Hi there. Since I added an @outlook.com account, all my saved contacts have a "link" to "local contacts" and "outlook contacts" (see the screenshot of the person named Test Try)...
    (please scroll down to see the screenshot to understand what I ment with linked contact)
    But my previous contacts remained only linked to my local contact list. Modifying them like adding number or mail adress or birthday doesn't help. Is there a way to add all my contacts to outlook.com or link them to it with one step? The alternative would be sit down a whole afternoon and delete contact, entering it anew and it would appear in outlook. But come on, there must be something to add a previous saved contact than the date I added my outlook account! Isn't it??

Add previous saved contacts to Outlook.com-img_00001109.png

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    10-18-13 05:57 AM
    Sadly Google messed all my contacts up... the easiest thing I did was goto outlook.com and added all my contacts there. no I don't even worry about it. Wipe the phone or install a leaked OS? Doesn't matter. Just add the account and all contacts sync back up.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 06:27 AM
    Sadly Google messed all my contacts up... the easiest thing I did was goto outlook.com and added all my contacts there. no I don't even worry about it. Wipe the phone or install a leaked OS? Doesn't matter. Just add the account and all contacts sync back up.

Posted via CB10
    I added an Outlook.com account recently. All my contacts that I added ON THE PHONE aftar that have been transferred/synchronized with Outlook. But the other (much much many more) that are saved on my phone BEFORE I added Outlook account did not... That's my problem... Okay, I can sit down and add all the contacts to Outlook on a computer, but I have too much Infos, Adresses, www. sites, birthdays... It would be easier if it could be automatic from phone to outlook.com with one press/actualisation option! Is there?

10-18-13 06:33 AM
    Gimme a few to get home and I will see if you can export your contacts from your phone to a file and then import them to outlook.com.

Posted via CB10
    anischab likes this.
    10-18-13 06:42 AM
    Gimme a few to get home and I will see if you can export your contacts from your phone to a file and then import them to outlook.com.

Posted via CB10
    I found sth in the account settings, (subsettings) that syncs the last 30 days (?) I modified to "endless", there phone prompted "too much data, need Wi-Fi" so I am also willing to get home to get it... but if it does not work, would be glad of any help :-)

Last edited by Anis Chabchoub; 10-18-13 at 07:24 AM.
    10-18-13 06:48 AM
    Nope, did not work, so I am counting on you to show me if there is a way... Thanks
    Last edited by Anis Chabchoub; 10-18-13 at 08:21 AM.
    10-18-13 07:23 AM
    If you have a lot of Local contacts, I'd suggest temporarily unsyncing your Outlook.com contacts, so just the local are on device. Then, use one of the contact backup/restore apps from BB World (such as X Contact) to backup the Local contacts, export that list, import it to Outlook.com. Then, delete the Local Contacts on your device by going to (Settings > Accounts > overlow menu (3 vertical dots at bottom right) and tap "Clear Local Contacts. Then, re-sync your Outlook.com contacts to your device. That should do it.
    miker476 and 123nat like this.
    10-18-13 09:07 AM
    Just select all the local contacts, share via email to your pc - then you will get .vcf files to import somehow.
    Sadly the outlook.com website supports only csv files to import.
    But you can convert the files maybe

Regards Johnny

Posted via CB10
    123nat likes this.
    10-18-13 10:59 AM
    Seems to me I had to use Contacts X to make a .vcf file. I then imported that file to my Gmail account. From there I could export it to Outlook.com. It's been a few months since I did it, but now Outlook.com works fine.
    As mentioned earlier, I then cleared my local contacts.

Posted via CB10
    123nat likes this.
    10-18-13 02:38 PM
    For me it works with sharing the contacts. This will generate .vcf files as an attachment.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 01:40 AM
    This thread works for me! Thank you to all of the posters for your advice and help. For those looking how to import multiple vCards to gmail (so that they can export as a .csv to outlook), I highly recommend this link How to import multiple vCards (.vcf files) into Gmail or Outlook

Blackberry should have made it very clear from the outset that they discourage locally saved contacts. The future is Sync.
    11-18-13 04:57 PM