Question regarding adding contacts to the phone.

When adding contacts, the default locations to save the contacts are: "Local Contacts, DESKTOP, Outlook" (Desktop being my PC)

1) Is there a way to set a default to just Outlook only? I don't need three contacts every time I save a new one.
    2) I've had problems where a contact being added to the phone doesn't get saved to Outlook. I've saved the contact, there were 3 linked contacts yet it didn't show up in Outlook on the desktop. I then checked the phone again and it was gone from Outlook on the phone too.

Thanks!
    02-05-15 03:34 PM
    not sure why its doing that - mine only sync with outlook but that's the only contact list I provide too.
    02-05-15 04:09 PM
    You can edit your email account settings to turn on or off contact sync.

Next when you add a new contact, at the top of the screen, you will see 'save to'. Select that and deselect the accounts you don't want.

I personally keep it local and outlook. I found that saving to sim along with local and outlook caused the annoying double and triple contact issue.

There was also a time where I let all 3 email accounts and local save my contacts and that was a nightmare as well.

I took the time to type each contact one by one in excel and started fresh.

Chose one email account and keep it that way!

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 10:37 AM