Hey guys.

So I added my work email address to my Z10 and it changed my security policy - b/c I had to change my password to a different format (from full alphanumeric to 6+ digits). Interestingly, as a result, my new password is weaker than my old password. Anyway, that this would happen was told to us by the IT guys before I did it.

Anyhow, my question is, given that this new security policy was pushed, is there any chance that the work IT staff has access to my "other"/personal email accounts or any other information on my device?

If they have the ability to remote wipe my device (which they said they did), that's fine - but can they get access to the "data" on my device? (including other email accounts)

Thanks..
    12-20-14 06:28 AM
    All they can do is just lock your email so you can't access it.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 06:48 AM
    That is not right, they can do more via active sync but they can not spy on you. They can wipe your device, lock it, etc.
    Basic MDM functions

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:08 PM
    They gain the ability to do certain things related to policy, password wipe, and that's about it. They have no access to content.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 10:53 PM
    I'm a little lost here. Don't you need BES to MDM?

Just adding an email account shouldn't allow a remote wipe.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 04:36 AM
    MDM administrators have no access to your device. As said: they can wipe device, locate device, apply security policies, lock device, push installation of the application or restrict installation of the restricted one. They are device administrators. They do not have access to personal data or any other content. They can access your work email, but they don't need your device access for it. If you are using corporate WiFi, they will monitor and scan everything for Data Leakage Protection, this include your private email and things you are watching / browsing while at work @-:. If you are using only 4G, then it is somewhat more difficult, but not impossible.

To manage BB10 device you need BES10 or 12. No other MDM (Mobile Device Management) platform will do... BES 10/12 is the only one capable of managing almost all mobile platforms.

12-28-14 06:02 AM
    So, is your BlackBerry hooked to a BES server?

If not, and you only added an email account to your phone than no, they cannot control your phone or see and information on it at all, they can only control the email account on their server and access to it, NOTHING to do with your phone

On the OTHER hand, if you ARE on a BES server, than that will allow them some extra functionality but still not allow them access to your device or any of your information or personal emails

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    12-28-14 07:19 AM