Apparently they print QR code for guests so they can easily connect to WiFi. But BlackBerry 10 doesn't know what to do with it. Anyone else met this?

3 Ways to Make a QR Code to Share Your WiFi Password - wikiHow

Generating is really easy as ell https://qifi.org/
    09-03-15 08:38 AM
    You can do it easily for all BB10 devices by using the Smart Tags app by BlackBerry. Create a new tag, select Wi-Fi and fill the fields. You can then program a RFID tag or show the corresponding QR Code.
    09-03-15 08:43 AM
    I don't see an option to show a QR code in that app after filling in the wifi information.
    09-03-15 09:38 AM
    Joshu42, what I want is to scan and add new WiFi, not connect to an existing one.
    09-03-15 10:48 AM
    Joshu42, what I want is to scan and add new WiFi, not connect to an existing one.
    The same app does the trick. Tap the big Blue Ball at the bottom (Scan Barcode).

I don't see an option to show a QR code in that app after filling in the wifi information.
    After created it, long press and tap "Show Barcode" in the overflow.
    09-03-15 10:52 AM
    I know how to scan it, but a string such as "WIFI:S:test;T:WPA;P:blabla;;" does not help me much, unless I copy those values manually
    09-03-15 11:27 AM
    A Barcode just to provide you information. If want to program a tag to turn on WiFi and connect you would need an nfc tag.

I might be wrong but I'm someone will correct me if I am
    09-03-15 11:41 AM
    If the QR Code was created with Smart Tags, reading it must either ask you to create a new Wi-Fi profile with the data embedded, either connect you directly to the hot-spot.
    09-03-15 12:53 PM
    After created it, long press and tap "Show Barcode" in the overflow.
    In other words I have to actually create a tag that I have no use for first?
    09-03-15 01:27 PM
    In other words I have to actually create a tag that I have no use for first?
    I don't understand ? Didn't you want to create a QR Code that enable anyone to see the password, create a profile or connect directly to a Wi-Fi hot-spot ?

In Smart Tags, "tags" are just "cards with metadata". You can then either write to a RFID chip or create a QR barcode... The metadata is interpreted accordingly to the app used to read it. That's means that it's interpreted differently depending on the device and the app used. That's all.
    09-03-15 02:09 PM
    I don't understand ? Didn't you want to create a QR Code that enable anyone to see the password, create a profile or connect directly to a Wi-Fi hot-spot ?

In Smart Tags, "tags" are just "cards with metadata". You can then either write to a RFID chip or create a QR barcode... The metadata is interpreted accordingly to the app used to read it. That's means that it's interpreted differently depending on the device and the app used. That's all.
    Please read orginal post. OP wants to be able to scan an existing code and login to a WIFI Hotspot.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 02:34 PM
    Please read orginal post. OP wants to be able to scan an existing code and login to a WIFI Hotspot.
    I answered to Blackmoe, not itzJustMeh in this last post. OP has already his answer
    09-03-15 02:49 PM

OK, maybe I'm not seeing the obvious.

I want to print out a QR code that will log into a guest profile I have on my router. The way I'm seeing it on my copy of Smart Tags is that unless I write to an actual tag (which I don't have) I cannot access any further menu options such as create barcode.

I tap Create New Tag
    Select WIFI.... from the options
    Fill in the log in data

Now the only option I have at this point is "Write to NFC Tag" as displayed on the bottom menu bar which takes me to screen requesting I tap an actual NFC tag.

Until a tag is detected it will sit there with the animated tap graphic with no further options.

What do you see that I'm not?
    09-03-15 04:04 PM
    Now the only option I have at this point is "Write to NFC Tag" as displayed on the bottom menu bar which takes me to screen requesting I tap an actual NFC tag.
    you're right, there is no "Save" option at the top-right for the "Wi-Fi" and "bluetooth" tags. My bad !
    09-03-15 04:54 PM