It's been a while since revisiting this thread, and minding that advanced interactions still don't function as advertised on my shopBB z10 loaded with official 10.3.1. Everything else with the phone works great. *knock on wood*

Has anyone had this problem and tried a device wipe to remedy it?

Considering, the time it takes to wipe the device, reinstall and set all the settings up, and that I'm not experiencing any of the other reported bugs. Would it be worth it to wipe the device to get advanced interactions to work?

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    04-22-15 09:31 PM
    I assume you know that if you test the "Flip to Save Power", all your Advanced Interactions are then disabled ?

I use Flip to Mute and Hold to Stay Awake, but rarely Lift to Wake as it works only if the phone is face up and stationary for a while before pick up.
    04-23-15 02:14 AM
    I assume you know that if you test the "Flip to Save Power", all your Advanced Interactions are then disabled ?

I use Flip to Mute and Hold to Stay Awake, but rarely Lift to Wake as it works only if the phone is face up and stationary for a while before pick up.
    Flip to Save Power will even disable swipe to wake for me, so I've kept that off. The only one I'm interested in is Lift to Wake and that hasn't worked right since 10.3.0.

04-23-15 03:40 AM
    On my Z10 on autoloaded official 10.3.1 it does not matter what is enabled or what isn't. The only thing that sometimes works is Hold To Stay Awake. Flip To Save Power works once after switching it to ON. Then you have to switch it to off and to on again to make it work once more.
    As stated, even autoloaded from a blank multiwiped device did not make a difference, so you might wanna save you all that trouble.
    Sensors all work according BBVE test, so I have to assume that the OS just don't play nice with some phones for some unknown reason.
    sibeans likes this.
    04-23-15 07:12 PM
    On my Z10 on autoloaded official 10.3.1 it does not matter what is enabled or what isn't. The only thing that sometimes works is Hold To Stay Awake. Flip To Save Power works once after switching it to ON. Then you have to switch it to off and to on again to make it work once more.
    As stated, even autoloaded from a blank multiwiped device did not make a difference, so you might wanna save you all that trouble.
    Sensors all work according BBVE test, so I have to assume that the OS just don't play nice with some phones for some unknown reason.
    Ya, same here with all the BBVE tests passing. I'll just live with it and hope for an official update whenever it comes.

04-23-15 08:53 PM
    I live with it as well. The thing I wanna know is, what makes the difference if you have two phones, same OS, both pass all sensor tests and one has this working fine and the other doesn't.
    If I only knew the reason, it would be easier to accept.
    Because this doesn't make any sense.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 07:18 AM
    Oh, and BTW: How come that the LEAP has this functionality as well with half the sensors on board???

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 07:21 AM
    I'd be terrible if new devices like the Leap had this advertised feature not working out the box

04-24-15 11:17 AM
    I'd be terrible if new devices like the Leap had this advertised feature not working out the box

Exactly. Whether this feature is important or not to some people, it doesn't change the fact that potential new owners figure out that there is something that simply doesn't work.
    These people will rightfully complain and return or exchange devices, which in turn will further damage the reputation.
    If the option exists, it has to work. Or leave it be if you cannot pull it off!

Posted via CB10
    sibeans likes this.
    04-24-15 12:43 PM
    Not working, not good emough!!!!!

From my first ever BlackBerry (z10)
    05-18-15 02:04 PM
35 12