Ah, okay, I see what you mean. Yes, I also lost my files first time around!

Posted via CB10
    And to add to that I am only able to delete the files using the app. Native file manager does not.
    02-23-20 07:50 AM
    Fennec update (link updated).
    Partially integrated system font. Redesign application icon.
    @XcrazyS I could be wrong but I find that Fennec 68.3 is draining my battery when idle and was wondering if when you provide an update that you could grant access to killing the app from running in the background. As is I cannot access the switch in app permissions.
    I could be wrong but I let the battery drain with the app uninstalled then again with it installed. I found the difference to be undeniable yet I am still testing but it would be nice to control the permissions for the app. Thank you

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-25-20 at 05:11 AM.
    02-24-20 07:31 PM
    @XcrazyS I find that Fennec 68.3 is draining my battery when idle and was wondering if when you provide an update that you could grant access to killing the app from running in the background. As is I cannot access the switch in app permissions.

Still find Kiwi to be superior to Fennec in my Passport especially in battery consumption.
    02-24-20 07:35 PM
    Still find Kiwi to be superior to Fennec in my Passport especially in battery consumption.
    I'd rather not debate browsers in this thread but I did try to get Kiwi to load kijiji signed in and it was an epic fail.

02-24-20 07:59 PM
    His adapted Fennec is much better than standard Fennec. I say this from having tried standard Fennec for the first time on my Z10 this week and found it unusable.

This adapted version has tweaks to make it lighter on the phone. Also, there are instructions on changing settings in the "about:config" page which seem to have helped.

It's really worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-20 06:02 AM
    XcrazyS, is there any possibility that you could do a PlayBook browser? It's Android version is stuck way back at Gingerbread though!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-20 06:03 AM
    His adapted Fennec is much better than standard Fennec. I say this from having tried standard Fennec for the first time on my Z10 this week and found it unusable.

This adapted version has tweaks to make it lighter on the phone. Also, there are instructions on changing settings in the "about:config" page which seem to have helped.

It's really worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I have tried the mod version. Tested it against Kiwi and I still like Kiwi for speed and function better. Oh well, each to his/her own and it's good to have the choice.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    02-25-20 06:20 AM
    Yes, I have tried the mod version. Tested it against Kiwi and I still like Kiwi for speed and function better. Oh well, each to his/her own and it's good to have the choice.

Posted via CB10
    That's to know, thanks. I haven't tried Kiwi myself.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-20 06:24 AM
    XcrazyS, is there any possibility that you could do a PlayBook browser? It's Android version is stuck way back at Gingerbread though!

Posted via CB10
    This would be a god sent yes!

Pass(ion)Port!
    02-25-20 07:04 AM
    Time is money. No money - no honey!
    02-26-20 06:41 AM
    That’s why all the BlackBerry and other developers use subscriptions. If not all you’re left with are el cheapos.
    02-26-20 06:59 AM
    That’s why all the BlackBerry and other developers use subscriptions. If not all you’re left with are el cheapos.
    What happened to the selfless love for BB10 and it users? Lol.

Holding something in my hand with nowhere to go
    02-26-20 07:09 AM
    No time for all this.
    Speaking of subscriptions, it makes no sense to make subscriptions on Android applications. Because any subscription can be hacked.
    02-26-20 07:15 AM
    No time for all this.
    Speaking of subscriptions, it makes no sense to make subscriptions on Android applications. Because any subscription can be hacked.
    Too bad. It’s a shame. Good luck on getting paid for all your time.
    02-26-20 07:40 AM
    I've sent you some money towards all your hard work. I'm posting this publicly to serve as a reminder to others who use your great adapted apps. Thanks xCrazyS! :-)

Posted via CB10
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-26-20 11:59 PM
    No time for all this.
    Does this mean you are done or will more time be spent on BB10 if more donations are made?
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-27-20 11:47 AM
    I'm getting unable to install this app on my Passport when trying fennec browser.

SQW100-1 running 10.3.3.3216
    02-28-20 06:49 AM
    I'm getting unable to install this app on my Passport when trying fennec browser.

Delete prior versions first.
    02-28-20 07:06 AM

Also delete any other android browser (Kiwi etc) if you have on your Passport.
    02-28-20 07:14 AM
    @jamescarruthers,
    Thank you! I am very glad that you like my work.
    @The_Passporter,
    All the most valuable - for free: love, friendship, respect, applications for Blackberry.
    The total number of downloads of my applications has already exceeded several thousand. And almost no one even said a simple "thank you", not to mention something more. Very disappointing. I do not ask anything from users, let everyone act according to their conscience.

I want to say that time is money. I have a lot of basic work and little free time. I can not constantly use my main device for development, because sometimes this leads to a flashing. And the Passport is my main and only device. Contacts, settings, bookmarks, etc. - all this is problematic to restore every time. Virtual machines and simulators Blackberry are not objective (for Android app). For statistics - in our places, the device (Passport Black) costs 400-550$ (new), 200-250$ (strongly used), with an average salary of 450-650$ at the current rate. Very expensive.
    02-28-20 01:00 PM
    Thank you for your hard work, XcrazyS.
    02-28-20 01:37 PM
    I say it before... but your hard work is appreciated. Keep up the good work xcrazys!!

Posted via my Passport
    02-28-20 02:22 PM
    The total number of downloads of my applications has already exceeded several thousand. And almost no one even said a simple "thank you", not to mention something more. Very disappointing.
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!! Post early and post often......

- Chuck
    02-28-20 03:51 PM
    @jamescarruthers,
    Thank you! I am very glad that you like my work.
    @The_Passporter,
    All the most valuable - for free: love, friendship, respect, applications for Blackberry.
    The total number of downloads of my applications has already exceeded several thousand. And almost no one even said a simple "thank you", not to mention something more. Very disappointing. I do not ask anything from users, let everyone act according to their conscience.

I want to say that time is money. I have a lot of basic work and little free time. I can not constantly use my main device for development, because sometimes this leads to a flashing. And the Passport is my main and only device. Contacts, settings, bookmarks, etc. - all this is problematic to restore every time. Virtual machines and simulators Blackberry are not objective (for Android app). For statistics - in our places, the device (Passport Black) costs 400-550$ (new), 200-250$ (strongly used), with an average salary of 450-650$ at the current rate. Very expensive.
    So if I could get my hands on some Passports would you like me to ship them to you?

02-28-20 07:50 PM
    If you want, you can have a PlayBook from me also.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-20 10:57 PM
343 ... 1011121314