1 unable to restore on 10.2 and now loaded 10.1 and still cant restore!!
    For your 10.1 issue, is it possible your backup is from a newer version (2354 for example), but the 10.1 you currently have on there is older than that (like 2062)?
    If that's the case, you can edit the version number with Darcy's tool from here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-tools-824364/

If that's not the issue, maybe try a security wipe, or rerun the autoloader, and then retry the restore again?
    07-02-13 03:44 AM
    Your adventure is useful man ! i was on 10.2 and went back to 10.1.0.1720 and couldn't restore
    when i saw your thread I've said let's try nothing to lose ,,

1. did a security wipe , didn't sign into BBID
    2.thought of installing latest leak for STL1 which is 10.1.0.2354
    3. went through Setup didn't sign in BBID
    4.restore : failed
    5. sing BBID , restore and successfully done

although restore stuck at %100 , did a restart and everything is back

Thanks for your helpful adventure :P
    07-03-13 08:23 AM
    Thanks for the backup tool link, I have. Manually changed the version number on one of the backups, It didn't work, and I tried using a backup with the same os build still didn't work.

I finally managed to get it working using a very old backup, once that was restored to the phone, I had no problems using the newer backups to restore.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 12:13 PM
    Well f**k me it works! After a morning of pulling my hair out trying to restore (and get BB protect to work), this was my last hope. Thanks for sharing!
    08-06-13 03:13 PM
    Thnx bro!!!

What i did:
    1) Installed 10.2.0.1323, run setup, DONT sign into BBID, attempt restore in bblink, it will complain that no BBID is associated with device, hit CANCEL, go into settings and sign in to BBID, retry restore: SUCCESS!
    08-22-13 02:21 PM
    i am unable to restore a previous back up on my z10 STL 100-2. i was on OS 10.2.0.1743 and i took a back up. Then i upgraded to the new 10.2.1.1055. It worked and i was able to restore my back up. But in this OS wifi was not working at all. So i decided to reload this version. Ever since the second reload, my phone is unable to restore the backup. This is happening ever since i upgraded to 10.2.1.1055 and reloaded the second time. So i decided to go back to OS 10.2.0.1743 and now it is still unable to restore my previous backup. I also tried restoring the precious backup version of 10.2.0.1743, still its giving the following error :

it says : RESTORE DID NOT COMPLETE

"There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected"

FYI i had upgraded my BB Link software before upgrading my OS. Now i am stuck and unable to restore. Please help. I am completely handicapped and have no clue what to do.
    11-21-13 03:05 AM
    This original posting was NOT for the jump from 10.2.0 to 10.2.1...it's an older setup. You can't restore without a few problems. Best to reflash 10.2.1.1055 and no restore or reflash 10.2.0 and restore from 10.2.0 backup. Those are your choices. You are welcome in advance. Good Luck. Still stuck? feel free to PM me...I answer all.

Trusted Member Genius
    Edit: Try loading 1743, Security Wipe and load backup.
    11-21-13 03:55 AM