Hi, I know adblock plus was removed from the android play store. But they still allow the installation of adblock plus by visiting the website of adblock. So can this apk work on the BlackBerry 10? I mean if it do get installed, will it work properly on BlackBerry 10's browser and the likes? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 12:00 PM
    try it and if it does worked that would b great and if it doesnt so it doesnt !!!
    02-15-14 12:05 PM
    I think if the adblock plus can work on other android phones, then why not on your BlackBerry 10? Just give Adguard - Adblock a try and if it works, do let us know too so that we could let others know too.

Hi, I know adblock plus was removed from the android play store. But they still allow the installation of adblock plus by visiting the website of adblock. So can this apk work on the BlackBerry 10? I mean if it do get installed, will it work properly on BlackBerry 10's browser and the likes? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Domelo; 03-05-14 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Invalid link
    02-18-14 01:05 PM
    I think if the adblock plus can work on other android phones, then why not on your BlackBerry 10? Just give it a try and if it works, do let us know too so that we could let others know too.
    Android apps don't function out of the android environment, both worlds don't overlap.
    That's why apps like truecaller don't show the floating notification on the incoming call screen...

So I'm assuming it won't work...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.1925
    Domelo likes this.
    02-18-14 01:12 PM
    I don't know what if any alternate browsers are available for BB10 but a few browsers made for the pb had some ad blocking.
    02-18-14 01:36 PM
    On non-rooted Android, Adblock Plus only works on WiFi, and it only works if you set up a proxy server on each WiFi connection you want ad-blocked. So it is limited in it's functionality.

Adblock Plus doesn't really work too well in BB10. It does restrict ads (via WiFi) as long as you leave it running as an active tile, and you add the following proxy server to each WiFi connection: localhost on port 2020. However, it causes Android apps with ads to open painfully slowly, and it causes BB10 to see the WiFi connection as limited after a while.
    Domelo likes this.
    02-18-14 01:45 PM
    Adblock Plus is available in the Amazon Appstore.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 04:41 PM
    Android apps don't function out of the android environment, both worlds don't overlap.
    That's why apps like truecaller don't show the floating notification on the incoming call screen...

So I'm assuming it won't work...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.1925
    Sorry for the delayed response. I appreciate your effort, but I have come to know through some friends that rather than ABP, Adguard - Adblock is working, whereas many of them claim it doesn't. Getting confused
    03-04-14 01:39 PM
    I don't know what if any alternate browsers are available for BB10 but a few browsers made for the pb had some ad blocking.
    Did you try the latest Adblock extension or not? Many people have appreciated it over ABP. I hope it'll solve your problem.
    03-04-14 01:42 PM
    On non-rooted Android, Adblock Plus only works on WiFi, and it only works if you set up a proxy server on each WiFi connection you want ad-blocked. So it is limited in it's functionality.

Adblock Plus doesn't really work too well in BB10. It does restrict ads (via WiFi) as long as you leave it running as an active tile, and you add the following proxy server to each WiFi connection: localhost on port 2020. However, it causes Android apps with ads to open painfully slowly, and it causes BB10 to see the WiFi connection as limited after a while.
    If ABP is creating such problems, then why are we guys so crazy to go grab it? Don't we have other adblockers to curb such issues? After reading your thought-provoking posts, I think I should better opt for this ad or pop up blocker. Your generous guidance will surely be appreciated.
    03-04-14 01:54 PM
    Any updates on an Ad Blocker for BB10?

I want to stop the youtube ads that pop up *before* the video I'm watching.

But getting rid of that asics ad on IMDb would be ace, too!

About to try some adblocker... through Mobile 1 app (where I source my android apps for BB)
    10-31-15 09:08 AM
    Any updates on an Ad Blocker for BB10?

I want to stop the youtube ads that pop up *before* the video I'm watching.

But getting rid of that asics ad on IMDb would be ace, too!

About to try some adblocker... through Mobile 1 app (where I source my android apps for BB)
    Use Browsie Browser, it has built-in adblock and it looks and works 99% like the stock browser.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:47 AM