This may be specific to Telus Mobility but thought I would let the community know:

Those who are thinking about upgrading to build .4181 for the Q10 should make note of your advanced MMS settings. I upgraded to this build the other day and I am quite happy with the changes (despite the white calendar) but did waste a day trying to figure a problem regarding failure to send/receive MMS messages. My initial call to Telus and BlackBerry were not helpful as both companies pointed the blame at each other resulting in no resolution.

This seems to be a specific BlackBerry OS error but it does wipe out the advanced MMS settings of your carrier which is what is causing the error to occur. I made a thread in the BB Q10 lounge for those interested in reading what happens but be warned... make note of your advanced MMS settings (MMSC URL and PROXY URL) prior to updating to ensure if you have a similar problem, you can easily fix.

Good luck!
    07-31-13 09:20 PM
    thanks for the heads up!
    q10geek likes this.
    07-31-13 09:30 PM
    You are lucky you can access that menu, for its blacked out although I have unlocked my phone (T-mobile device, trying to use it with StraightTalsk ATT sim).
    07-31-13 10:14 PM
    thanks for the heads up!
    Your welcome! It's the least I can do so someone does not have to go through same problem. Thanks goes to you as well for being an active contributing member which helps being like me who run into these problems and for moderating the forums!
    08-01-13 12:14 AM
    You are lucky you can access that menu, for its blacked out although I have unlocked my phone (T-mobile device, trying to use it with StraightTalsk ATT sim).
    I know some settings are controlled through the carrier but on the Q10, you should have access to these settings. If not, you have the ability to create a new APN and call it: STATT (my abbreviation for StraightTalk AT&T) then lookup the settings for the MMSC URL and PROXY URL for StraightTalk AT&T. Once these are input, reboot your device and you should be operational.

Good luck!
    08-01-13 12:17 AM
    wish i would have sen this sooner. updated to 10.2.0.1047 and ran into this issue. worth a downgrade and reup to prevent that annoying issue. thank you again
    08-03-13 09:56 AM
    The new MR release added more options in the advanced settings (APN and MMSC Settings) of my Text Messages settings, so I'm VERY pleased.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    08-03-13 10:22 AM
    I have a Z10 with Telus. Mine were blank after the upgrade. I found the instructions for "non-Telus" mobile devices on Google but was always wondering what port 80 meant because I assumed everything goes port 80 by default and there was no port field. Finally after a few days of battery pulling, reset, and contemplating a security wipe, I put in the MMSC, Proxy URL and then added a :80 to the proxy URL and it started working.
    08-03-13 02:07 PM
    Hi
    After upgrade I can now see and change the advanced settings but they are not saved when I hit the back button. Any suggestions?
    08-08-13 11:51 AM
    I am very frustrated with this phone, spent 3 weeks on and off the phone to Voda and going into the shop and no one knows why it has suddenly decided to stop sending mms and text messages - looking for some help
    09-12-13 05:07 AM