This is what I mean:
    I lost a setting under Language&Input since 1047 - feedback for word substitution e.g. vibrate on correction. Installed a few more leaks on top and it never came back. I asked around and ppl with same releases still have it.

Another one - with the new 1055 many people had the music player bug. I don't.
    MMS bug: for many folks the APN settings are wiped out when they do secure erase - mine aren't, they come with the SIM card.
    Account bugs: many have this bug, I don't.
    BBM bugs.
    There is more...
    I know it makes difference if you wipe or not, restore or not but I read so many complains about the above bugs and even after re-store and reflash they still have it.

I did many wipes and reflashes and the spelling bug is still missing.

Also, I recently got the "PS Attach" syndrom which requires messing with engineering screen every time phone or mobile network is turned off or else there is NO mobile data. Wiping, flashing, nor BB Link re-load can fix this bug.

So it seems to me there are hidden partitions on the device that Autoloader or wipe don't touch and hense all this problems.

Anyone have some thoughts/info/suggestions?

SQN100-5 T-Mobile unlocked with AT&T SIM 10.2.1.1055.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 01:23 PM
    Here are my thoughts: since this is a maturing and developing system, there will be problems with implementation of new updates based on the carrier, how you do it (OTA, through link, with a wipe or without, etc.) and what kind of use your device gets. But one thing BlackBerry NEEDS to work on is consistency for the future. Because I agree, it's ridiculous how inconsistent the system is when considering how many people experience a specific bug and how many do not.
    That's just what I think though.
    11-21-13 01:45 PM
    I agree with you. I am trying to get some more light of the technical aspect.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 02:25 PM
    Just my 2 cents here...How can BlackBerry be responsible for consistency when carriers slap programming on top of the phone when you first start it and before you even sign in to your BBID? I'm On Verizon and as I start the phone up on any new os...Verizon loads it's stuff...

Trusted Member Genius
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    11-21-13 02:25 PM
    Just my 2 cents here...How can BlackBerry be responsible for consistency when carriers slap programming on top of the phone when you first start it and before you even sign in to your BBID? I'm On Verizon and as I start the phone up on any new os...Verizon loads it's stuff...

Trusted Member Genius
    This is apparently one of the pluses from AT&T's lack of support for BB10 - I don't seem to get the amount of bloatware like I did on my last legacy device.

But to your point, the OS is absolutely consistent. The only variables are the install method and whether and how a restore is done. And what every carrier information and files are pushed to the device.
    11-21-13 02:36 PM
    I agree with you. I am trying to get some more light of the technical aspect.

Posted via CB10
    Ah my bad. Well as far as my technical knowledge goes, I don't know ****.
    11-21-13 02:42 PM
    But to your point, the OS is absolutely consistent. The only variables are the install method and whether and how a restore is done. And what every carrier information and files are pushed to the device.
    Then could you please explain how is "feedback for spell check" missing from my menu for the pas 10 wipes/re flashes?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 02:59 PM
    Then could you please explain how is "feedback for spell check" missing from my menu for the pas 10 wipes/re flashes?

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried going back to the official carrier release?
    11-21-13 03:01 PM
    Have you tried going back to the official carrier release?
    No, cause I am not missing that function that much.
    What I am trying to clear up here is why are these things happening - you have that, I don't. I've never run a restore on this phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:10 PM
    Feedback for word substitution>vibrate on correction is on my phone and I am running the same OS as you. My method for installing a leak is to backup all settings, data, and apps through Link. I use the autoloader to load the leak. I then restore my backup through Link. I do not wipe (except for personal hygiene) nor do I re-flash (since exposing oneself in public one time, let alone repeatedly is illegal).

I am wondering if this is more a Q than a Z issue, or if it has something more to do with the different version of the device. It is a conundrum.
    jose_trevizo likes this.
    11-21-13 03:12 PM
    I believe you it is.
    I was trying to fix that way back in time and I gave up.

Now since more bugs and issues are accumulating we need to look deeply into this.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Could be any number of reasons. The point is you can compare the files from one carrier to the next for changes. If the software release version and OS are the same they are identical subject to anything getting pushed from the carrier. (This should be qualified a little since a new release used the CFP command line function)

People install leaks over any number of previous OS releases and artifacts may remain from the old that could possibly corrupt newly flashed OS. Also, people have didn't apps loaded (some native, some sideloaded bars and some direct loaded apk's) which can affect how the OS operates.

