Let this be our safe space.
    Ok, now I get it.
    01-12-17 11:48 AM
    Ok, now I get it.
    Yes. I said it. This is our BB10 community. We don't need people telling us our OS is dead or our OS never had a chance and we need to move on in our community. Do I go into the Android forums and tell everyone what a joke the Android hub is? Or how Chen has sold so few Android devices he has given up? Of course, not.

Let them enjoy their devices and have their opinions and let us have ours.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 01:22 PM
    Yes. I said it. This is our BB10 community. We don't need people telling us our OS is dead or our OS never had a chance and we need to move on in our community. Do I go into the Android forums and tell everyone what a joke the Android hub is? Or how Chen has sold so few Android devices he has given up? Of course, not.

Posted via CB10
    Are you suggesting we get rid of people that don't agree with us?
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-12-17 01:29 PM
    Are you suggesting we get rid of people that don't agree with us?
    I'm suggesting that just like I don't go to Jet Magazine website forum to criticize Black Lives Matter and upset everyone, maybe people shouldn't criticize BB10 and rub salt in our wounds in the BB10 forums. I didn't say anyone should be banned.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 01:39 PM
    Let this be our safe space.
    01-12-17 01:56 PM
    We don't need people telling us our OS is dead or our OS never had a chance
    Posted via CB10
    In fairness, that type of talk is hardly out of the blue. It is usually in direct response to someone lambasting Chen for some decision he made, or some crazy suggestion as to what should have been done instead, or some nonsensical statement about BlackBerry Android, some delusion about the bright future of BB10, or some idiotic revisionist history lesson.
    Last edited by conite; 01-12-17 at 02:53 PM.
    01-12-17 02:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I thought CrackBerry is about BlackBerry. If you only want to hear 100% agreement with your opinion, why come here?
    01-12-17 04:20 PM
    Again, BB10 fans are constantly talking down anyone who doesn't share their priorities and perspectives as if they are naive or stupid.
    Yeah! -- 'cuz it hardly ever happens the other way around in the forums...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    01-12-17 05:25 PM
    I'll add my 2 cents: the BB community, in my opinion, has always been fun of the most hardcore fanboys i've ever met. Some, have even bordered on plain stupidity with how far they're willing to go to defend Blackberry. That being said, I am one of those people who seem anti-Blackberry. I think I am anti-Blackberry these days. Why? Because BB7.1 on my 9320 was never optimised. The browser is absolutely dire... I had a Classic and it was slow from day 1. I bought 2x DTEK50's and Blackberry's updates were late - despite them saying that a phone with late updates was a "sub-standard, sub-par device".

I've spent a fair bit of money on BB products. I've tried to love them. I just find that the software has lacked for a long time. I find that BB make crazy promises they don't keep. Yes, BB10 is dead in my opinion and Chen doesn't care because of this QNX thing with cars and becoming a "software" company... I put so much trust and faith into the BB brand that it hurts when it comes back and bites you in the ***.

I know this sounds extremely negative, but I don't think BB can come back from this now. Not after the Priv. Definitely not after the DTEK50. I'll be selling my 9320 in the coming week and I think my journey with Blackberry is now over unfortunately.
    01-12-17 07:15 PM
    Yeah! -- 'cuz it hardly ever happens the other way around in the forums...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    I don't know if it does because I never go over there except to read out of curiosity to see how Android is doing. Still doesn't explain crashing the BB10 boards. All we have left is our orphaned OS and our misery. Let us have these things.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 10:30 PM
    I don't know if it does because I never go over there except to read out of curiosity to see how Android is doing. Still doesn't explain crashing the BB10 boards. All we have left is our orphaned OS and our misery. Let us have these things.

Posted via CB10
    Our misery!?
    LMAOF
    01-12-17 10:48 PM
    Our misery!?
    LMAOF
    I'm using a little overstatement for humorous effect.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 10:59 PM
    Our misery!?
    LMAOF
    And misery loves company.
    01-12-17 11:24 PM
    Umm, I couldn't care less what device you or anyone else uses. I've always stated that one should use the device that suits one's needs. I use several devices - BB10 included.

I can also appreciate irony. When people state unequivocally that BB10 is by far more productive than anything else on the planet, and then proceed to say they lug a second device around with them, everywhere they go, to do all the things that BB10 can't, I can't help but wonder.
    I understand your point, but I also think there's a big difference between productivity and portability.

If someone actually needs a BB10 phone in one pocket and an Android phone in the other, and needs to switch between them constantly, then that might hamper productivity. On the other hand, keeping both open on a desk and doing unrelated tasks on each might be very productive. Or, using one 99% of the time and pulling the other one out once a day could also be very productive.

I "lug" around a number of devices in my kit, depending on the day, including the following:

Mobile Workstation (laptop) with Xeon processor -- the one device I couldn't work without

BB10 Z10 -- the only handheld device I need 99% of the time

Headphones in case -- big Sennheiser cans

Dedicated Portable Music Player / Headphone Amp -- because no mobile phone can come close to the quality of a dedicated DAC/amplifier

Nikon Digital SLR or smaller waterproof digital camera -- I rarely need to take pictures that matter, but if I do, I use a real camera, not a phone.

Amazon Kindle with my reference library -- I have the same books on my Z10, laptop and IPad, but this is the device I use most for reading because the electronic ink is easier on my eyes in all conditions, I can keep it open when working on other tasks, and the battery lasts more than 10x longer than on phones or tablets.

iPad (for video only) -- if I'm going to watch a movie, I want a decent immersive experience, and a viewing distance of 1.6 x the diagonal screen size is generally recommended. I'm not going to hold a 5 inch phone 8 inches from my face! But 16 inches is a great viewing distance for the 9.7 inch iPad.

Most days, I roll out the door with just the laptop and the Z10, but I would have no issues tossing an Android phone into my bag if I needed an app or two occasionally.

Sure, a single mobile phone would be more portable, and could perform most of the same tasks at a much lower level of quality for each, but the ONLY benefit to me would be portability, and the QUALITY of most of my activities would be noticeably degraded.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 08:46 AM
    I am not continuing to use my BB10 phone because I expect BlackBerry to come out with a new BB10 phone, or to update the OS 12 times a year. I continue to use it because it is the best and most cost efficient solution for me today. If that changes tomorrow, then I will buy a new phone tomorrow. If BlackBerry produces another BB10 phone in the future I may, or may not, buy that phone. It will depend on how much it costs and how much increased benefit it represents. The same decision process that I would go through before I buy an Android, iOS or Windows phone. You can speculate all you want on when "everything would go down the lane." But that is just your speculation based on your point of view. Everyone is entitled to their own decision when the apps they need no longer perform adequately. "No support from app developers" is a very broad statement. No or poor support from app developers you consider important would be more accurate.

I really resent the continued implications from other Crackberry users that because I continue to use a BB10 device I can not admit the reality of the situation, am somehow deluding myself. It is one of the things that is making Crackberry a less enjoyable place to visit day by day.
    Bravo sir
    01-13-17 10:59 AM
    Not quite what I meant: In response to Troy's post ("BB10 fans are constantly talking down anyone who doesn't share their priorities and perspectives as if they are naive or stupid"), I was pointing out that plenty of Blandroid users also mock and talk down to "anyone who doesn't share their priorities and perspectives as if they are naive or stupid."

Upon reflection, I probably should have simply kept that opinion to myself, because it reads a little like I'm trying to justify the bad behavior Troy mentions. I'm not.
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    01-13-17 11:55 AM
116 ... 345