I just recently got a Note Edge, while I have quite some trouble adjusting to a virtual keyboard (in fact so much that I decided keeping my Classic), I noticed a setting virtually every keyboard app for Android featured: Adjusting the delay of a long-press on a key.

The BlackBerry keyboard is more or less perfect for the english language, however it suffers on others. German, french and scandinavian languages use special character and umlauts, which we access via holding and long-pressing the desired key. If I want to get an , , or for example, I keep holding A to bring the pop-up menu. I always wished the delay would be shorter. On my Note Edge I have set the delay to somewhere between 0.2 and 0.25 seconds - which really speeds up writing in German and is more convenient.

It would be pretty neat if we could get a similar setting for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 07:48 PM
    Check your input languages in Settings > Language and Input > Input Languages, select no more than 3 of them, disable Language Detection and use alt+Enter to choose the appropriate one when needed. By doing so, the Prediction and Correction features will offer you the word with special characters faster than the long key pressed option.
    08-10-15 04:49 AM
    This is a nice tip. Thanks!
    08-10-15 06:56 AM
    Check your input languages in Settings > Language and Input > Input Languages, select no more than 3 of them, disable Language Detection and use alt+Enter to choose the appropriate one when needed. By doing so, the Prediction and Correction features will offer you the word with special characters faster than the long key pressed option.
    I appreciate your suggestion, but I usually prefer to disable all those little "helpers" for typing. I also dislike the fact the prediction bar is always taking away space on the display. The Classic already doesn't feature the largest screen.
    08-10-15 01:17 PM
    You'll get use to it in time
    08-10-15 04:47 PM