I created my own autoloader for 1055/1057 after downloading the files, extracting and rebuilding. I also did a full restore coming from 10.2.0.1803 and I have had zero problems other than after loading a converted Yahoo Sports apk which, by the way runs perfectly smooth, but it conflicts with my ability to load up account settings. Uninstalling that app allows complete access to accounts.
    11-21-13 03:32 PM
    Did you do that with the new CFP function?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:41 PM
    My understanding is that an autoloader works like ghosting process (Northon Ghost).
    Did I got that right and if I did how is it possible to have old filess corrupting the new OS.
    It should do some sort of formatting of the OS parition.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:43 PM
    Did you do that with the new CFP function?

Posted via CB10
    I did not use CFP for this one. I just downloaded the original 1055 autoloader and the 1057 (dev) autoloader before that OP was edited and then extracted the signed OS from 1055 and signed radio from 1057 with Sachesi and used DBBT to combine the new files into a new autoloader. I assume revised post (with the full autoloader) used the same method, or similar, as what I did. But, the two signed files are identical in any event.
    11-21-13 03:48 PM
    My understanding is that an autoloader works like ghosting process (Northon Ghost).
    Did I got that right and if I did how is it possible to have old filess corrupting the new OS.
    It should do some sort of formatting of the OS parition.

Posted via CB10
    The autoloader does wipe, but it has been observed that remnants may exist from prior builds. Not sure why, but it apparently can happen. That is why some are proponents of wiping after a fresh install, but that typically leads to me having problems. I am pretty anal and backup my phone at least a couple times a week and then again before an install. A corrupt backup can lead to havoc as well even if it seems to restore properly.
    11-21-13 03:53 PM
    The autoloader does wipe, but it has been observed that remnants may exist from prior builds. Not sure why, but it apparently can happen. That is why some are proponents of wiping after a fresh install, but that typically leads to me having problems. I am pretty anal and backup my phone at least a couple times a week and then again before an install. A corrupt backup can lead to havoc as well even if it seems to restore properly.
    I'm one of those proponents of wiping after an install but I also reinstall the leak I want after wiping and I've found that minimizes most problems encountered

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:58 PM
    Just for my education, is the observation "remnants may exist" factual with evidence or anecdotal? And assuming an autoloader wipes, where would said remnants reside? I always wipe before and after installing and WRT 1055 had absolutely none of the issues in the many threads regarding 1055 (excepting that on my TMO Q10 100-5 the radio does not seem as strong as on the official 10.1.0.4200 and I don't seem to get LTE, just H).

11-21-13 05:12 PM
    Just for my education, is the observation "remnants may exist" factual with evidence or anecdotal? And assuming an autoloader wipes, where would said remnants reside? I always wipe before and after installing and WRT 1055 had absolutely none of the issues in the many threads regarding 1055 (excepting that on my TMO Q10 100-5 the radio does not seem as strong as on the official 10.1.0.4200 and I don't seem to get LTE, just H).
    I would say that an example of factual evidence is that with some who don't wipe when they install the leak it still asks for their password when it boots up for the first time

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 06:56 PM
    Anecdotal since I can't say for sure it has happened to me. But others have shared their stories that it happens. Theoretically it should not.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 08:00 PM
    Musing further I could only think that an autoloader may not wipe all partitions whereas a security wipe would (long shot I know but might explain the many differences reported).. I do think that many of the issues come from restoring and I never restore apps/settings but always start from scratch.

Anecdotal since I can't say for sure it has happened to me. But others have shared their stories that it happens. Theoretically it should not.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 08:11 PM
    Musing further I could only think that an autoloader may not wipe all partitions whereas a security wipe would (long shot I know but might explain the many differences reported).. I do think that many of the issues come from restoring and I never restore apps/settings but always start from scratch.
    People swear by the method of not restoring - thankful it has not caused me any issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 08:27 PM
    User error the majority of time.

Funny enough I haven't experienced the long list of 1055 bugs everyone is claiming.
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    11-21-13 08:30 PM
    User error the majority of time.

Funny enough I haven't experienced the long list of 1055 bugs everyone is claiming.
    Me either - strange isn't it

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 08:43 PM
    So far now, no one has any technical details. We are all guessing based on experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 10:18 PM
26 12